Healing

"Mac!" Cathy called from the bedroom, "can you grab me some pain killers please?"

"You don't need them anymore Cathy." Mac said as he walked into the bedroom.

"My head hurts!" Cathy groaned through clenched teeth.

"You have a small headache, you're fine."

Cathy huffed and slowly got out of bed. Mac helped her walk out of the bedroom, and into the living room. He helped her onto the couch as well.

"Thanks Mac." Cathy smiled up at him.

"Try not to move as much, Ok? You remember what happened last time?"

"Yeah, I know, I opened the cut on my head." Cathy rolled her eyes.

"I hate it when you roll your eyes at me." Mac smiled.

"I think you actually love it." Cathy joked.

Mac scoffed and shook his head.

"Get some rest. I'll be back in two to three hours. I'll send Bozer by to check on you."

Cathy groaned.

"Mac, I'm not three years old, I don't need a babysitter."

"In your condition," Mac smiled, "I think you do." Mac then walked out the door.

📎📎📎

"Bozer," Cathy called from the couch, "when's Mac and Jack coming home?"

"Soon, I hope." Bozer said from the kitchen. "Just, try to rest."

Cathy sighed and slowly closed her eyes.

📎📎📎

"Cathy!" A voice echoed throughout the house. "Cathy!"

Cathy dragged herself across the floor. She was slowly dying. A blood trail followed her.

"Cathy..." the voice rang.

Cathy cried. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Boots thudded against the floor. Then they stopped right behind Cathy.

"Oh Cathy," Danny smiled down at her, "you can never escape me." He pulled out a gun and pointed it at her. Then, he pulled the trigger.

📎📎📎

Cathy woke with a start. Her eyes darted to the left, to the right, and to the face hovering above her.

"Are you alright Cathy?" Mac asked.

"Just a bad dream, that's all." Cathy slightly smiled.

Cathy sat up and looked around the house.

"Where's Bozer?" Cathy asked.

"He went home once I got back." Mac looked at Cathy. "What, you didn't miss me?"

Cathy playfully punched Mac on the arm.

"Do you want to tell me about your dream, or no?" Mac asked.

Cathy sighed.

"I was trying to crawl away from someone." Cathy closed her eyes, she hated the feeling of fear. "I was bleeding, dying. Someone came behind me. I turned myself to see who it was, and it was Danny. He said to me that I could never escape him. Then, he drew a gun and pulled the trigger. Then I woke up."

"I won't let Danny hurt you, I promise." Mac looked at Cathy.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Mac." Cathy slightly smiled. Then she quickly changed the subject.

"I think I'll just sleep on the couch tonight." Cathy yawned.

"You're really going to go back to sleep?" Mac asked.

"Why not?" Cathy turned onto her good side. "I can't walk around, that'll just make things worse."

Mac chuckled and stood up.

"Night Cathy." Mac said as he headed towards his room.

"Night Mac." Cathy yawned.

📎📎📎

One month later....

"Cathy," Mac shook the sleeping girl, "We gotta go to work."

"No." Cathy pulled the covers closer to her.

Mac sighed. He grabbed the covers and yanked them off of Cathy. Cathy still didn't move.

"Alright," Mac muttered as he walked out of the bedroom towards the kitchen, "you asked for this." Mac came back into the bedroom holding a bucket full of ice cold water. He threw the water onto Cathy. In his entire life, he had never heard any woman scream as loud as Cathy did.

"WHAT THE HELL MAC?!" Cathy glared daggers at Mac.

"We need to get going." Mac smiled.

Cathy grabbed the bucket and splashed the remaining water onto Mac.

"Ok," Mac moved his wet hair out of his eyes. "I did deserve that, but seriously?!"

"We have to get going." Cathy tried her best to mimic Mac's voice. There was silence. Then, the two began to laugh.

📎📎📎

[ Unknown location ]

He paced back and forth. His eyes kept darting back to the screens.

"I can't let this happen, this can't HAPPEN!" He slammed his hands down onto the desk.

He watched the two laugh. Why would they be laughing? They were soaking wet!

He shook his head.

She needed to be taken away from him, at any cost.

Soon, a grin was on his lips.

"Don't worry Cathy." Danny smiled, "we'll see each other very soon." Danny then began to laugh hysterically.