16•Pop Up

E's POV
"I'm not doing this with you." I brushed past Deontay. I made it to the top before he spoke.
"So y'all really fucking? You not going to let me talk to you?" He asked as if I owed him something.
"Yes. Is that what you want to here? I AM FUCKING HIM. How many times do I have to say it?" His I could barley see his face under the hood.
"I'm fucking him and it's amazing." I wanted to go in to every deep detail of how good it was.
"We can work this out E. I forgive you." His ass was about to cry.
"You are a fucking joke. You forgive me?"
I stuck the key in to the door and entered the house locking the door behind me.
"Sloane." I yelled at the top of my lungs. I dropped my bags at the door before calling out again. I jogged upstairs. He was knocked out cold until I shook him.
"Sloane wake up." He turned over to see me standing over him and greeted me with a sleepy grin.
"You're finally home." He pulled me on to the bed. He just got better and better. Working a long day and coming home to someone him genuinely wanting to see me mad me want to suck him dry.
"Where you been?" He held me for a second.
"Did you know he was outside?" I asked him. He reached for his phone on the night stand to check the time.
"Who?" He raised an eye brow. I moved over to get his answer. Before I could reply he was already rolling out of bed.
"Who E." Tay grew some balls and had began banging on the door. I saw that switch go off once more.
"Who the fuck is that  E?" He turned on the light  and headed to the banister over looking the foyer. Seeing Deontay he flew down stairs.
"Why are you at my house?" I watched him open the door from the top of the stairs. I was surprised that  Deontay was still standing there after seeing Sloane turn in to super man. There was no car insight so he had to have walked here. His voice was back to normal.
"Just let me..."
"Let you get the hell off my property?  Yeah do that."
"Emerald I'm sorry." He yelled past Sloane.
"If she wanted to talk to you then she would have done it on the porch."He slammed the door in his face.
"You want to talk to him." He was past pissed as he looked up at me
"There is nothing y'all need to talk about." Sloane yelled as he walked away.
"Unless you want to talk to him. I'm tired of these niggas thinking it's cool to roll up on you like this. How the fuck are you so comfortable pulling up to another mans house." He got halfway to the top. I shook my head. He met me at the top and of the steps wrapping his hands around my shoulders. His skin was hot from the short incounter. I hated putting him in these situations.
"Calm down." I didn't want to talking about it.
"Are you ok." He seemed to be more irritated than mad. I shook my head. We returned to the bedroom. He didn't say a word as I got ready to shower. I was able to wash off all the funk of the day in peace.
He sat up in the bed watching TV when I came out. His face was like stone making me afraid to get close to him. I left space between us when I got settled in the bed.
"Don't to that. Come here." He grabbed my arm guiding me to him. I laid my head on his chest without saying a word. It didn't look like either one of us was going to sleep anytime soon. Even though I was dead tired I just couldn't close my eyes. I sat up to see his eyes were still glued to the screen. I sat Indian style gathering my thoughts.
"Emerald?" He said sleepily. I swung my leg over his lap to straddle him so I could have his attention. I was most comfortable in positions like this. Even with Deontay.

The light from the TV bounced off of walls. I felt his hands caress me which made it harder for me to give him the news.
"You just love sitting on it don't you?" I laughed him off.
"I'm just saying." He yawned.
"I quit my job today." Getting comfortable I could tell he was completely confused.
"Your not serious." He smacked his teeth.
"Scouts honor." I threw up my hands.
"I could do it anymore. Maybe I'll try one of those patient care centers." He would probably like that option anyway.
"Wow" he rubbed his cheek.
"So you telling me that I get you to myself?" He licked his lips.
"No random shifts? No more coming in a 7 and 8 in the morning? No more scrubs."
"Nope. For now at least." I kissed his neck.
"Mmhmm. Ok." His raspy voice had me weak. My mission was to get his mind off of the unwanted guest and on to me.
"Well as long as we are getting things off our chest..." I stopped and looked at him. I squinted my eyes because I had a feeling he was going to tell me something I wasn't going to like.
"Chill out. It's not bad" he ran his hands up and down my legs. He gave me the look as he moved my panties to the side.
"Stop it." I gritted through my teeth.
"You can't say that you have something to say and then try to change the subject. What do you want me to do?"
"I'm not changing the subject and I want you to let me do what I was going to pull up on you to do and more." Folded his arms. I started to get up and returned to my side of the bed but his hands caught my waist sitting me back down.
"You can do what ever you want when you say what you need to say." I tried used the head board to hoist myself up but that didn't help. I have to start going to the gym because his has always had a grip that wasn't even worth the struggle.
"Can we just touch in the fact that you didn't answer my call. I told you I was coming to..."
"I was working Sloane. You are beginning to scare me what do you have to say?" I stopped trying to move.
"Deontay wasn't the only unwanted guest that has been popping up." Lacey came through E's tonight and dropped off a box of your stuff. I didn't really know y'all were that serious." He finished.
"Well that's good." I had a feeling that he wasn't going to leave this alone.
"Good that I didn't know or good she dropped off the stuff."
"The stuff. It never really came up so I didn't bring it up." All of a sudden this wasn't my favorite position any more.
"It was when he and I went in a break and I needed well want a little more." I didn't look him in the eye.
"Listen that was before me and I done want to really know the details." That was close.
"Were you really coming to Mercy?" I got out of bed when he reached for the remote to stretch my legs.
"I meant what I said." He fought his sleep.
"looks like I'm not the only one who had a long day." I pecked his lips getting comfortable next to him.
"All I know is if ya boy pop up again it's going to be a problem."
"Boy go to sleep" He smacked his teeth letting his eyes close. I didn't want to see anyone hurt but it's out of my hands.