Nineteen

AUTHOR'S POV

Daniel rushed to dial the emergency hotline while clinging onto Kathryn's little fingers. As soon as he got off the phone, he spoke to her while she was unconscious saying, "Sorry if I let my chance go." He continued, "Magising ka lang magbabago talaga ako. Promise baby, promise."

When the ambulance came, Daniel rode with it while still a nervous wreck, his cheeks had tear stains, his hair is a mess, he felt tired but he mustered all his strength left. He couldn't think of anything else but the bad decisions he's made before this happened.

He made a choice. He did something that he turned his back to.

He slowly made a sign of the Cross.

"Hello are you there? Ofcourse malamang kahit naman iniisip ko lang to naririnig mo siguro ako noh? bro stop please? Not her. She doesn't deserve this. I won't survive this. Not again. Please. Lord I'm sorry if I lost my fucking faith but please forgive me. Please let her live, please. Lord she's my life line. The moment I saw her at the bar all the angry cells rise pero sya rin ang nagbuhay sakin. I know sobrang depress ko parin pero natuto na ulit akong tumawa. Lord just let her be my happiness. Please don't make her leave. Please don't. Madami ka nanamang angels jan eh paubaya mo na muna siya sakin please. I can't handle another death. Please po. Parang awa nyo na po. Pangako hindi ko na po siya sasaktan. Pangako magbabago na po ako. Babalik na po ako sa pagsisimba. Please don't show me that I am late again. Please po. Mahal na mahal ko po siya." He failed to think straight, covering his face with his hands while he continued to bawl until they reached the hospital.

Kathryn was transferred to a gurney, wheeled to the E.R. Daniel wasn't allowed entrance.

He stood up, sat down, paced in the lobby back and forth while waiting for any news about her.

Until a doctor went out to the lobby.

He met the doctor, almost falling to his knees.

"Please tell me she's okay. Please tell me humihinga pa siya. Please just tell me the good news." Daniel was begging like a child but he didn't care. For the first time in his whole life he wanted to fight for something.

"Stand up, iho. Wag ka magalala kung ang gusto mong malaman ay kung buhay pa siya ay oo buhay pa siya." The doctor said, lighting up his face despite his tears.

"Minor accident lang ang nangyari. Nahimatay lang siya dahil sa pagod at pag tama ng ulo nya sa matigas na bagay pero all in all maliliit na sugat lang ang meron siya." The doctor continued.

"Pero iho mahina ang katawan nya sana hindi muna sya mapagod at mastress ha. Kailangan nyang magpahinga okay?" Daniel nodded as an answer.

"Pwede na siya lumabas mamaya Mr. 'Wag ka na masyadong mag worry kay misis ha?" The doctor patted Daniel on the shoulder.

Misis. Mr. Misis. Mr., the words rang in his ears, until a punch woke him up from his delusion.

"What the hell?" Lester said, furious before him.

"Putangina mo, dahil sa kabobohan mo nadisgrasya si Kathryn." Lester drew back a fist, but Seth came running towards them, stopping him.

"Don't act like a hero, Lester. We all know the truth." Daniel said, before he was allowed entrance to Kathryn's room.

HER POV

I gently opened my eyes and felt my head ache.

My eyes tried hard to focus, before realizing I'm in a hospital.

I tried to remember what happened. And it hit me, we were in an accident.

Is he okay? Is he hurt?

Shit.

I tried to move out of my bed, as I looked around to catch my bearings, I saw the person that made me remember.

Daniel. He looks tired.

"May masakit ba? May kailangan ka ba?" He asked, worried.

Here he goes again.

Giving me mixed signals.

Maybe he's just worried that his sex toy is hurt and can't be fucked just yet.

Probably.

I shook my head as an answer.
I can't smile and hide the pain. I've been too strong for so long. I told myself.

"God, I'm glad you're okay." He let out a heavy sigh after speaking.

"I'm glad you are too." I softly whispered. He smiled as he did so.

From that moment I was afraid that I've told him my feelings because I can feel myself falling harder.

Until the door swung open.

"A-anak.." Mom came in, her voice cracking with her tears threatening to fall.

"Ma.." I was beginning to feel emotional when Daniel grabbed my hands and squeezed it to comfort me.

Mom rushed to me, hugged me. Daniel, moved away.

"I got so worried. I thought I lost you." She was weeping, making me cry.

"You will never lose me mom. I'm your daughter. I will always be a part of you." I whispered as I hugged my mother.

We broke the hug and wiped our eyes as mom said, "Uuwi ka samin."

"Ma'am, that's not right." Boldly, Daniel objected.

"Hindi ka mabuti para sakanya!" Mom, yelled at him.

"I was never enough in anyone's eyes anyway. But I won't let you get her." The gall of him to answer. My mom was about to shout when I held her hand.

"I'm going back home, with Daniel, ma." I said, as I held her hand.

"Pero ayaw yan ng tatay mo." Tears started to fall from my mother's eyes again.

"Nasaan siya?" Daniel asked, a little shaky with his words.

"Nasa room 205 inatake siya kagabi." An audible gasped from Daniel and I as we heard the news

MYSTERIOUS POV

I was wearing a fake doctor outfit as I entered room 205.

I quickly scanned the hall way before opening the door.

I saw the man that knew a little too much.

I took the syringe out of my pocket, and slowly inserted it into his IV drop.

"Masyado ka ng maraming alam, Ted. Hindi mo pwedeng sirain ang mga plano." Then I saw his heart beat go slower.

Bingo!

My phone rang. It was Katsumi.

"Where the hell are you?!"

"I just went to the bathroom dude. Chill."