Thirty Three

His POV

Did I just hear her right?

She's...

She's d.... I can't even say it.

Fuck.

Please punch me and tell me this is a dream.

I'm feeling so fucking weak and I can't even do anything.

She can't be serious right?

Please no.

"You're... You...re..." My voice is shaking, my body is feeling weak and my heart is pounding like crazy.

"I'm dying... I have cancer." She said bravely.

"Bawiin mo yan Kath. Please... Don't fucking say that. Please Kath please." I couldn't care any less if I sounded like a desperate man, I can't accept this.

I just can't.

"Matagal na Daniel. Matagal ko ng alam na may cancer ako." She wiped her tears off as she continued saying, "Yes, that's the reason why I joined the BDSM world, to explore the world that never existed in mine. To escape reality. Because I myself can't accept it.” She finally stopped crying. But she was cold, emotionless.

"H-how did that happen?" I asked, trying to be brave myself.

"Some things are just meant to happen and we can't do anything about it." She again wiped the single tear she had.

"Kath, lalaban tayo. Lahat ng ospital pupuntahan natin, kahit maubusan pa ako ng pera.. mabuhay ka lang." I pleaded as my voice cracked.

"Sa tingin mo hindi pa namin nagawa yan? Daniel, wala na. It's the end. This child made it worse. Ovarian cancer stage 4. This is going to be my death. We're going to have--" She broke down, her wall caved in.

"Daniel, gusto ko pa siyang makitang lumaki, gusto kong makita siyang maging teenager, gusto ko pa siya ispoil, gusto ko pa siya makita mainlove. Daniel ang sakit. Ang sakit sakit na ilang beses kong hinanda ang sarili ko sa mangyayaring ito pero ikaw at ang batang ito lang pala sisira." She was already sitting on the floor, crying.. I wanted to comfort her but I knew she wasn't done speaking, "5 years lang akong nabuhay sa mundong ito sa memory ko at sa 5 years na yun handa na ako eh. Handa na ako pero dumating kayo." She was crying again, but she tried hard to hide it all by wiping them off.

"Kath you...you can't die... What would I do without you?" I asked, choking on my own spit as I cried.

"Live, Daniel. Live your life. It's what I wanted all my life, to have a life. Kaya wag mong sasayangin yan. Please. For me?" I nodded and patted the space beside me.

"Come here baby.." Then she walked over to me. I held her tight as she sat beside me.

"If we can't reach forever. Let's make our own forever.”

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes until we both fell asleep.

The next day I woke up earlier than her, and I watched her sleep. I noticed how she smiles once in awhile; I noticed how her cute little nose moves when I touch her face; I notice how her forehead crumpled when she gets cold.

I notice every little thing that makes her beautiful.

I suddenly felt a tear well at the corner of my eye. She's too perfect to experience pain.

How can I not notice it?

How can I not notice that when I'm giving her so much pain, she's already experiencing hell? Why did I waste so much time?

Lord, do you really need so many angels that you have to take mine? Can you atleast make an exception? She's the only thing that made my life better. How can you take her?

I noticed that I was already crying. My eyes were bloodshot from it already.

I had to cry it out now before she wakes up, I have to be strong for the both of us when she does. I have to be brave infront of her, I can't let her see me sad, or weak.

2 hours later the nurse told me that I was discharged already.I woke up Kathryn who was very shy to know that I woke up first.

I chuckled at her shyness. It was too adorable, I'll miss that.

Before going home we both decided to go to a place I haven't visited in what feels like forever.

Church.

AUTHOR'S POV

They both walked into the church and found a place near the altar to kneel. Daniel was sitting on the left corner while Kath was at his right.

He grabbed Kathryn's left hand, with his right and prayed.

They both did the sign of the cross with their free hands and gently closed their eyes.

"Lord, hi. Sorry kung natagalan bago ako makabalik 2 months na ata since last ako nagsimba. I won't ask for much na lord. Kasi binigyan nyo na nga ako ng anak at ng isang Daniel kaya abuso na pag humingi pa ako diba. Pero lord last na po paki alagaan sila." Kathryn prayed.

"Tol, hey. Its been awhile since I last went here and I'm sorry for it. Maybe because you made me believe that you don't exist. Paano ba naman kinuha mo ang kapatid ko? But still I'm sorry maybe you're mad at me for what I did kaya mo ginagawa to. Don't worry I'm not mad, I'm hurt. You've done this so many times already. Remember nung nawala si Papa? How many times do I have to be left alone for you to stop killing the most important people in my life?" Daniel prayed.

"Alam ko naman hindi na ako magtatagal siguro nga pag labas ng anak ko hindi ko na siya mahahawakan eh. Pero lord please guide them. Please? Ang hirap po. Sobra. Andami ko pang gusto mangyari pero wala eh. Eto na ang realidad eh" Kathryn continued praying, "I told you a hundred times already why can't it be me? Bakit sila pa? Fuck it hurts. So damn much. I can't even explain it. Lord please let me experience happiness. Please?"

They both prayed their Hail Mary's and quietly left the church.

Before entering the car Kathryn asked Daniel one shocking question, "Will you help me find Pat?"