Chapter 56

Ciel did get dessert that night and afterwards the two had laid together, cuddling close until they drifted off to sleep. Sebastian made the few following days full of plans for both of them and spent even more money on Ciel, which of course he was thankful for but confused about. The man had confronted him about it that day, and sadly.... Today is when it would end. The raven had explained that his visit was over at the end of the week on Friday, which was today.
Ciel lay awake already, it was probably only about 5 in the morning and it was still semi-dark out. As soon as he had woken up, his heart felt heavy and tears brimmed his eyes, he couldn't handle today, he just couldn't. He sniffled quietly and looked over to his side, seeing his boyfriend still peacefully asleep, he smiled softly and caressed his cheek. The man furrowed his brows in his sleep, making little noises before the small hand moved away, rubbing at a wide blue eye. The blunette sniffled again, carefully getting up from the bed and going into the bathroom where he closed the door, slowly sliding his back down it as his tears did the same down his cheeks. He immediately let the tears fall, full force as he whimpered softly, rubbing at his eyes but only making the situation worse. His quiet cries turned louder, and his cries turned to sobs as he tried to control them but he just couldn't. His body shook and so did his heart with each loud sob he emitted, clutching at anything he could as he tried to catch his breath.
His nose was stuffy and his throat was tight as he attempted to calm his breathing, intaking deep breaths only to be interrupted by short, choppy ones soon after that made him panic and break again. He felt like his entire world was breaking, shattering as he watched, and Sebastian was only going back home. Ciel couldn't even muster the thought of his boyfriend forever leaving him, breaking it off and leaving him behind for someone else. The thought only made his heart ache more as he leaned forward, grabbing a handful of toilet paper and wiping at his eyes to try and dry them.
Sebastian had woken up to the sound of pained cries rather quickly, sitting up and stumbling slightly as he rushed to the bathroon, knocking quickly and hearing the cries halt.
"Y-Yes, Sebastian?" It was clearly evident in his voice that Ciel had been crying.
"Ciel, Baby, whats wrong? Let me in..." He said softly, gently turning the doorknob and opening just enough to slip in. His heart broke, the pieces crumbling down his ribcage and into his stomach, at the sight of Ciel. He instantly dropped to his knees, gathering him up and pulling the boy close. The blunette instantly hugged his neck, savouring the warmth of his chest as he hid his face in the crook of Sebastians neck.
"S-Sebastian... You can't go... Not now, please.... Please! You can't leave!" He sobbed hard, body trembling with each word. The man frowned heavily, guilt completely over taking him as he hugged the blunette closer.
"Ciel.... I have to go... Trust me if I didn't have to I wouldn't...." He said, hand rubbing soothing circles on the others back. The smaller male only sobbed harder, his body continuing to shake, however within a few minutes it all went silent. Sebastian instantly noticed, pulling back slowly and seeing that the boy had passed out, his body and mind already being tired. He frowned at this, picking him up gently before laying him back in the bed, covering him up and kissing his forehead softly. While the other still slept he repacked his suitcase, putting away everything before setting it near the door and making his way back up to the bedroom where he sat at the edge of the bed. His gaze fixed one Ciel's sleeping form, seeing how his eyes were still red and puffy and his cheeks were still stained with tears. It made his heart twist and knot up as he looked away, feeling guilty. He didn't want to leave but he didn't have a choice.... He had to get back home for her, his cat.... And to pay all the bills and tell his mother she could stop looking after the house. He sighed heavily, letting one tear roll down his cheek slowly and watching as it hit against the carpeted floor, seeing how it slightly darkened the color momentarily. He felt it resembled how quickly their happiness had changed.