Chapter 52

Matt's POV 

Ana was so stressed. I didn't blame her, after everything that had happened. She wasn't sleeping and what bothered me the most was the fact that she tried to hide it from me. I did the best I could, I held her, kissed her, loved her, but she wouldn't open up to me and I was afraid I was losing her.

I'd already decided she was the one for me, I wanted to marry her, I would just propose sooner than I intended.

I was a little put off when she begrudgingly agreed to go out for dinner, maybe it was a bad idea, maybe she'd say no.

I planned to ask her after we got home and mom was going to set everything up for me, so it was all romantic and shit, then I would take Ana out the back and pop the question.

That night when I saw her, dressed up and ready to go, I wanted to ask her then. She looked so beautiful, she had on heels, she hated heels, fuck she looked so good but she seemed on edge, snappy.

I was pissed that Jim and Lilah chose that night to fucking eat at the same place. I'd been hoping I could talk to Ana about what she was going through, tell her that I was here for her and that she could tell me anything, but that didn't happen because Jim and Lilah sat with us.

On the way home I kept going over the scenario in my head, what I was going to say, how I was going to say it and by the time we got home I felt sick.

Ana was acting strange, she threw her purse down then announced she was going bed. She was going to say no, I just knew it, the things she was saying didn't make any sense. Then when she told me she knew what was going on but couldn't cope I just died, she didn't want to marry me.

She was hysterical after storming outside, I wasn't sure why at first then she said something that made me realise, she actually thought I was breaking up with her.

Oh god, that was so far from the truth. I loved her with all my heart and I wanted to spend forever with her.

I got down on one knee and I did it, I proposed, now I was kneeling here watching Ana cry.

I waited, she wiped her face and looked at me.

"Get up." She sobbed.

"Not until you answer me."

"Oh Matt." She cried. "I can't believe you have to ask."

That was a good thing right?

"Of course I'll marry you." She cried.

Thank god.

I got out the ring and put it on her finger then pulled her into my arm's.

"I thought you didn't love me anymore." She sobbed, burying her face in my chest.

"I'll always love you Ana." I kissed the top of her head.

"Good."

I held her, I was going to spend the rest of my life with this girl and I couldn't be happier.