I need You here, With Me

Cathy hadn't eaten anything for a day. Her room was dark. Her eyes stung from sobbing. Cathy felt extremely exhausted. Cathy slowly closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Mac had quietly opened the door and looked into the room. Cathy seemed to be sleeping. Mac slowly began to close the door when Cathy called out his name.

Mac stepped into the room and walked towards Cathy.

"How are you?" Mac asked Cathy as he sat down near her.

Cathy sat up and moved closer to Mac. She leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed.

"I'm terrible Mac." Cathy looked up at him. "I haven't eaten all day, I feel exhausted, I just don't know what to do." Cathy's head went back onto Mac shoulder.

Mac kissed her head and rested his head on hers.

"I'll be with you tomorrow, the next day and the next day. I'll be with you until you don't need me anymore."

"I'm gonna need you tomorrow." Cathy said quietly. "I don't want to be alone when she's put to rest."

"You'll never be alone." Mac said. "I'll always be there for you when you need me."

Cathy sighed sadly.

"I've lost both of them Mac," Cathy started to cry. "What if I lose more people that I care about?" Cathy sat up and looked at Mac, "What if I lose Bozer, or Riley, or jack, or Matty, or Gabby, or Lance, or Zack? What if I lose you?"

"We're not going anywhere Cathy," Mac brought the girl into his arms, "We won't leave you."

Cathy wiped away her tears.

"I feel so empty, Mac. I don't have my parents anymore. They're gone."

"I don't have my dad." Mac said, "that watch you were looking at, that was his. He's been missing for a few years. I feel empty without him."

"I'm sorry Mac," Cathy placed her hand on his, "I'm sure you'll find your dad some day."

Mac softly smiled.

"Thank you."

Cathy smiled.

"Do you need anything?" Mac asked.

"I need you here, with me." Cathy held Mac's hand in her own. "Please?"

Mac softly smiled at the girl.

"Okay."

Cathy moved closer to Mac and placed her head back onto his shoulder. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"Thank you Mac," Cathy started, "I know I've been saying that a lot, but seriously, thank you."

Mac chuckled.

"You're welcome Cathy, try to get some sleep now."

Cathy nodded her head and began to slowly drift off to sleep.

Mac could feel the warmth radiating from her hand. He kept his hand in hers, he never wanted to let go. His heart ached for her. Mac wanted to keep Cathy in his arms everyday. He never wanted to see her in pain. And when he did, it broke his heart.

Mac sighed and remembered the night when he had almost kissed Cathy. How close he was to touching her lips with his own. Mac couldn't help but smile at the thought.

Mac looked down at Cathy. She was sound asleep. His smile had slowly faded as he remembered how broken she was.

"I'll always be here for you." Mac whispered and planted a kiss on Cathy's forehead. Soon, he began to close his eyes. Then, Mac slowly drifted off to sleep.