Chapter 38

I got home from work and had a shower. I got something to eat and relaxed on the couch.

I wanted to get a good nights sleep tonight, Matt was coming home tomorrow and I couldn't wait. I'd missed him so much, I just wanted him back.

I waited for his nightly call and as usual it came at exactly 8.30pm as it did every night.

"Hey." I answered.

"Hey beautiful." I loved the sound of his voice. "I can't wait for tomorrow."

"Me neither Matt."

"Good, I've missed your face."

I smiled, I'd missed his face too. "What time is your flight getting in?"

"2.30. Are you coming to meet me?" He asked.

"Do you mind?"

"No babe, I would love it."

I was glad, I really couldn't wait another minute.

We finished talking and I hung up grinning from ear to ear, he was finally coming home.

I got into bed early and as I was drifting off my phone rang again. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID, oh god it was Jacob. I didn't answer I just let it go to voice mail.

I layed there for five minutes but I couldn't help it, I listened to his message.

"Good news Ana, I'm back in town, I'm on my way over, I thought you and I could have a little visit."

Jesus, I jumped up, I couldn't remember if I'd locked all the windows and doors.

I ran around quickly checking them, I didn't turn on any lights, I didn't want him to know I was home.

I sat in the dark feeling terrified, for the last week Jacob had left some terrible messages on my phone and at this point I was scared, I didn't want to tell Matt about it because I didn't want him to worry about or worse, confront Jacob.

I heard the downstairs door open and footsteps come up the stairs and approach my door.

"I know your in there Ana." He said knocking lightly. "Either we have this visit now or later, I don't mind when."

Jesus, he was crazy and I was absolutely terrified.

"I have nothing but time Ana, especially for you, so I'll wait until the perfect time, then we'll talk."

I heard him walk back down the stairs and leave.

What was I going to do? Confront him?

I'd have to talk to Matt about it, I'd feel safer once Matt was home.

What could he possibly want talk about? God I was so scared.

I sat on the couch for hours, I watched the sun come up and only then could I sleep.

Matt would be home today, everything will be okay.