Chapter 25

I looked at him."Well?" I wished he'd get on with it, the quicker he was, the quicker I could get over him.

"Geez, I'm sorry Ana." He said, he sat in the couch, great, we were making ourselves comfortable.

"Sorry for what? You have nothing to be sorry for." Well, technically he didn't, I wasn't anything special to him, he owed me no explanation.

"For last night, for what happened, for Jim acting like a dick, and well, for me acting like a dick." Oh god, I really wish he wouldn't, I didn't want to hear him apologise.

I waved my hand. "It's fine, honestly, you weren't acting like a dick."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Yes I was, I acted like a dick by drinking when I knew you were coming around and I acted like a dick by not telling you about the tour and Jacob."

"Oh Matt, you didn't have to tell me anything, you honestly didn't do anything wrong."

"Ana, now your acting like a dick, I'm trying to apologise and explain myself and your acting like everythings fine."

I was shocked, but I was acting like a dick, it was self defence, I really didn't want to get anymore hurt than I already was.

"Well sorry." I didn't know what else to say.

"Can you at least let me explain?" He asked. "Because regardless of what you say, I do owe you an explanation."

"Fine, if you feel the need." Did I have to be so rude?

"Look, I was going to tell you about the tour, I honestly was, but I was a bit put off, you know, by you and Jacob."

I nodded, encouraging him to go on.

"I mean, you broke up with him because you were sick of living his life, but I'm no different really am I?"

They were nothing alike, not at all.

"So I was kind of scared to tell you because I didn't want you to pull away from me for the same reason."

"Matt, I'm really not sure what you mean, you and Jacob are nothing alike." I didn't know what else to say.

"God Ana, what I'm trying to say is, I kind of wanted you to come, for at least part of it anyway, but I didn't know how to ask without you thinking here you go again, living for another guy."

Oh, he wanted me to go with him. I was shocked, he actually wanted me to go with him. "I can't go with you Matt."

He nodded. "That's what I thought, I wish I'd met you at a different time Ana."

Huh? Oh he thought I didn't want to go, of course I wanted go. "No Matt, I can't go because of my job, not because I don't want to."

He looked at me and smiled "Really? I never thought about your job, and you would come?"

Hell yes I'd go, in a heartbeat. I nodded "I would."

He reached out and pulled me into his arms. "I really want you to come."

"Maybe I could, for a few days?" I hoped I could, I really did. "Although it would be awkward, with Jacob there."

"That was not my decision Ana, I swear, but I'm not going to lie, they are good, but he would just have to deal with the fact that you and I are together." He leant down and kissed my nose.

Together? Me and him? I couldn't believe it, I thought I wanted a break from a relationship, but the way I was feeling right now, I guessed not.

"I guess he will." I smiled at him and he kissed me.

And when he kissed me, I had no doubt in my mind that I was falling in love with him.