Nervous Wreck

[ 2 days until Gabby's Wedding ]

"Gabby," Cathy grabbed her friends shoulders, "Relax, you're fine."

"How can I be Fine!" Gabby said nervously, "my wedding is in two days!"

"Gabby, listen, all brides get nervous before they get married." Cathy smiled at her friend, "This is normal."

Gabby sighed.

"I'm excited and nervous." Gabby laughed.

"You're gonna be fine, trust me."

Gabby smiled up at Cathy.

"Thank you Cathy." Gabby hugged her friend.

"You're welcome." Cathy hugged Gabby back.

📎📎📎

[ 1 Day until Gabby's wedding ]

The whole team was over at Mac's house. Celebrating another successful mission.

Cathy's phone began to ring.

"Gabby, you're fine. Just relax, please." Cathy hung up the phone.

"How many times has she called you?" Riley asked.

"At least nine times." Cathy sighed. Her phone began to ring again. "Make That ten." Cathy picked up.

"Gabby, please. You're fine." Cathy hung up.

"Yesterday, she was a nervous wreck," Cathy laughed. "Today, she's making me a little nervous."

"I'd be nervous if I was getting married tomorrow." Riley laughed.

"Tomorrow is going to be one busy day." Cathy sighed.

"We can always come early and help." Bozer suggested.

"Really?" Cathy raised a brow.

"Yeah," Bozer smiled, "it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra hands would it?"

"Actually," Cathy thought, "it wouldn't."

"So, what time do you want us there by?" Jack asked.

"I'd say about 10:30." Cathy said.

📎📎📎

Cathy rubbed her temples. The stress of the wedding was getting to her.

"You ok?" Mac asked.

"Yeah, Gabby's making me stress." Cathy laughed.

"You'll Be Fine." Mac said.

"I know I will be," Cathy ran her hand through her messy brown hair, "I just wish Gabby would relax about this."

Mac chuckled.

"Goodnight Cathy."

"Night Mac." Cathy smiled as he left.

📎📎📎

"Mac," Cathy grabbed his arm and started dragging him towards the front door, "You're coming with me."

"Why?" Mac looked confused.

"Because," Cathy started, "I have a feeling we'll be seeing Danny sometime today, so you're my 'bodyguard'". Cathy smiled.

"I'm guessing I have no choice but to go with you then?" Mac chuckled.

"Ding ding ding." Cathy laughed and opened the door to Mac's car. "Get in, I'm driving."

📎📎📎

"Why are we at the mall?" Mac asked.

"I need to get some gifts for Gabby and her soon to be husband Zack." Cathy smiled.

It took two hours for Cathy to find some gifts for the soon to be married couple. They were walking out to the car when, wait for it... Danny was leaning against Mac's car.

"Cathy," Danny looked at the girl, "Just the woman I wanted to see."

"Stay away from me." Cathy spat.

"Now, is that the way to talk to your boyfriend?" Danny smiled.

Cathy sighed.

"Do I have to write it down for you Danny? We broke up!" We're done!"

"I say we're done when I say we're done." Danny wrapped his arms tightly around Cathy's waist.

Mac pushed him off of her.

"Touch her again, and you'll end up in a hospital."

"Is that right?" Danny smirked.

"You're drunk Danny." Cathy crossed her arms.

"Just a little." Danny burped.

"Come on Cathy." Mac guided the girl towards the car. Before Cathy could even get into the car, Danny had grabbed her wrist. He pulled her close to him. His breath smelled of alcohol and something far worse.

"I just miss you Cathy." Danny smiled down at her, "I really miss you."

Cathy slapped the man. At first, it didn't faze him. Then, his face contorted with anger. Danny raised a hand, and slapped Cathy as hard as he could. The girl was sent to the ground.

Mac tackled the man. The two fought. Mac threw harder punches than Danny. Cathy has never seen this side of Mac before.

"Mac!" Cathy yelled, "Mac, that's enough!"

Mac stopped. Heavy breaths, chest rising and falling. Soon, his anger subsided. He walked over to Cathy and helped her up and to the car. He started the car and drove off. Leaving a badly wounded, drunk Danny lying on the ground.

When the two got home, they entered Mac's house silently. Not a word was said.

Mac went to the freezer and got out an ice pack for Cathy.

"Here." Mac handed her the cold pack.

"Thanks." Cathy said quietly and placed the ice pack under her eye.

"I would've helped you, but I was too dazed to even realize my surroundings." Cathy laughed.

Mac chuckled.

"Let's see how that bruise is doing."

Cathy took the ice pack off of the bruise under her eye. Mac placed one hand on Cathy's neck, and the other on her cheek. His thumb rubbed over the bruise.

"Ow." Cathy cringed.

"Sorry." Mac apologized.

As Mac looked at the bruise. Cathy had butterflies in her stomach. Why was she feeling this way?

"Will it heal before tomorrow?" Cathy asked.

"Probably not." Mac said as his eyes locked onto hers.

There was silence for awhile. No one said anything. Until, Cathy became uncomfortable and cleared her throat.

"I should call Gabby, see how she's doing." Cathy moved out off Mac's touch and walked to his room to get her phone. Once she had her phone, she called Gabby and closed the door.

"Don't like her like that huh?" Bozer said behind Mac.

Mac spun around to face his friend.

He sighed and ran a hand through his blonde hair.

"I'll be working on the car if you need me." Mac said as he made his way outside.

"Maybe that's bothering Mac," Bozer thought, "making fun of him with this situation just makes him upset." Bozer shook his head and went into the kitchen to make dinner.