Chapter 40

"So how long will you be?" Matt asked me as I pulled on a pair of jeans.

I'd been staying at Matt's for the last three days and I wanted to go to my place and pick up a few things.

I was secretly delighted that Matt had asked me to stay at his place, he didn't want me to go home.

"Not long, I'll just grab some stuff, then I'll be back." I told him.

"Well make sure your not." He pulled me into his arms.

"Yes sir." I whispered.

He kissed me, I wished he wouldn't, it made me want to rip his clothes off and spend the day in bed.

"I thought I might take you out tonight." He murmured, between kisses.

"That sounds nice." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He smiled at me. "You had better go or else I'm gonna do things to you."

"Maybe you can do them later." I stood on my toes and kissed him.

"Oh you can count on it baby."

I laughed and kissed him again. "I won't be long."

"Please don't be."

I smiled as I got in my car, driving to my place. How had I gotten so lucky, to have a boyfriend like Matt, actually just to have Matt as my boyfriend. I was a very lucky girl.

I pulled up at my place and headed up the stairs, letting myself in.

As soon as I walked in I could sense something wasn't right. I stood there looking around, but I couldn't put my finger on it, then I realised, things had been moved, only slightly, but moved.

I got goose bumps and quickly looked around. I went into the kitchen, everything had been smashed, everything.

I groaned and went into my bedroom and opened my wardrobe, all my clothes were ruined, my shoes and god, even my underwear.

I turned and looked at my bed, it too was ruined, cut open, slashed and there was a note sitting on it.

Ana,

I'm really sorry I missed you.

Don't worry I'll be back.

We have loads of catching up to do.

xxxx

It wasn't signed, it didn't have to be, I knew it was from Jacob.

I threw the note back on the bed, grabbdd my bag and got the hell out of there.

I only felt safe when I finally pulled into Matt's place.

I got out and went inside.

"Ana, what the hell is wrong?" Matt asked as soon as he saw me.

I couldn't answer him, I just shook my head.

"Baby, why are you crying?" He pulled me into his arms.

I buried my face in his chest and cried.

"Tell me Ana."

"It was Jacob." I sobbed.

"What? What was Jacob?"

I looked up at him and he kissed me softly.

I guess it was time I told Matt exactly what was going on.