13• Words

E's POV

I made myself right at home. I just sat on the couch as he periodically came in and out to make sure I didn't explode. But the truth of the matter is I'm ok. Deontay Robbins has been hurting me for years, just not on physical levels. His fake ass Ike Turner performance got him the ass whopping of a lifetime and that was the least of my worries. I just wanted to know when he was going to pop up again and when Sloane was going to stop talking about Lucky. Everytime he brings it up it makes me feel stupid for thinking I'm different.

"Adrian has everything handled downstairs." The sudden burst of music scared me when the door opened.

"Good ole Adrian." I scuffed. He unbuttoned a few of the buttons on his shirt be for coming over. He sat down next to me. I felt him staring at me as I faced forward. There were no marks or scratches from the incident. Believe me I definitely checked.

"If you ask me if I'm ok one more time I promise you it's going to be some consequences and repercussions." I snuggled up to him. It was freezing in here.

"Is it that I'm not falling out and crying that you think I'm not ok Sloane?" That's exactly what it was. I honestly don't know why I wasn't hurt or crying but then it hit me.

"For you to defend me the way that you did makes it better." I pulled him closer I just wanted to hold him.

"What are friends for?"

"Now drop it." I separated my words with kisses. I could tell that he feels guilty but I didn't want to sit and dwell on it.

"Devin Parks is a pain in my ass." I remember him talking about how much more attention the club gets now because this is his new favorite place when he comes to town.

"He brings in a hell of a lot of money though." He laid back in my arms for a while telling me about all the stuff that goes on down stairs.

"How was your massage and stuff." He sat up as did I. I sat in my knee as I told her how gifted her hands were.

"I can show you how gifted my hands are." He turned to face me giving me that look.

"I hate it when you look at me like that Sloaney." I reached smushed his cheeks together.

"Look at you like what." He managed to say while I grabbed his face. I came close enough where I was almost on his lap.

"You know what I'm talking about. The lip licking, eye wondering, dimple showing, I'll rearrange her insides, half smirk you give me every three minutes. Especially when you wrap your arms around me" He laughed as I let his face go.

"I definitely don't know what your talking about."

"There it is again. You gotta stop that." He was taking me as a joke.

"So I can't touch you now." He stroked my arms. As much as I wanted him to stroke something else I was trying to stay focused.

"I didn't say that." He suddenly had me in a bear hug kissing me like a mad man.

"Good because it's hard not to." He just gazed in to my eyes.

"Let's get your of here." Of course I agreed. There was no use of me sitting here.

"If ya girl Andrea has it on lock why not?"

"Now you know that's not her name." I laughed like it was the funniest thing ever. He started fixing his office up so we could leave when that OCD set in. We spent an extra half hour until it was to his liking. We were able to make it to the back parking lot with out anyone yanking his arm. As soon as the door open I noticed the level of petty Deontay was on.

"That bitch took the truck." It took a burden off of me trying to get it back to him the nice way.

"Don't even worry about it." Sloane assured me.

"I'm not tripping. My next is going to be mine." We walked to his truck. My wheels were definitely turning. We were halfway way home when he spoke.

"Do you need anything before we head in?" I looked at him like he was crazy y because I'm still not used to someone caring like that. You never know that what you had was trash until it's over.

"Nope I dont think so." I knew some thing was up when he drove past the house.

"Well I want a waffle." As random as it was he drove straight to the nearest Waffle House.

"I have been to this Waffle House since I was a kid." He took they key out of the ignition after parking right in front of the door.

"Well I'm glad it's with me." Just like a kid going to Disney Land before basically opening the passenger side door and snatching me out.

"You just ate you can't be this hungry boy." He drug me into the restaurant.

"It's like 1 in the morning and if I can't eat you I'm going to eat this all star breakfast." We slid into a booth before some young boy came to take our order. I got the same thing he did to be on the safe side.

"You have the most beautiful smile E." I rolled my eyes in embarrassment.

"You make me feel like a 16 year old." It was so corny that I'm sitting in Waffle House in his cloths at one in the morning like it's my first date.

"I'm just trying to show you I'm not a joke. I just want it to be real." The butterflies in my stomach were more than real. Our all star breakfasts made it to the table.

"Sooo... Listen." I flashed my eyes at him while buttering my Waffle.

"There are some openings in Kai's building." He dropped his fork.

"Don't do that." His face dropped.

"After all of this... don't tell me that you think your leaving." I started laughing. He looked like I told him Santa clause didn't exist.

"Come on Emerald because I'll sell that house and you know I will. "

"I just wanted to see what you were going to say." I stabbed my Waffle as he tried to stop his mini heart attack.

"I'm in too deep." I finished. What ever this was I don't want it to end.

"Emerald can we stop playing? I'm tired of calling you my friend" We ate in silence for a little bit. I knew exactly what he meant but I was trying to play it off.

"I'm not fucking any of my homegirls on my desk like that." Once again I was all giggles and smiles.

"I must be Katt Williams, Kevin Hart funny the way your laughing at me this morning. Like I said I love that I can make you laugh but come on."

"I'm fine not playing if you aren't Sloane." Even though I started the game I am ready to be his girlfriend. I'm ready to have some a real relationship.

"For real? So Emerald James are we official?" The a answer was something that he was waiting for since child hood.

"Yes." I didn't have the same feeling as that fake ass shit with Lacey. It was fresh and that's what I need. I started to speaking stopping myself before this first word.

"Say it." We finished our early morning breakfast.

"I don't wanna jinx it." Like clock work the "after club crowd" invaded the restaurant. He dropped a bill on the table and we slid out of the booth.

After getting settled we stayed up all night just talking and talking.