25• No More Locked Doors

Emerald's POV

"So do your sisters know?" Our heels clicked down the hall way and Kai was nothing less than shook.
"Erica does but I haven't seen Erin in a while. With her in school and all." I pushed the button for the elevator.
"Well lets just have fun tonight." She rubbed my arm. I was a little sad that I wasn't having a baby after seeing how happy it made Sloane. On the other hand I can admit my heart skipped a beat when he told me we wanted me to stop taking my birth control pills. While some people would probably go off it let me know that we were definitely working for something more.
When the elevator doors finally opened there was a tall, hunk of chocolate on the other side. Stepping on Kai walked right in to his arms.
"As long as we are making announcement... this is Aaron." Her head laid against his chest like a little kid. Aaron extended the had that wasn't planted on Kai's ass.
"Nice to put a name to a floor... face. Nice to put a name to a face." I began laughing as the horrified appeared across her face. The ride to the first floor was filled with chatter from the be "couple". I sped off towards Kai's car while she finished up her little conversation with Aaron.
"Your driving bitch." I posted up on the passenger side. I plan on getting faded to night. With an eye roll and the clock of a key we were on our way.

When we pulled up I had one of the young boys Sloane had park Kai's car and to look out for Erica. Max wasn't in his normal spot but we proceeded any way. There were so many people in line I was glad we got to make it up to VIP while I could.
I didn't even sit down before I started downing shots of Hennessy. It was like my body was on vibrate with the combination of Hennessy and the music. Kai and I danced until I caught a glimpse of Max moving my sisters through the club.
"My baby sister." I damn near tripped over my foot trying to hug Erin. She caught me before I could even make it to her.
"Kai you let this girl drink dark liquor?" Erica burst out laughing.
"Emerald, Boss wants to speak to you." Max said over the music.
"Ooouuuu." The girls said almost In unison. Come to think of it I haven't seen him all night. It had been a couple hours at least.
"I can take you to him." He held out his hand. When I took it I instantly got a little upset. Having to fight through the entire city to make it to the steps to make up stairs sound like a lot of work for a Hennessy drinker.

It was just that... Work. It felt like Max and in floated in the sea of club goers for a minute. I walked up the stairs alone, Max had other stuff to handle. I went straight for the door knob because he wouldn't have heard my knock anyway.
To my surprised the door was locked. I frantically stared twisting the knob and I was sober at that instant. How the hell do you send some one for me and not be in the office. I stopped twisting the knob when the door opened.
"Hey Baby." Sloane opened the door, but only slightly.
"You lock doors now?" I pushed passed him entering the office. I scanned the room and everything looked normal until I got to the sitting area. Adrian, is so called manager, was sitting on the couch. She looked like she was scared to death. Just before I could even open my mouth Sloane pulled my arm and yanked me out of the door. He closed the doors pressing me against it. He held me so close I could almost feel his heart beat.
"Don't do this to me." If I could get my hands loose I would've chocked him.
"I see it in your eyes and you better not." We stood there while she was still in that office.
"Don't do what Sloane?" I twisted my face up at him.
"Get all angry because you know I didn't touch that girl. Don't shut down on me. She was just going through something." His mouth was right by my ear so I could hear him clearly.
"So you had to lock the door?" I started to wiggle to escape his grasp when the door opened behind me. Sloane's hand held my back catching me.
"Thank you for listening." Her eyes darted from him to me when she scurried past us. He lifted me slightly making me cross the threshold.
"Emerald you know I didn't do anything with that girl that shit was strictly a boss helping an employee."
"You holding me isn't going to make me any-less upset." I said matter of factly.
"There is no reason to be upset." He kissed all over my face.
"I believe you but it was something up with that girl." He paused.
"I'm sorry E. The only time that this door should be locked is when I'm about to do what I'm about to do. He separated us to he could lock the door.
"What can I do to make it up to you?"he lead to the same couch. I snatched away. I told him before that she was was up to something but he refuses to believe me.
"I'm about to go back to this section and enjoy my night." I walked out of the office ignoring him calling my name. I was definitely going to take it upon my self to find out why ole girl wanted to be all up on Sloane with a first round draft pick at home. I walked to the bar before there is no time like the present. I flagged down one of the bar tenders to see where she went.
"Give me a second." He turned and walked in to the same room that I once had to run down on Lucky in. Adrian came out of the room holding a bottle of tequila sitting it in one of the shelves. Had a confused look in her face when she got to my end of the bar.
"Is everything ok?" She looked a bit more afraid now.
"Let me talk to you outside." I pointed to the back door. There was no need for small talk.