9• Home for the Weekend

Sloane's POV

"When were you going to tell me you two were together?" His mother cut up her steak.

"Oh nah Ma they are just friends... Ain't that right baby bruh." Nate crunched on his green beans.

"Really good friends." Sloane placed his hand on my upper thighs. I nodded my head. Two can play that game. My hand made its way to his lap. I rubbed him up and down.

"When Sloaney told me about this weekend I knew it would be  so so hard for me to miss a chance to see one of my favorite people..." I paused referring to his mother. I felt him grow as I turned to him.

"A lot of things are hard for me but being here was an easy choice." He grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze under the table.

"Well your still a nurse right?" I nodded my head. I realized I was winning the battle.

"Oh really your a nurse?" Nate's wife finally joined the conversation.

"Yes" I smiled at her.

"Well what's the worst part about it?" I wasn't expecting her to go in depth like that.

"Well I get stiff sometimes standing up all day. I work over at Mercy now so it gets crazy."

"Well I'm glad to hear that you can make it sweetheart. That other annoying girl what was her name?" She tapped her for against the plate.

"Loren." Nate answered while pushing back from the table. It had been so long since I heard Lucky's real name.

"Exactly! Oh I couldn't stand her." Ms. Lisa laugh as she whipped her mouth with the cloth napkin. Nate came around collecting empty plates and Mya went in to the kitchen for dessert.

"Well you don't have to worry about her anymore ma." He set back full from dinner.

"Thank you for dinner Ms. Lisa it was..."

"Baby girl thank Shapiro's for delivery." She whispered with a smile on her face. She got up from the table letting us know that she had to cut out early.

"I have have to meet Mya's mother. The woman refuses to come since her daughter changed from the beach to the ranch."

"She is the definition of stubborn. Good luck mama Lisa." Mya watched  Ms.Lisa leave.

"Oh baby I got something for that ass. She will be here."

"Well let me drive you ma." Sloane spoke up.

"Oh no. I'll have one of Mya's fancy drivers do it." Sloane and I walked her to the door waiting until the car was halfway out the driveway. The door wasn't even fully closed before he blocked me from moving. I started laughing uncontrollably.
"You think what you did at the table was cute huh." His laughter soon matched mine.

"Don't start something you can't finish. You know I like it when you hold me down like this." Our faces moved closer as he let my tongue over power his. As usual we forgot where we were. The tension turned in to passion as our bodies relaxed. I stood on my tippy toes and let my fingers creep up the nape of his neck.

"Don't start nothing you can't finish." He switched from my lips to my neck using my words against me.

"Boy if you don't stop..."

"See baby. Isn't it great to be with your friend? I'm just glad that my brother can experience the power of friendship." The newly wedded couple caught us in the act.

I burried my head in the crook of his neck and his hands fell at my waist still pressing our bodies together.

"You would think y'all just got married. At least we can hold it together in front of people." Mya chimed in. His back still turned all he did was laugh.

"Y'all have a room ya know." They walked up the steps as we died laughing quietly.
"I haven't smiled this much in a long time." It was true. Who I would have thought that someone I never thought twice about in that way was making this happy. He looked me up and down and I could only imagine what he was thinking. He started licking his I pushed him backwards slightly causing him to snap back in to reality.

Sloane's POV

"Your mother is going to catch us next and then what." I followed her up to the room this time closing the door. She had a good point.
"Well then..." she waited for me to give an answer but I couldn't take her seriously.
"So im a joke?" She folded her hands sitting on the edge of the bed.
"No I just know she won't catch us. I have been caught yet." I thought about dropping the fact that I had been sneaking girls in and out for years but that's definitely not what she wanted to hear.
I was exhausted after taking that ride and I just needed take a breather. Her back faced me as I turned on the TV.
She dropped her attitude and decided to lay beside me.
Our eyes grew heavy once again like we didn't sleep half the day away.
When she got up to change into her night clothes her phone rang. Right on schedule Deontay made his third daily phone call. This time she answered.
"There is no need for you to keep calling me. We are done." She wasn't sad nor angry but definitely serious. She stepped out going to bathroom next door turning on the shower but returning soon after.
"There is nothing to talk about. You definitely said what you had to say." And with a quickness she hung up.
She slid her phone on the bed and stepped out. Hopefully the shower will mellow her out.

E's POV

It was definitely time for me to say what was getting under my skin. I mean he definitely wasn't trying to hear what I had to say that night and I don't have to listen to him now. I made my shower quick just because I wanted to see Sloane's reaction. A pair of shorts and a shirt was my choice for pajamas. I snatched my shower cap off as I rounded the corner to find him fighting his sleep.
"You ok?" What else could I expect him to say? I didn't want him to say anything thing at all but that's not in Sloane's nature. I snuggled up next to him thinking that the gesture would make him drop the conversation.
"Did you mean what you said?" I took my head off of his chest.
"When you say we are done" he imitated me. When I didn't give him an answer.
"I don't want to invest in this friendship if we aren't on the same page." I lied the first time when I told Lacey that I was "all in" and I definitely lied to myself.
"You know I don't know what about that conversation hurt me so much. If it was when he called me out of my name or told me to leave or him actually having it in his head that I wanted to kill him... but it does. Seeing a side of a person you love... loved. Does something to you." I corrected myself.
"He made me feel like I was nothing. After all the cheating, out of state trips, and the shit I haven't even noticed I actually felt like nothing. I really felt disposable and after being with him since I was a kid I never wanted him to feel that way. I would have always found my way back to him." I cried through my words. I sat up and put my knees in my chest.
"I could see it in his eyes at that point I wasn't "E" or "baby" I wasn't even "Emerald" I was the enemy. I... You can't love me and think that I would ever put you in harms way like that and over someone that was doing you dirty." I sat my chin on my knee as the tears flowed. Sloane had this shocked look on his face. I bet he didn't think that the conversation would get this deep. I rambled on for another couple of minutes until he got closer to me. He wrapped his arms around me.

But I am done with Deontay I'm not sure if it's for now or forever but I'm done.