Seventeen.

"Oo, si Kathryn,,, Kathryn Chandria.." then he blacked out. Shit.

Why did he have to blackout now?

Chandria? I don't remember hearing her say that. What was her full name again?

Kathryn? Kathryn B.? Kathryn Bernardo! That's it.

She isn't Mr. Ted's daughter, right? Right?

Fuck you, destiny. Let's stop fucking with each other alright.

I drank my last bottle then helped the old man beside me. I drove him home back to his place as a courtesy.

I pressed on the ringer, and waited.

I almost jumped when he suddenly moved.

"Shit naman, Mr. Ted!" I said while I was trying to stay still while I made him cling on me.

I'm feeling a little tipsy myself. When I opened the door, I saw a woman, worry painted on her face..

It was mom.

"Daniel, bakit kasama mo tatay ni Kathryn?" Shit just got real.

I set Mr.Ted down before I could do anything else and immediately called her. Kathryn.

HER POV

We ate our breakfast in silence while I managed to see how Lester stole glances at me. I tried my best to hide my flushed cheeks every single time, but I know I failed when I heard him chuckle.

After eating, we even play fighted each other on who was supposed to do the dishes.

He even said, "I always get what I want, prinsesa." Which sent me shivers.

My phone rang, and Lester stopped washing the dishes to be by my side.

I checked the caller I.D., and it was an unknown number. I ignored the first few calls, but it didn't stop. It never stopped.

I was shaking. It can't be them, right?

As the saying goes, you can't run away forever.

I answered it.

Not knowing who it was so I decided not to greet him/her.

"Kathryn...." I heard a very familiar voice.

"M-mom?" My throat dried up and tears started to fall.

AUTHOR'S POV

FLASHBACK

Daniel, Katsumi, and Sedric quickly grabbed a cab from the airport.

They were all feeling tense.

They were feeling lost.

They were feeling angry.

They were feeling sad.

They heard the news.

It ruined them.

It can't be true.

Daniel was doing his best in New York, but he gave it all up just to be back here. They were already releasing their first album. They were finally reaching their dreams.

But Tita Karla delivered a short but meaningful message for all of them, making them all grab the first flight back home.

"Wala na siya..."

~MYSTERIOUS POV~

He did this. She did this.

They both have to suffer and I know exactly what I should do to them.

They. Will. Pay.

I will NEVER, forgive them. They will never escape what they did to me.

Those fuckers.

"Hahahahaha."

"Shut up asshole you'll wake her up."

I glared at her.

AUTHOR'S POV

Mr. Ted woke up, not realizing he was already home.

"Pa.." His wife cooed at him.

"Sorry ma.. Hindi ko na kasi kaya eh. Kinailangan ko lang ilabas. Miss na miss ko na siya." He looked so tough but tears were running down his cheeks.

"Nakausap ko siya." Min said cheerfully, despite being weak.

"Paano?" Hope crept up on him, hope that he would be with his child again.

"Kasama pala siya ng anak ni Karla." Min's voice even became more cheerful.

"Anak, sinong anak?" He suddenly felt otherwordly nerves.

"Oo, anak. Ano nga bang pangalan nun? Danny? Danilo? Dante? Ahh Daniel! Daniel Padilla!" Min said to her husband.

"Shit shit shit shit!" His tears continued to fall from his eyes as he repeatedly cussed.

Min could only stare at her husband, confused at his sudden reaction.

She thought he would be happier, she was clearly wrong.

"Nasan daw siya?" Ted asked, shaken.

"Nasa Tagaytay daw kasama ng isang kaibigan ni Daniel, si Lester."