Chapter 16

I woke up to the sound of Lilah throwing up.

"Oh god Ana, I'm dying." she called out.

I got up and went into the bathroom, she was laying on the floor crying.

"I had a fight with Jimmy, and I can't even remember what I said too him."

"What, you never told me, what did you fight about?" I sat down beside her.

"His stupid ex was there, and he was talking with her, I dunno Ana, I got a little mad." She said wiping her face "She's fucking perfect, I can't compete with that."

"Oh Lilah, don't be silly."

"Get out Ana, I need a shower." She dragged herself off the floor.

I layed on the bed while Lilah had a shower, I could hear her crying and I felt bad for her.

My phone rang and I answered it, smiling. Matt.

"Woah, have you spoken to Lilah?" he asked me immediately.

"Yeah, she's crying her eyes out in the shower as we speak."

"I'm guessing doing something today is out of the question." he asked.

I was disappointed, but I couldn't leave Lilah, not while she was like this. "I can't leave her Matt, I'm sorry." Damn.

"It's okay, I understand. I might just come over there, is that okay if I do that?" Hell yes it was okay.

"Yes, come over, please."

"Okay, good, I'll see you soon." And he hung up.

Lilah walked out, looking miserable. I jumped up, I needed to shower. I jumped in quickly got dressed and tied my hair back.

"He rejected my call." Lilah cried as I walked out of the bathroom.

"He'll come around." I said hugging her "Matt's coming over, is that okay?"

She groaned "It's fine, I'm sorry Ana." I hugged her tighter. "I bet he slept with her, the fucking slut."

"He wouldn't have Lilah, you know that."

"I hear a car." She said, standing up and walking out of the bedroom. "I hope you don't mind me third wheeling."

The doorbell rang. "No silly."

Lilah opened the door and let Matt in, he hugged her. "I bought food."

"Oh thankgod." Lilah said snatching the bags and walking to the kitchen.

"Jim is really pissed off." He told me sitting down. "I dunno what she said but he is fuming."

"She has no idea what she said, something about his ex."

He nodded, looking at me "I thought it might be that."

Lilah came back in with food and put a movie on. I was sitting next to Matt and trying to concentrate.

"The Notebook Lilah, really." Matt looked at me awkwardly.

"Well it's this or Silver Linings Playbook." She was already crying.

I felt bad for her and I felt bad for Matt and was not the least bit surprised when he announced he better leave at the end of the movie.

"Sorry Matt." Lilah said wiping her face with a tissue.

"It's fine, don't worry about it."

I walked him to the door "Sorry."

"It's fine Ana, really." he leant over and kissed my cheek again, a big old friendly cheek kiss. "I'll call you later"

"Sure." I watched him leave then went back and threw myself on the lounge.

"I've ruined your budding romance Ana." Lilah said.

"Romance Lilah, ha, I've worked it out, I'm his new best friend, his gal pal. He's not the slightest bit interested." She looked at me.

"The cheek kisses give it away." Now I was miserable "Put Silver Linings Playbook on."

We both sat there feeling miserable.