Fifteen

(Play the song on the multimedia)

(Slowly read each sentence.)

She quickly got up and grabbed her clothes. She was crying her eyes out but there were no sounds coming out.

I can see how confused she is, but she didn't even look at me. She was just crying as she put her clothes on.

I was still in shocked, I could barely move.

I wanted to explain but what would I say? I want to stop her to comfort her but she doesn't deserve it either.

I am crushed myself.

Yes, I called Katsumi when we were in the peak of our argument.

He heard everything.

Should I feel guilty? Why should I? This was my plan right? To ruin her? To hurt her? To make her pay?

Right after she got dressed, she stormed out of my room.

A single tear escaped my eye. A tear I quickly wiped off.

HER POV

What did I do to deserve this kind of pain?

I didn't say that I wanted him to make me feel important. I was alright with being used, but I did not ask to be toyed with like this.

Why did he have to make me believe that he loved me?

Was he that sinister to play with a dying girl's heart?

Do I have to die two times? I feel like I already died with what he did..

None of you, no one would understand if any of you were in my position.

Not unless you were played with before.

Just when I thought I can love again, the universe conspired to show me that this is a ploy.

I grabbed my phone from the room I've been staying in for two weeks and stormed out.

I didn't need a reason to stay anymore.

Who am I even? Just the idiot who thought that he had sincerely fallen for me too.

I was just one of his girls, one of the girls who fell for the person that wouldn't even catch me.

Just another idiot who thinks she deserves an explanation, but I know I don't, no matter how hard I want him to explain cause it might be worth it.

Destiny, please stop fucking with me, Daniel's played with me too much.

I am fucking numb.

Was it too much to ask to be happy even just for a bit?

I can't take it anymore.

I was about to cross the street when everything went black.

(stop playing the song here)

Authors POV

Daniel went outside to grab a drink, immediately calling Mr. Ted. He waited for a few minutes before Ted arrived.

"Anong balita?" Mr.Ted said while giving Daniel a high five.

"Nagawa ko na. Nasaktan ko na siya" Daniel said through gritted teeth.

"Good job. Dahil diyan, ililibre kita ng alak! Mahaba habang inuman!" Mr.Ted boasts.

*****

Love? Not for cowards. Love is only true when you experience pain, and joy.

Kathryn slowly opened her eyes only to see that she was in the worst part of the world in her perspective, in a hospital.

She rushed to stand up, but someone stopped her.

"Kailangan mo ng pahinga." It was the last person she expected.

Lester.

Kathryn could only nod.

"Kamusta pakiramdam mo?" Lester scooted his chair closer to her bed.

"Anong nangyari?" Kathryn ignored the question and threw out one of her own.

"Nahimatay ka sa tapat ng bahay ni Daniel, nakita ka ni manang sa bahay nila Daniel nung nagtapon siya ng basura kaya agad niyang tinawagan si Kelly. Ang kaso wala si Kelly sa Manila kaya ako nalang ang tinext niya." Lester explained.

"Ahh." She said, half heartedly.

"Makakalabas ka na daw mamaya." Lester exclaimed, a little excited.

"Ahh." Kathryn said once more.

"Ngiti ka naman please!!" Lester insisted while she gave out a half assed smile.

"Yan lang ba mabibigay mo sa isang machong gwapo na tulad ko?" Lester chided which made Kathryn smile a little wider.

"Ayun ngumiti din ang prinsesa! Yehey!!" He said childishly.

"Ang kulit mo. Haha" She said, trying to hold back her laughter.

"Yun! Nagsalita rin! FINALLY!!" Lester said which caused her to laugh even more.

She felt a little better, all thanks to Lester.

They ate together, they got to know each other even more. Until a doctor entered the room, and said that she could be discharged.

"Hatid na kita sainyo." Lester offered.

"Ilayo mo muna ako sa katotohanan please." Kathryn begged him. And he knew exactly what that meant.

It was almost at the break of dawn as Lester drove the both of them around in his car. They reached Tagaytay, where his family owned half the businesses. He caressed Kathryn's cheek to wake her up.

"Sorry to wake you up but we're here" Lester softly said.

"Thank you." Kathryn cleared her throat, it was bone dry.

Lester helped her out of the car and into his home

She took a deep breath before saying, "Can I borrow your ear for awhile?" Kathryn sounded so weak as she asked.

"You don't have to ask. Ikaw pa ba prinsesa?" He answered.

"Ang sakit sakit, Lester. Alam ko namang sub lang ako pero bakit kasi kailangan nyang gawin to." Kathryn said to start off. Lester moved closer so he can rub Kathryn's back. "Ayoko na Lester. Hindi ko na alam kung anong gagawin ko. Walang araw na hindi ako naguguluhan sakanya eh." Kathryn said as she cried.

She wiped her tears off and continued, "Andami ko ng nasayang na luha sakanya. Grabe no?" Kathryn forced herself to smile. "Lester, deserve ko ba to?" She turned to him as she asked.

Before Lester could answer, the phone rang.

Daniel Padilla calling....

-------------------------------------------------------