3• Friends

Emerald's POV

We walked back in to the commotion and I cold tell he had a small attitude. He was a little defeated and that was kind of my fault. No matter how many times it came out of mouth I couldn't fathom that he was dead ass serious.

"Girl what happened up there? Did you let his pole in you hole?" Kai was definitely twisted.

"She better not have." Erin and Erica walked up to me.

"When in the hell did you get here." That shut her right up. After she came to get the baby you would have thought she moved to Iceland. I scanned the room to see who was around and saw the one and only Lucky Anderson skating through the door. She looked good and I was glad.

"Hit the bar for $2 shots!" The DJ's voice rang out as the attention shifted to the bar.

I saw Sloane was in the DJ booth doing what looked to me like business when a some girls started arguing in the floor. I paid the girls no attention until it got crazy. It got wig snatching crazy and it grew and grew up until the DJ cut the music. The guard that stood in the section escorted us out obviously at the request of Sloane. He walked us half way around to the back. Making it to the truck Kai cut right to the chase.

"So y'all had sex right?" She said is as if I was going to tell her something she already knew.

"We really just talked. Not too in-depth but I told him we could talk when he got home." I said reminding myself to stay awake.

"I guess I feel like a hoe Kai. I went from Tay to Lacey, back to Tay, and now to Sloane's crazy ass and probably back to Tay if this doesn't work" She pouted her lips as I stared to speak more.

"I was going to marry him. Have his kids and then he snapped on me." I started to cry. Like a dumb ass, I was crying over the same man who called me those names and accused me of trying to kill him.

"Sis it's your birthday don't cry." We sat still parked in the lot of club. Droves of people pouring out of the doors.

"I just want a life you know. I just want to be happy and what if he can give me that happiness?" I saw Sloane run out of the club. I cried more as he spotted the truck. He came up to Kai's window.

"Are you ok? Who hurt you? Kai what the hell?" He was frantic. My chest got tight as Kai told him I was ok. I rolled down my window trying to get some air. Sloane  rushes over to me lifting my head.

"E calm down." He opened the door allowing me to cry in to his shirt.

"What the hell happened?" He rubbed my back pulling me away. I slammed back in to his chest as he held me tighter. Everything that flowed through me for the last months came out at that exact moment.

"What's wrong." He held my shoulders. I heard Kai call my name from behind but all I could do was focus on his eyes.

"Come 'mere" When his lips met mine every muscle in my body relaxed. He slipped his tongue in before dropping his hands. I grabbed a hand full of his shirt bringing him closer. The unexpectedness of it all made me forget about my minor panic attack.

"Excuse me I'm still here." Kai made her presence known. When we separated he used his thumb to whip my remaining tears.

"Go home." He whispered in my ear.

"Go home. You hear me." He closed the door repeating himself. I shook my head. He didn't even get to fully walk away before Kai let out her childish ass squeal.

"Shut up." I bust a U turn and headed to drop her off.

"Girl he had got you in check and you didn't even know it."

"What are you talking about?" I played dumb.

"That shit was magical don't like to me I was here." She was right.

"I wouldn't say that." I laughed speeding the streets.

"You wanna get home soon now don't ya?" She taunted me ass we pulled up to a light.

"It was pretty great." Downplaying it really wasn't working.

"Stop acting like he didn't open your flood gates girl."

"What should I do since you know so much." Turning in to her development she got quiet.

"You should just let it happen. When you let go everything with ole girl it was the best time of your life let you tell it." She gathered her things.

"Sorry you can't be lit like me but I'm finna call my boy toy from the 8th floor and get it popping." Her tiny ass slid out of the range bouncing in to the building.

I drove all the way home in silence. I seemed like it took for ever to make it to Sloane's and when I did I was afraid to get out of the car. I slipped my birthday shoes off walking in the house bare foot. He was in the kitchen taking the birthday cake I didn't know I had out of the refrigerator.

"I'm surprised your here." I sat in one of the stools in the side of his island.

"You outside freaking out I shut that shit down early. Max and Sy get paid to handle shit like that." He cut a big chunck of the cake.

"I just don't wanna feel like some kind of hoe." I started to go in to the same conversation I was having with Kai. He actively listened as he passed me the cake.

"I get it but that's not my intention. Maybe I waited to long to come out and say it but you can't take a hint." I chuckled.

"I don't know what else I can say to you to make me give you a chance. I love you Emerald. I'm going legit for real." I have heard the "I'm going legit" song before but this was the first time that someone has taken the steps.

"No one has ever tried this hard before." I drug the fork over the icing. Was I really breaking down? Was I really letting Sloane in?!

"You know I have always been down for you. When you cut me off I was hurt. I hoped the fact that I had known you longer you would have been able to vouch for me me hey." Making is way to the stool next to me I realized that he wasn't going to give up.

"You know I drove around for hours before I came here that night. I was going to go back, then I was going to go to my moms, and then I thought about the time Erica stole my boots and we got in to that stupid fight." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"And you called you self running away."
He jumped in during my moment of silence.

"And caught him cheating on me for the first... nope second time. How you helped me by snatching me off the streets." I remembered that night like it was yesterday. I was trying to make my way to Lucky's house after having to slap both Deontay and the girl around when Sloane pulled up on me and literally snatched my ass off the street.

"And about earlier. I didn't expect you to be back."

"Duh" I shot back.

"I needed to get my rocks off and if it couldn't be with... if I couldn't... I had to do what I had to do." I wasn't even going to bring it up.

"And what about walking out with ya dick out Sloane."

"Well Listen I didn't have time to really cover up. Plus I wanted to give you a show." There was that grin again. I started to go in depth about the girl but that would do nothing but hurt my feelings.

"Take all the time you need. But baby don't take too long." He stretched his arms.

"Maybe we could take it slow. Let's be friends." I put the words in air quotes. From the looks of the smile in his face he looked satisfied.