Hang on

The team has been looking for Cathy for two weeks now. They have narrowed down to at least 12 abandoned bunkers.

"What do we have?" Matty asked as she walked into the room.

"I've got at least 12 abandoned bunkers, I'm trying to narrow it down more." Riley rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"I think I have something." Bozer took Riley's computed.

"Remember That device you gave to Lance," Bozer typed away on the computer, "I got a hit on it." Bozer turned the computer around towards the group, "There's a bunker a few miles away from it."

"Let's go." Jack said to the group. Everyone packed up their things and got ready.

📎📎📎

Cathy could hear the echo of boots coming near her, but she didn't care.

"Your friends will be here soon." Danny smiled.

Cathy sat up.

"Oh, I wouldn't get too excited, I've rigged the place with traps. They'll never make it inside."

"Oh," Cathy chuckled, "yes they will, they have MacGyver."

Danny realized his mistake. Then he smiled.

"I'll make sure they can't get far." Then he walked out of the room. This time, he left the door wide open.

Cathy tugged on the chains. Dust from the wall began to fall onto the mattress. Maybe, Cathy could get the chains off of her. Well, out of the wall. Cathy tugged on the chains again, they were slightly out of the wall now.

Cathy smiled. She pulled on the chains even more. This time, they came out.

Cathy stood up and slowly walked towards the door. Danny was outside talking on the phone with someone.

Cathy grabbed the chain in her hands and took a deep breath. Then, she wrapped the chain around Danny's neck and brought him to the ground.

"Like you said Danny." Cathy smiled, "I need my strength."

Danny's eyes widened, then they closed. Cathy let go of him and started her journey to find a way out.

📎📎📎

"Stop here!" Bozer shouted. The car stopped. "The bunkers entrance is over there." Bozer pointed towards an old rusted door. The team got out of the car and headed for the door. Jack pulled on the handle and opened the door. As soon as it was opened. Cathy's voice echoed throughout the bunker.

"Mac!" Cathy screamed.

"It's a trap." Jack muttered, there's no way, she could've heard us."

"Of course not." Danny smiled.

Jack pointed his gun at Danny.

"Where is she!"

"I'll let you do the finding." Danny chuckled, "oh, might want to watch the wires. Bye!" Danny ran down the hall he came from.

"Bomb!" Mac yelled. Everyone ran away from the ticking doorway. The explosion threw the group towards a wall.

"He's got the place rigged!" Jack said as he stood up and brushed himself off.

"He knew we were coming." Mac said.

"Everyone ok?" Jack asked.

"Yeah." Riley brushed the dust off of herself.

"I'm good." Bozer said.

"Let's go get Cathy." Jack said to the group.

📎📎📎

As Cathy ran through the endless bunker, she heard a soft boom.

"That's one." Cathy said to herself. "Mac and the team must be here."

Cathy went to run towards the noise but stopped. A small ringing sound came from the floor.

Cathy looked down. She had stepped on a pressure plate. Cathy sighed and carefully kneeled down. She looked around the room for something that could weigh it down. Nothing was near her.

"Shit." Cathy breathed. She looked towards the room that was close to her. Maybe, if she could quickly get off of it and into that room, she'd be safe.

"This should work." Cathy said to herself, then she laughed. "Now I'm sounding just like Mac."

Cathy carefully stood up and counted to three. Then, she leaped off the pressure plate and rolled into the room that was near her. Luckily for her, the plate had a slow reaction time. Thus, giving Cathy enough time to get away from the blast.

Cathy stood up and walked out of the room. She carefully avoided the shrapnel and then proceeded down the hallway.

📎📎📎

As the team looked into the rooms of the bunker, a loud boom could be heard.

"Another trap?" Jack asked.

"It was either a faulty trap," Mac looked at Jack, "or someone set it off."

"Let's see if we can find it." Jack walked towards the noise.

📎📎📎

"Hey guys." Bozer called them over, "look at this." The team walked into a room that had a mattress and some concrete dust on the ground.

"Cathy was here." Jack said.

"Looks Like she escaped." Riley said.

"Let's keep looking." Mac said to the group.

📎📎📎

"Mac!" Cathy called out, "Mac!" No answer came back. Cathy came towards the exit. Well, what was left of it. "Go back the way you came Cathy." Cathy said to herself and sighed. "They heard the explosion, must've gone there." Cathy ran back the way she came. "Just have to hang on for a little while longer."