Chapter 43

Matt's POV 

I hated leaving Ana alone, I knew she was terrified, and she had every right to be. Jacob had gone too far. I think he'd lost his mind, which terrified me because I worried about what he would do to Ana given the chance, and I really didn't know what he was capable of.

I rushed the meeting we had, getting it over and done with as quick as possible and as I walked back to my car I called Ana. It rang then went to voice mail.

Probably in the shower, I thought, starting the car.

I tried again, same thing, and I got a horrible feeling in my stomach.

I drove home, telling myself that she was doing something and didn't hear her phone, but when she didn't call me back I really started to worry and as I pulled up at the house I was trying not to panic.

I got out and let myself in. The alarm was off and I knew that was bad.

"Ana." I called out.

No answer.

I told myself to relax and headed out the back. The back door was open.

"Ana." I called again, stepping outside.

No answer.

I went back inside and headed upstairs, there was a wet towel laying in the middle of the bedroom floor.

I looked around, and oh fuck, her bag and phone were still here, but she most definitely wasn't.

I took a deep breath, trying not to panic and picked up her phone.

Missed calls from me and one from Marley.

I called Marley, maybe just maybe she knew something.

"Ana." She answered.

"No, it's Matt."

"Oh Matt, hey, how are you?" She asked.

"Yeah, look, I'm worried about Ana, I'm guessing you haven't heard from her?"

"No." She said quietly.

"What about Jacob?" I asked her.

"Oh Matt, no, you don't think?"

"Yeah, I do."

"He's crazy Matt, I quit the band a few days ago because he's just crazy, you need to call the police."

"I am."

"I'm coming over, I'll help, we'll find her okay."

She hung up.

I guessed it was time to call the police.

They were coming over but didn't seem to take my call seriously and that pissed me off.

Marley arrived before the police and what she said to me scared me, alot.

"Matt, he wants to hurt her, for hurting him."

I knew that, but hearing someone else say it only confirmed my fears.

"Where would he take her?" I asked her.

"I have a few ideas, let's see what the police say then I'll get Brian and we can check out a few places."

I nodded, I couldn't speak, I needed to find her.

The police, of course couldn't do anything, she could have left at her own free will.

Wighout her purse or phone, I didn't think so.

As soon as they left I looked at Marley. "Let's go."

I was going to find this prick and I was going to kill him myself.