15• Have Mercy

Sloane POV

"Pass me the shampoo." She said. I made my shower a little shorter because Adrian was going to be a little late. Now that I'm definitely done with Deontay and all the other shit this club was my life. My shit was legit. Everything from my home to my relationship.

I grabbed the new bottle from under the sink while holding up my town. I opened the glass door handing handing her the bottle. I snatched it back as she reached. My childish antics caused her to give off a small smile. She washed her hair as I brushed my teeth and dried off. I went a head and put on a basic black suit. I was honestly happy I didn't have to be in sneakers and sweats heading off to the spot. A few minutes late she washed off and popped out.

"I thought you had to go." She pecked me on the lips.

"I do." I sat on the bed watching her pull out the green scrubs she hated so much. I didn't want to go in to night and I no she didn't want to either be it was what it was.

"Im going to be there all night." She sighed as she walked back in the bathroom to dry her hair. I started to just tell her to quit working but I know she won't go for it. Plus Kai would talk her out of it anyway.

"Let me come eat ya pussy during ya shift." I yelled over the sound over her dryer. When it cut off I know she heard me. Before she could put it down I sty walking to the door.

"I don't feel like it tonight." Even though this is a normal night I wasn't for any bull shit. The amount of fights and petty shit that has happened since Emerald's birthday is sickening. Monday nights was usually a crowd for older people and hopefully it will be slow.

"You trying to talk me out of going to work?"

"I might be." She looked at me like a little kid turning on the dryer.

"I have to go and so do you. You own a business. Besides if I don't how you gone come eat my pussy?" She was always with the shits. I was still learning her which was made more difficult with ole boy doing all this extra shit.

"Who knows 8 hours could fly by." She would be home until like 7 the next morning and even though I know where she would be I already missed her.

"Imma miss you."  She pouted. The cupcake stage was real and I didn't want it to end. I never had a cupcake phase let alone actually want to be all lovey dovey.

"Not as much as I'll miss you." I glanced from her to my watch. It would definitely be irresponsible of me not to be there at least the first hours of opening.

E's POV

It was like I was working alone. The other girls on the floor couldn't tell a bandage from a defibrillator and Kai was off. The sun was rising and I still only had a few hours left. Even though that was the bright side I'm almost positive that I'm going to go off.

"Can you check in on room D?" One of my co workers walked up on my as I gathered a patients discharge papers. I knew she was going to try me.

"Don't you see I'm in the middle of something?" Simone's lazy ass got on my last nerve. This hospital got on my last nerves at this point. As much as I loved helping people, after all it is why I went through school, Mercy can kiss my ass.

"On top of that D isn't my patient." I grabbed the documents and walked off to deliver them. If I could get these people out faster maybe there wouldn't be almost a 3 hour wait. I walked back out to see who would be be the room's next occupant would be. When I looked a round it seemed like I was the only one who gave a fuck about the people sitting in the waiting room.

"Did you get to check in on the person D" She was standing in the same spot. I started to count to ten but she was really trying me.

"You should probably do your job and stop trying me. Just because you poppin pussy for the entire surgical staff doesn't mean you can walk over me." Little did she know I'm three seconds from dragging her and flipping this ER upside down. I am livid enough to beat her like here mama should have but I won't let her see that. Right then and there I realized that I'm over it.

I helped the last few patients that I could before my shift ended. On my way out I headed to my superior's office.

"Mister Godfrey..." I knock on his door. He was the glue to this hospital. Nine times out of ten the people who were in charge were nowhere to be found but Mr. Godfrey was alway there.

"Nurse James. What can I do for you tonight... well this morning?" He switched his answer when he said the light peeping through. I walk in to the cluttered office.

"Well I'll get straight to it." He knew what I was going to tell him but it's no way in hell I'm going to carry this entire facility on my back.

"You're quitting on me too?" He ran his fingers through his blonde hair.

"Well between me and you it's obvious that this place is going to shit so I'm glad you did it before I had to let you go." He stood up.

"Thank you for your service Ms. James." He extended his hand. That was easier than I thought. I'm glad I know it wasn't just my imagination and this is shitty ass hospital was going downhill.

"I'm sorry Mr. Godfrey but I can't do this anymore." After he told me he understood a few more times I dipped off. Walking through the parking lot I know I hated Mercy but loved it now that I was walking away. I grabbed my phone as I got settled in my truck. Sloane was blowing me up to pull up on me At work and I completely missed it. The sun rise took my attention for a second before I realized the time.
I rushed home to see if he was up which I doubted. I could see that the light was on in the kitchen from out side but I doubt that he was there. He was so sweet to park on the street so I could pull in the drive way. As I parked the thought of being able to throw away theses scrubs gave me a little energy. Grabbed all of my stuff and hopped out the truck. I got to the steps to see someone waiting for me. The hooded figure sat in the middle of the cast iron stairs.