1• Finally

Emerald's POV

It's been about a month and a half since Deontay had his major freak out. About a week after he "put me out" someone must have talked some sense into him because the calls and text started rolling in. As many pop ups that he preformed after Ice's funeral I still ignored his ass. All the promises of free this and that haven't phased me especially since I'm staying with Sloane. It's been a hard few weeks but he has been a gentleman. Plus, he and Deontay started working together so he was barely in the house and when we was he slept down stairs. I got used to sleeping in his California king bed that he and Lucky once shared but it was getting old. Most nights I found myself wanting to stop playing and tell him I was ready but the words never escaped my lips. Simply because I didn't know what I was ready for.

"Ready to go?" Kai came around the corner brushing out her curls. We went from cracking jokes at the nursing station to actually being friends or close to it at least. I shook my head a grabbed my clutch. We were both in need of a mani pedi day with all the craziness at work and in our personal lives. I opted to drive since Kai drove like a bat out of hell.

"Soooooo spill the beans." Kai emphasizes her words as she literally jumped in the truck. The Range Rover was my baby and I'll be damned if he took that from me. It was one of the first large gifts that Tay gave me.

"I didn't do it." I sighed as I put the truck in drive.

"I walked down stairs when he got in and we just ate ice cream and watched a Disney movie." I slid my hands down my face. I chickened out of my plan to get nasty with Sloane for the fifth time. As much as I enjoyed our little sleep over I wish I could have been a bit more vocal.

"What's holding you back?"

"Nothing honestly. It's just that he isn't the same. He literally went from "have my baby" to "hello and goodbye." Which was the most confusing part. I know that he never expected me to be living with him but he is the only person that would let me in with open arms. He did just that.

"I came downstairs in a tank top and panties and literally sat on his lap. Girl he was hard as a rock and still didn't thrash my shit." I laughed as I turned a corner.

"Maybe he wants to have a real conversation. You'll have to sit and talk about it. Let's be honest you can't go from blowing him off to bustin it down because your in need of some dick.You know?" She was right but I was entirely sick of having these types of conversations.

"The last time I had that kind of conversation I ended up back with Tay and really hurting someone's feelings." I circled the block looking for a parking spot.

"That May be his problem. He doesn't know if he is a place holder while you get your shit together. He may think having you in his home is simply too good to be true." That explanation makes the most since.

"You know the girl you were talking to me about has been cozying up with one of my home girls so she is fine." Kai assured me. She pointed out a parking spot right in front of the nail shop.

"I don't want to be his girl per say... nor do I want him talking to other people but I don't wanna be just fuck buddies." I slammed my hands down on my lap as I put the car in park. Kai shook he head.

"Do you want to be with Tay?" I rolled my eyes and I got out of the truck. Kai met me on the other side.

"That's the obvious question." She threw her hands in the air as I walked in to the shop. The ladies in the shop whisked us away to the back to start our pedicures.

"I don't know." Looking all the colors I realized that I genuinely don't know if I missed him or not.

"Well I didn't invite him to your birthday dinner tonight but there is always a possibility he could pop up." She starting laughing like she was a queen of comedy.

" I barely invited myself to this dinner." I mumbled before we put in our color request.

"Listen you're 23 it's a big day and your coming." She said as if she was my mom. When my phone buzzed I was glad to see that it was Sloane.

Sloaney😛: Even though you told me not to I got you something for your birthday. Don't go buy anything to wear tonight.

Kai snatched my phone out my had reading the message. My smile was an obvious give away.

"See now you have to go. I'll do your hair and your make up and it will be fun." She did a little dance in her seat. The pedicure was immaculate. Since I'm not chasing Tay around the city I have actually been able to work and save for my own place.

Standing on my feet all day was beginning to take a toll. After our mini pampering session I dropped Kai off to head to Sloane's to pick up the outfit he says he has.

We only have a few hours before this magical party that Kai planned. I jogged up the steps and in to the house to see that he was clearly in the middle of something. I could tell she was a random by how rough he was. He was just trying to bust a nut.

"Shit." I watched him slam the random girl  on his manhood for about a minute before slamming the door scaring them both. She covered her bare chest as I continued upstairs without a word. He isn't my man and we aren't having sex so I can't be mad at him for getting his. When I reached his bedroom I was met with a few Christian Louboutin boxes that sat on garment bags. In an effort to get out of the house I grabbed all of the boxes and three of the garment bag hangers. I jogged back down the stairs out the front door and to the truck not looking back. I was probably more embarrassed than the both of them. Sliding the gifts into the back seat I could hear the house door open behind me.

"Thank you I'm sure everything is beautiful." I turned around to a completely naked Sloane standing st the top of the steps. He let home girl number one prance out of the house half naked. I knew he had it going on from long hugs and dick prints but the full frontal view made my mouth drop. He stood there with a grin that made me want to strip right then and there.

"See you tonight." He turned and walked in the house like nothing happened. Like he didn't expose himself to the entire neighborhood.

I called Kai and recounted the story detail by detail while I drive back to her apartment. I stayed in the phone with her all the way until I got to her door. We opened the gifts together. The dresses were way too sparkly and flashy for me but it is my birthday.

Kai insisted that I go with the silver midi dress because it showed off my curves. She took no time to start getting me all dolled up.

"I look fat." My love handles and back fat bulged. I tried to find everything in the book to go get in the bed but it wasn't working.

"Just because your not out here getting ribs removed to look like a hour glass does not mean that your fat." She re curled some of the dropping curl. Kai had been more than a friend in this past month. I greatly appreciated her for being a person I could confide in other than my sisters.

"You didn't have to do this." I looked at her put the finishing touches on my look.

"Oh girl hush up and grab your keys we are late." She slipped her shoes on and grabbed her phone.

"We have 20 minutes to take the 45 minute drive across town." She smacks my butt as I walk past to get me to hurry up. Her place was right by the elevator that just so happed to stop at every floor on the way down. Walking out of the building every worry that I had was washed away. It finally started to feel like my birthday.