Chapter 32- Trust In Me

Chase saw Riley up ahead, with a motionless Kendall lying in his arms. His eyes widened as he noticed she was bleeding. A nasty wound seemed to have been cut through her midsection and part of her throat had been ripped away, letting the red liquid spill down her body.

"Kendall!" he cried, rushing over to the Green Ranger. "Riley... where was she?"

"In the alley where she was killed before. She didn't notice the stray cats there and they attacked her. That's basically what she told me."

The Black Ranger took in a deep breath. It was too much. It hurt too much to see her go through this. So many things had happened lately, but they weren't good, always ending with Kendall getting hurt. He gently placed a hand on her neck and she instantly woke up, pain rushing through her like never before.

"Get away from me!" she cried.

"No way in hell is that happening."

"But-"

"Kendall, do you seriously want to kill yourself?" Chase murmured as he took her from his friend.

"At this point, I do."

"Why? You- you've always been so strong..."

"Which is why I can't stand to be like this. I- I just wish everything was like how it was before. I love being a Power Ranger, but I can't help wondering where I would be now if I hadn't become one."

"You'd be watching someone like Shelby or me go through this."

"Good point; I'd rather take the pain for my friends." She shook her head slowly and interrupted him as he tried to speak again. "Chase, stop. You know you can't save me."

"I can though!"

"No you can't. Not this time. Later, I can come back once more and show you what you can do though."

"Wait, what?"

"Heckyl can-"

"He can't do anything for you if you die." He lay her on the ground as he turned to Riley. "Find Heckyl. You know what he can do and Kendall's life depends entirely on him now."

"Got it." Riley dashed off, morphing in the process, and Chase immediately returned to his girlfriend's side. She stared up at him, a touch of desperation in her gaze.

Then a blue light flashed through the air, entwining itself around Kendall's body, and Chase instantly knew it was Heckyl's work when he saw her torn skin began to knit over her new wounds. He looked up, seeing him right next to her, his hands reaching toward them and the blue light still streaming out of them. At last, everything seemed to be okay, except for the bloodstains still laying on the ground. Kendall had closed her eyes, looking deathly pale now, and Heckyl slowly edged toward her.

"Is she okay?" he asked quietly.

"Now she is, thanks to you."

"I have a feeling that she's not thinking straight right now."

"No kidding, do you think?"

Kendall began to blink at them slowly. "I can hear you, you know."

"Sorry, Kendall," Chase apologized.

"No need to say sorry, but can you please help me up?"

"Okay, now I do need to say sorry." The Black Ranger stretched out his hand to help Kendall up and she took it.

"How?" she whispered when she stood beside him. "How am I not dead yet?"

"But you did... and you were resurrected."