Twenty Six

Her POV

"Y-you a-are wh-what?" Daniel said, his voice shaking.

Everyone froze at the moment. It suddenly became quiet. My tears started to fall.... They were endlessly falling.

"I-I'm s-so sorry.." I whispered as I lost my strength.

Daniel walked over to me, helping me sit on the hallway's bench.

"How did it happen? Shit!" Daniel cursed.

"I was just.. I'm sorry." I covered my face with both hands. I felt Daniel stand up, I stopped him, and gave him a letter. He stared at me but I looked away, he just walked away.

I started to cry again. When will I be brave enough to face the problems without shedding some tears?

I felt a hand touch my shoulder, and saw that it was Seth, he said, "I don't know what to say, Kath. But I know that Daniel loves you. He will understand." Then he sat beside me.

"I didn't want this to happen. I didn't want this. Oh gosh." I started to blubber.

"Shh. Don't cry. Nagulat lang yun, Kath. I may not like you for him but that baby would be a blessing to all of us." He tried to comforr me.

"Alam mo, Kath, ngayon ko nalang ulit nakitang masaya yan si Daniel. Kaya nga kahit kagaguhan na to sinusuportahan ko siya eh." I heard him sniff.

Is he crying?

"I once told him that someday you would have to do the wrong thing just to make yourself happy and others would disagree with your decision but its all worth it.He turned to me before continuing, “Because in life, happiness is a rare thing. So everyone would grab the slightest chance just to experience it." I heard a heavy breath from him after every other word.

Someone off my perspective sighed before saying, "Ang hirap lang sa buhay sa sobrang gusto natin maging masaya nakakalimutan na natin may mga taong nasa paligid natin na naaapektuhan." I knew it was Katsumi.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

His POV

She's pregnant.

I'm going to be a father. I'm going to have a fucking responsibility.

Shit. Shit..shiiiiiit!

I was sitting on the stairs outside the hospital as I stared at the letter Kath gave. Should I read it?

Dearest baby boy.

Remember the day you asked me if I was taking birth control? I'm not. I never took one. I can't.
I wanted so bad to prevent this from happening but it happened. Antagal ko ng alam baby, I was just too scared to face the truth. I knew that once you find this out you would leave. So I tried my very best to be what you want me to be. I tried my best to follow everything you want. Everything isn't enough right? Or maybe I was just too hysterical that I'm imagining stuffs.

I want this baby to live, I want this baby so bad..

We would face a lot of consequences. I would face a lot of pain, and I have to be honest it's a hard decision baby. But this is going to be ours. This is our baby. It's our mistake. It's our love. It's everything.

If you ever decide to leave me please know that this baby deserves to have someone in life. Baby, I'm going to be honest. I'm not well. Baby we need to talk about this.

But I know that leaving me is the easiest thing to do.

Escaping is the most coward decision in a person's life but we all take it. Why? Well maybe because reality kills the happiness we all desire. Maybe because escaping will make everything better, not right but better.

Baby I will be waiting. We will be waiting.

Loving you always and forever,

Your baby brat, the mother of you child.

I started to wipe the tears on my cheeks,e as I walked back inside.

I can't leave her. I can't even smile without her by my side. I have to fight for her.

I have to accept reality. I have to accept that I am going to be a father.

I saw Katsumi and Seth beside my baby, my babies.

I smiled at the thought. I would have two responsiilities.

Life isn't so bad, and maybe if I were lucky I would have another girl.

"Don't even touch her skin assholes." I warned the two guys who were about to hug my girl.

"Andiyan ka na pala, 'tol eh!" Katsumi yelled, almost cheerfully.

But I just stared at my girl who was giving me a smile while in tears.

I inched closer to her.

"When will I make you smile and not cry?" I asked as I hugged her.

She began to cry again.

"Shh, I'm sorry for over reacting. Don't cry baby. You really are a brat.. You didn't even follow me." I embraced her tightly.

"Can I touch our baby?" I asked as we both let go of each other.

She nodded.

I slowly caressed her tummy, and felt like I was holding the most precious gift.

A tear welled out of my eye as I felt happiness I never felt before.

I have two wonderful, amazing people. What did I do to deserve this?

"I'm going to be a father." I said under my breath.