Thirty

(The night before the surprise)

His POV

I heard her snore, staring at her. Damn she's perfect.

I touched the corner of her cheeks. I couldn't make you look like a fool baby brat. I would do everything just to make you happy. I kissed her forehead and dialed on my phone.

"SHIT, PADILLA. IT'S FUCKING 3 AM WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" Seth shouted from the other line.

"Shut up, Gothico. I need a favor.. I- I'm going to pro- propose to her." I whispered.

"Shit man. You need her parents approval. Fuck you. Go to the hospital nandoon yung mom niya. I'll call the others." Seth was scrambling.

"Thanks dude." Then I hung up.

-****

I walked towards Mr.Ted's room and knocked three times before receiving an answer.

The door slowly opened and I wasn't surprised to see the shock on Mrs. Bernardo's face.

"Can I come in?" I asked. She just nodded while I stepped inside.

"I'm going to marry your daughter." She almost shouted when she heard me. I can say because she bit her lower lip.

As corny and cliché as it sounded, the moment I let those words out, Mr. Ted's fingers moved.

"Oh shit." I mumbled under my breath. This is going to be harder than I thought.

-****

The doctor came in, and checked on him. He still needed some rest but shockingly he was fine.

Except for one tiny problem. He lost his memory. I can see the sadness in Kathryn's mom's eyes as she tried to explain to him who she is, was..

He wasn't interested and I was getting pissed.

"Damn it Ted. You're the father of my soon to be wife, and she's your wife. Get your shit straight cause I need your fucking blessing." I sounded a little harsher than expected but I was just being real.

"Daniel.. I don't know what to say." Mrs. Bernardo's tears began to fall.

I know that this was an inopportune moment to ask for their blessing but I really, badly wanted this.

"I'm impressed. Hindi ko man kayo kilala pero ang paninindigan ng batang to ay magaling." Mr. Ted said.

"Thank you. Uhm I really love your daughter Mrs. Bernardo at alam kong hindi pa naman ganun katagal ang samahan namin pero hindi naman yun sa amount of time or sa amount of dates. It's the amount of happiness you feel towards the other person you want to spend the rest of your life with. I know this sounds so fucking cheesy right now and I don't know how to control my bad words but all I know is I love her and I'm willing to face every problem with her. So Mrs. Bernardo, Mr. Ted may I marry your daughter?" I boldly asked.

"Y-you have my blessing, son. Wala na akong magagawa tatay ka ng magiging apo ko eh." Mrs.Bernardo joked, finally smiling.

"If my opinion is still needed I will have to say that you also have my blessing." Mr. Ted added.

I told them the details of my proposal and they were a bit shocked at how quick I was moving.

5 a.m. Shit.

I drive through restaurants, beaches, and I was slowly losing my fucking hope until I found this beautiful garden. It was perfect for a queen like my baby. I was greeted by the manager of the garden like restaurant.

"How may I help you sir? We are still closed at the moment, however." The lady infront of me asked.

"I'm going to rent this place for the whole day, how much?" I eagerly said.

"But sir." I cut her off.

"I'm willing to double any reservation. I'm willing to give any amount just give me a fucking price." I was getting impatient, and I still have so many things to do.

I know it sounds crazy that I was rushing stuff, but true love doesn't have to wait. It needs to have efforts.

-*****

6:30 a.m.

I finally got to the place at the amount of who knows and I was on the way to the flower shop but I drove through a fast food place for a bit to grab breakfast.

"Dude I've talked to almost everyone, goodnews I even contacted her old friends. Text me the place we'll be there." Seth never fails me.

-*****

I finished everything. At around 9am and I know anytime now she'll be up.

At around 10:30 the driver texted me that Kathryn was already on her way and I was still wearing a white shirt and board shorts.

The family of Kathryn was already arriving.

Mr. Ted was on his wheelchair. I was getting nervous but I didn't have time to talk to them.

Seth, Katsumi, Lester, Julia, Janella arrived together and they were all teasing me, I was already sweaty.

I asked them to make the banner, though they did even laughed the words I asked them to write. Didn't care though.

Jane and some other girls arrived. They were all familiar but I didn't have time to process all of who's arriving, the car already stopped infront of the gate.

I signalled the boys to get ready, we all planned to play a song.

(Play the song)

Lester agreed that he would play the drums since our drummer was an American in New York.

We started the song as we saw her walking. I started singing.

She was walking towards us. I can see the happy tears falling off her cheeks.

Her amusement when she saw her family was beautiful.

She then caught my eyes. We were both staring at each other she giggled as I sang my lines.

Her laugh.

Her smile.

Her tears.

Her.

I gave Katsumi the microphone and he continued singing. As I walked down the mini stage we prepared.

She was also walking towards me. As much as I hate to say this but it was fucking romantic.

"Hi.." She choked.

I then kneld down infront of her. I heard lots of gasps.

As if they all didn't know what was about to happen.

I gently held her hand.

"You're everything..." I sang.

"I've been in the shadow for too long until I met you. You've changed my life in a way I never expected. I never assumed that a crazy thing I planned would be my life.

Kathryn Chandria Bernardo... My happiness. Shit that sounds corny." They all laughed as I continued, "Shush, don't interrupt me. I love you. I won't make this any longer. I know that this is real. I don't know how to explain it but that's the reason why love is crazy because its unexplainable. Will you be my wife and spend your every breath with me?" I finally said.

I heard her sob. I slowly wiped her tears away as she whispered, "Yes. Until my last breath, baby boy."