23• CTRL

Emerald's POV

I guess that birth control I was taking sporadically actually did this job. I wasn't pregnant. I could tell that Sloane didn't know what to say.
"At least we get to keep trying." I put my hand on his chest. Apart of him was sad and so was I but it's all in God's plan.
"Maybe your the only one who is supposed to be calling me daddy." He put emphasis on daddy.
"You just may be right daddy." I said back playfully.
"I'm not going to lie I want you to come off of birth control." He pulled me in to his chest.
"There is no need for it." He kissed the top of my forehead.
"Are you serious?" I had never been in a situation like this.
"As a heart attack. I'll wrap it up but when it's time I want it to be time." I agreed to stop taking the pills. He had a good point.
"Now what?" He asked placing his chin in the top of my head We stood letting the wall hold us up.
"I love you Sloane." If I cried it would be tears of joy. I don't know where the conversation would go but I'm just happy it went well. He wasn't upset that we had a scare or that I came to his job but he was focused on me.
"I love you too Emerald."

We ended up going to get some food and I finally got Kai to come out tonight. While I was at it I convinced both of my sisters to come out and play with me tonight.
"What do you think about moving?" He took a fork full of pasta in to his mouth.
"I thought you loved the brownstone." After all it was his family home and was all paid off.
"I think we just need a little change of scenery. A little more space." I took a sip of my water and sat back.
"Space? Baby you have there extra rooms that you don't even go into." I laughed.
"What if we redo the entire house? I want it to be ours." I raise an eyebrow.
"Don't look at me like that E. When I say redo I mean ripping out walls, a new kitchen, everything." I was down for the bob the builder attitude but I can't help to think that it's just over the pregnancy scare.
"I want to do the house before I put a kid in you for real and before I open a second location." He rubbed his chin. His caramel skin glows in the light of the setting sun.
"You just have all the plans don't you?" He shook his head while stuffed his face.
"Can I get you anything else." The young waitress walked up to the table. She ran her tongue across her bottom lip before taking it in to her mouth. Her eyes fixed on Sloane who was oblivious.
"All we need is the check sis." I said above a normal volume to get her attention. The skinny teenager walked away with the stankest attitude.
"Baby calm down." The heat ran through my body something serious.
"For what her young ass needs to learn how to be more professional. This ain't hooters." I made sure she could her me. He was laughing like I was Katt Williams.
"I hope she comes back soon with that check so I can get your crazy ass out of here." Just as he said it she popped up.
"I hope you all have a good day." He left her a 20 dollar tip before we left the restaurant.
"Ain't nobody checking for that little ass girl." He began driving me back to my car. When we pulled up at the house I wasn't really irritated but I just wanted to get him a little upset. I gathered my things to take with me to Kai's house so we could get ready for tonight.
"So now you have an attitude? Now your not speaking." I came down the steps an couple of options, nothing to crazy I can't really wild out in my mans club. When I got to the bottom he blocked my way.
"Come on, now move." I burst out laughing seeing him with his hands folded.
"Put the bag down." He wrapped his hands around my legs lifting me up. The bag fell to the floor.
"Boy put me down." He marched me in to the living room and threw me on the couch. He position laid on top of we with all his weight. I was still laughing uncontrollably.
"Get off of me." I tried pushing him off of me. All my effort were point less when he started licking my neck.
"Don't you have a club to open?" I was letting him suck me in to his trap.
"I got an hour and a fresh condom" He hovered over me checking his watch. I let him have his way. My shirt was over my head and on the floor and my phone was going crazy.
"Baby I gotta go." He looked at me with all types of confusion.
"The faster I get to Kai the faster I can get to the club and then to you." Now I wasn't the only one with an attitude. He freed me letting me put my shirt on. When I stood he smacked my ass so hard I was convinced I had a mark.
"Shit." I was slightly tuned on even though I knew it was out of anger.
"Keep that same energy when I get to the club Sloane." I made him give me a kiss before getting my stuff.
"Oh believe me I will." He yelled after me as I closed the door.
The second time my phone rang I answered with no hesitation.
"Kaineice Rollins do I have something to tell you." She hated when I called her Kaineice.
"Sooo I thought I was pregnant." I connected the phone to the car to have the conversation. It was best to get it out of the way now than when we got to her place.