Chapter 51

We walked inside and I threw my purse on the side table.

"I'm going to bed." I told him.

"Ana wait." Matt said. "I wanted to talk."

I couldn't help myself, I burst into tears.

"I know what your going to say and I just can't deal with it now." I sobbed.

"You do?"

"Yes, I just need a few days, please, that's all I ask."

"But mom set everything up tonight."

What the fuck did his mother have to do with anything.

"You told your mother before me?" I cried.

He looked flustered, like he'd been caught out. "Well Ana I needed her help."

"Is she still here, is she going to pop up and cheer when the deed is done?" Oh I was a sobbing mess now.

"What, no. I mean she was out the back but I assume she's gone now." He said. "Ana why are you crying?"

Was he fucking serious?

"Out the back you say?" I started walking out there.

"She's gone Ana." He was following me.

I threw open the back door and stopped, looking around.

There were candles everywhere, even floating in the pool, all alight. And flowers, so many flowers.

"Are you going to have a party, is everyone coming by for a drink?" I cried.

"Ana why would anyone be coming by for a party?"

"Gee Matthew, I thought you might be hosting an 'I just dumped Ana' party, everyone come by, let's celebrate." I had completely lost control.

"Ana what the fuck are you talking about?"

I looked at him and screamed. I was hurt and humiliated.

"This." I sobbed. "This is too much. At least at one point you must have loved me, but maybe not."

I turned to head back inside, I was leaving now, I'd stay at a hotel, I wasn't going to stay here a minute longer.

"Jesus Ana, stop." He grabbed my arm.

"Let me go." I tried pulling my arm out of his grip.

"No." He pulled me closer to him. "Ana did you actually think I would do all this to break up with you?"

"Well why else would you do it?" I cried.

"Oh god." He groaned, pulling me into his arms, holding me tight. "Ana I fucking love you, I don't want to break up with you."

I sobbed in relief, thank god he loved.

He kissed the top of my head. "Ana I can't live without you."

"Well then what, what is this?"

He lifted my face and looked into my eyes.

"Silly Ana." He whispered.

Suddenly he pulled his arms away, reached into his pocket and dropped down onto one knee.

"Ana, I love you, your my world. From the moment I saw you tying your shoelace I knew you were the girl for me." He took a deep breath. "Ana, please marry me?"

Crap. Now I was crying harder.