20• The Store

Emerald's POV

"Baby." I tried to shake him awake. It was already a few hours before 10pm and I knew he was going to spazz if I didn't wake him. The half eaten sandwich he hand in his made the way he was sleeping 1000 times funnier. He was like a hibernating bear. I grew tired of shaking him and ended up splashing him with a little water.
"Sloane!" His eyes open slowly.
"What time is it?" He shifted his body around while fully waking up. Waking up at the ass crack of dawn to help Adrian threw his day completely off.
"Time for you to get up baby." He stretched and grabbed his phone before taking off upstairs. There was no stopping him when it came to getting to E's. The fact that he was passionate about something else besides the thug life was amazing but he was acting a little weird.
"Emerald can you bring the dry cleaning up." I completely forgot that it was dropped off. I went to the closet closest to the front door and filled my hands with that seemed like 50 wire hangers. It felt like I was climbing a mountain with all of these suits in my hand.
"Thanks Baby." He kissed my cheek and took them to the closet. I sat and watched him run back and forth for a while before getting dressed. I couldn't put my finger in it but Sloane had something up his sleeve.
"Why don't you and Kai come out tonight. Or even your sisters" It's been a while since I had a chance to sit and chill with Erica, Erin, or Kai. He stood in front of me after he put his shoes on.
"We have dinner plans..."
"And what better place to go after dinner than to the city's hottest spot." He have me that great owner smile as he scrolled through his phone.
"I'll bring it up." He didn't say a word but just looked at the screen.
We gathers our things and headed out at the same time. Sloane opened my door allowing me to hop in.
"Do you have something to tell me?" Kai had been waiting for me for a while but there was no way I was leaving with out saying something. His face didn't change one bit when I finished my sentence.
"Tell you something?" I started to the truck to be for I waited for his answer. It was a simple question and even though I don't know what to expect I was ready for anything. He licked his lips leaning in further.
"A better question would be what do you want to know?" Maybe I being a little bitchie and was looking for a fight since I am not used to things going this well. I looked him up and down twisting my lips to the side.
"What's your problem?" He burst out laughing. I felt silly for even going through all of this.
"I don't have one but you have been a little off." My phone was blowing up and all from Kai. I closed the door rolling down the window allowing him to lean in.
"I just need a vacation. Running around like this isn't cool." He pecked my lips.
"Well if you laid your ass down instead of running out to save that Audry chick you would be fine." I looked at my vibrating phone and back at him. I cracked a smile. She wasn't going to stop blowing me up and it was hilarious.
"That better be Kai and only Kai." He was completely serious. With all of the pop ups and extra antics he was on edge. He had every right to want to handle Tay once and it all but it wasn't worth it.
"It is and I better go." I kissed him again before opening the garage door and backing out. I imagine that someone already told her that I quit working at Mercy and she is probably pissed. I drive straight to her apartment. Parking right next to her car I texted her to let her know I was coming up. The elevator ride seemed to take forever or maybe I was just glad to see my girl. When the doors opened I could see her standing out side of the door tapping her foot.
" I know you said that Sloane had been asleep all day but where were you were antennas?" She yelled at me as I strolled down the hallway.
"Well hello Kai. How are you love." I smiled as I met her at the door.
"Girl get in here you have some explaining to do." She pushes me through the door. I was hit with the smell of vanilla from the burning candles.
"There is no explanation. Girl Mercy isn't worth the stress." I plopped down in the plush purple chair I claimed as mine when she moved in.
"That's great but where have you been all day? We went from lunch to dinner plans in a matter of hours. You selling drugs?" She poured us glasses of wine.
"Now that deserves and explication. I umm... I don't know how to say it." She sat up straight as I gathered my words.
"I met with Deontay." I whispered. I didn't let anyone know because of the look in Kai's face.
"The only reason I responded when he contacted me is because I need this to end." I told her all the details of what happened the other night.
"So what did y'all talk about?"
"Well when I met him at the store it took me a while to get out of the car. Like I wanted to drive off but he saw me and came outside. Girl when he walked up to the driver side window I didn't know if I wanted to hit him or really hear him out. He hit me with all the I'm sorry's and the I miss you's and then started chatting about the ring he supposedly got me and I just sat there." I stopped because of how hard Kai was listening.
"Once he finished his spill I told him stop wasting his time. Then I simply told him that him coming around was pointless it wasn't going to work. Then he popped out with that "If I can't have you nobody can" bullshit. Talking about Sloane and putting a price on his head and all of this other mellow dramatic shit. He stood out there for over an hour basically telling me if I "come home" it would be worth my while but I don't need anything from him. Especially not sex." Kai was in shock. I never thought I would have a conversation with him again but I didn't need Sloane wilding out.
"So what else?" She swirled her glass.
"Then he brought up the baby. Trying to find her adoptive family and having kids our own which threw me all the way off. Like how dare he? I was two seconds from calling Sloane and Max but I know that's what he wanted. He had me thinking about the conversation we had after some bitch said she was pregnant. As much as I wanted to I couldn't let him see me cry so I sucked it up and put those feelings a way."
"I had to let him know that it wasn't sex and that's not why we aren't together. Honestly Tay gave amazing head but Sloane... girl that man is different than any other dick. I'm not trying to get back at Tay there is nothing left I'm happy..."
"Are you? Are you really? Having conversations behind your mans back. Don't tell me this escalated in to someone else." She was on the edge of her seat now.
"Well first of all, I had something I needed to get off my chest. If Deontay didn't hear it from me he would never stop..." Kai threw up her hand catching my attention.
"What if you only made it worse?" She shut me right up. As I ran through the details in my head I probably didn't make it worse.
"Emerald you pulling up could have given him hope. In his head he could think "at least she is speaking to me now." You never know with him." Damn. She was kind of right.