2• Say It

Emerald's POV

"There she is" Erin stood up causing all the attention to shift to me.  The real surprise was seeing Erin. I couldn't believe she missed her night class to be here tonight.

Kai really went all out. My entire family had shown up. She had the tables decorated so nicely I didn't even want to touch anything. The waitress led me over to the the head of the biggest table.

My mother and aunts circled around me to take pictures that would be all over social media later.

"You didn't have to do all of this" I looked at Kai again.

"I'm really going to fight you if you say that again. She sat next to Sloane. I hadn't even noticed he was here with all of the people I hadn't seen in a while giving me hugs. I glanced at him before looking at the menu.

Sloaney😛: Get what you want it's on daddy.

E: Daddy?

All I could do was look up and laugh. He was the king of selective amnesia. This obviously wasn't the same person who I pulled up on earlier.
At his command,I ordered the biggest bowl of pasta and all sorts of appetizers  on the menu when Kai reminded me that the night was just beginning. In the mist of conversation Kai insisted that I open my gifts before the food got to the table.

Her idea was spoiled when Sloane ordered champagne for everyone.

"So has it been that long since we last spoke E." Erin leaned past Kai. My mind was everywhere. I don't want to take my eyes off of him but there was too much going on.

"Where is Deontay?" She gave me the third degree.

"Girl I have no idea." I shrugged my shoulders before the excitement of free premium liquor set in for everyone.
Thank god because with my mama in one ear and my little sister in another I was sure to go crazy.

"This isn't over." She pointed at me making sure I knew she wanted the tea. Shortly after everyone's meal arrived. Sloane watched my every move. I don't think there was a time where he wasn't look in my direction. His famous grin permanently fixed in his have I was so glad when Kai mentioned heading to The next spot. Without any hesitation my family kissed me good bye and finished their meals at the restaurant. My mama and aunts had no interest in shaking ass in someone's club and gladly sent me on my way. I made my way to the car and noticed Kai having a sneaky conversation with Sloane. Honking the horn, she jumped grabbed her chest.

"Give me a second." She hushed me, continuing her conversation. With a head nod she bounced back to the truck.

"To Duce's we go. You know the re did it. It's under new management." I wasn't having it.

"Of all places Kai? Come on." I felt a tantrum coming on.

"Look he made it all nice for you and shit we have to go. You should give Sloane more credit." She had only come in contact with him a couple weeks ago and loved him. His words were bad in her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I turned to her. Her loose lips let out some new information.

"Y'all live together and you don't know that he brought that club? You really mean to tell me you didn't know that he named it after you and tonight is the opening." I looked at her for a second be for bursting out laughing. Her fierce eye roll caused me to chill out a little.

"You cannot be serious. You don't have to make stuff up for me to go out. It's just around the corner." I continued laughing as I pulled away from the valet stand.

"You really didn't know huh? He though you had figured it out. That's what that conversation was about." Maybe that's why he hadn't been home.

"You can't be serious. Anyone stupid enough to buy that death trap should..." I pulled up in front of what is now E's. The line wrapped around the block just like normal. Only this time the people in the line looked a little more out together.
Sitting in awe traffic built up behind me.