Eight.

Then he left Kathryn. Can he be more confusing? Kathryn fell asleep with her thoughts still bugging her.

HER POV

I was walking at the hallway of my school when I felt someone following me, I turned around only to see the geeky nerd that's been trying to court me.

He was holding a bouquet of flowers, red roses to be exact.

"For you" He shyly said.

"Thanks but Pat you really shouldn't"

But he just gave me a sad smile.

I woke up. Same old dream. When will it stop? I quickly grabbed my bathrobe and hope things will get better.

Will it?

I suddenly felt a pang of pain all over my body.

Kathryn you have to control it. You're almost there right?

HIS POV

I wasn't able to sleep, I was over thinking again. I was doing the right thing, right? I can't attach myself to that brat.

I have to control myself. I can do it. I'm almost there.

Authors POV

They both stayed inside the mansion all day in their respective rooms until Daniel remembered that he was supposed to go to visit his mom tomorrow.

Daniel then walked into Kathryn's room and unexpectedly knocked before entering.

Kathryn was too weak to even glance, prompting him to sit on the opposite side of the bed.

"I'm going to my mom's place tomorrow." he said.

What do I have to do with that? Kathryn thought.

Daniel might have noticed Kathryn's puzzled face.

"You'll be coming with me." He didn't ask, he didn't even make it sound pleasing, he commanded her to come with him.

Daniel will never be the guy that would sweep you off your feet, and gently cuddle you, he will always be the cold bastard, who doesn't take no for an answer.

Kathryn nodded as a response.

"You have to pretend that you're my girlfriend " Daniel said before leaving the room.

Girlfriend...

Girlfriend.....

Girlfriend.....

The words rang in Kathryn's head. It was driving her crazy. She didn't know what she was feeling.

Was it love?

Gosh it wasn't. This was just a "pretend" thing.

But why is she smiling like an idiot? Why was she hoping for something more?

"Hope will never lead you to something Kath, please just accept reality. It will never happen" Kath remembered her best friend Julia saying this.

She missed them, she misses her best friend.

They both stayed in their rooms that evening, the maids popping in once in a while to bring their dinner. Kathryn felt a little lost without feeling Daniel's touch the whole day.

She knew it was a crazy thought. But fuck, she didn't care.

Life was too short.

But in the corner of her mind, she was still trying to suppress the thought that she's already been falling for him, and one way or another, she's gotta admit this to herself, before it's too late.

At the other side of the house there was DJ on the phone

"Dude kamusta na?" It was Katsumi.

"Parang hindi ko na ata kaya." Daniel said.

"PUTANGINA NAMAN PARE. Umayos ka." Katsumi yelled, frustration evident in his voice.

"Alam ko pre. Alam ko" Daniel felt a lump on his throat. He knew he can't do this. But he had to. He promised.

The day ended and they both were still confused. Why were they?

Kathryn woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday, she scanned the room for a bit only to find a box beside her.

There was a note on it.

"Wear this. I'll see you downstairs."

Kathryn didn't have to ask what it was, she was learning to obey his rules without asking questions. She even got used to the "no panty rule."

Her dress was a white sun dress, for the first time this week she was wearing something nice and comfortable.

As soon as she hit the last step on the stairs, she felt blood rush to her cheeks with how Daniel reacted.

"Damn, you're stunning" he couldn't control his words. "I think we should just stay here so I can fuck you." he added, a little less politely.

He snaked his arms around her waist. Kathryn blushed even more but Daniel could only smirk at how she reacted.

"We have to start acting like a couple." Daniel reminded her. Kathryn was caught off guard when he inserted a finger inside her. "Finally you decided to be nice for once!" Daniel said as he withdrew his finger.

Kathryn whimpered, she knew she wanted more than just that. As he led her out the door, he held the door open for her, shocking Kathryn once more with how gentle he suddenly is.

What can she actually expect? This guy is the most indecisive guy ever.

While they were on the road, Kathryn couldn't hide her nerves.

Until Daniel touched her thighs. She never knew lust could block out the nerves, but it did.

"Don't worry she'll like you." Daniel comforted her. Kathryn wasn't so sure if she liked the thought. But she wasn't sure about lots of things.

When Daniel parked his car Kathryn knew she felt like she was going to vomit, her stomach churned.

"Don't worry already. You look lovely " he tried comforting her again.

For a moment, she forgot who she was talking to, she asked, "You really think so?" As she did, she wanted the earth to open up, and just swallow her already

"I fucking know so " Daniel said, reassuring her.

"Anak!" They both faced the mother of Daniel.

"Ma eto si--"

"Kathryn Bernardo. Antagal kitang hindi nakita ah " Daniel's mom said.

"Tita Karla I missed you." Kathryn couldn't control her tears. It's been way too long since she's met someone who she hasn't seen for a long time.

Daniel was confused with what was going on. But then she hugged her.

Then whispered, "Lahat sila nagaalala na sayo. "