Accidents happen

Cathy didn't know how long she'd been on the road for. She was tired, but Cathy had to keep going.

Her phone began to ring.

"Yes Dennis?" Cathy growled.

"How are we this morning Catherine?" Murdoc asked.

Cathy scoffed.

"Why do you care?"

"Oh well, never mind. How is that drive going?"

Cathy paused. She began to look in her rearview mirror, to the left and right.

"It's going great," Cathy's grip on the steering wheel tightened. "Why do you ask?"

"That car does look decent," Murdoc said, "shame it has to get ruined."

Cathy's eyes widened. A missile came right for her, but she quickly swerved out of the way. As Cathy swerved the car, the tires caught something and the car suddenly began to roll.

Cathy shielded her eyes before any glass shards could cut them. The sound of metal hitting the ground pierced Cathy's ears.

The car had rolled a few meters, maybe a mile before it finally stopped.

Cathy had cuts and bruises all over her. Her nose was bleeding, and her lip was busted. Cathy tried to move her leg, but screamed when doing so. Her ankle was broken.

Footsteps came closer towards the car. Cathy looked up to see someone she really didn't want to see.

"Hello Catherine." Murdoc smiled down at her. "Let's get you out of there shall we?" Murdoc set down his weapon and grabbed Cathy. He then proceeded by dragging her out of the vehicle. Her screams meant nothing to him.

"Don't worry," Murdoc said as he finished pulling Cathy out, "Your friends will join you soon enough."

Cathy felt a small pinch on her neck, her eyes blinked to regain focus. Her breathing became an echo to her ears. Then, her eyelids began to close.

📎📎📎

"How long have we been driving for Jack?" Mac asked.

"A few hours give or take." Jack sighed.

"Guys," Riley began to play the news, "we got a crash up ahead, and it doesn't look pretty."

"Jack-" Mac looked at him worried.

"We'll get there." Jack said as he pushed his foot down on the gas pedal. The car began to speed up.

📎📎📎

"Oh my god." Riley gasped as she covered her mouth.

Mac didn't wait for the car to stop, he hopped out and ran towards the wreckage. His heart broke when he saw the car.

Mac's hands slowly went up to his head. His eyes became cloudy.

Mac looked into the car and found no one inside. He looked to the left and found a paramedic. He ran up to him, the team followed him.

"Was there a girl, in that car?" Mac asked with a shaky voice.

The man looked at the group.

"Yes, but she went in a different ambulance. I can take you to the hospital if you'd like me to." The man looked at the now building up traffic, "your car isn't going to get through this traffic. The least I could do is bring you there."

"Please." Mac said.

"Hop in." The man said.

The group piled into the back of the ambulance. Then, the man closed the door behind them. He took a lock out of his pocket and locked the doors shut. A small smile was on the man's lips.

He got into the drivers seat and started the engine. The ambulance began to pull away.

The man flicked a switch and the back began to fill with white smoke. He could hear the Phoenix team coughing and trying to get out. Then, he heard the thumps of their bodies hitting the floor.

Murdoc began to whistle and tap his fingers on the steering wheel to the tune.

"This is going to be fun!" Murdoc said to himself.