18• Dawn

Emerald's POV

I knew when Sloane started talking about Max and Jase there must have been a problem. He was working super hard to get the club to the next level and Jase was so reckless he could fuck it all up. Getting him to stay home was just the first step in my poorly developed plan. I wanted to have a chance to talk to him and I couldn't do it in his office. There is a chance that this conversation will turn in to an argument which may get physical in more ways than one. Plus I'm not even sure if he is considering going back to being a block boy or not. Hell I don't even know what the conversation was really about but I was going to find out.
"Now I'm not going to complain about a girlfriend who wants to have sex all the time because that's a dream." I wrapped myself in a towel. We both stepped out of the bathroom.
"But where is this coming from?"
"I can tell you the when I came down stairs I just wanted to mess with you. You assumed I was horny." He shrugged his shoulders.
"Tell me your not thinking about doing something stupid." I had been beating around the bush for nothing. Yes, I wanted him to stay home and be with me but I have to get it over with. I have seen how this form of temptation can creep in to someone's lives and destroy it.
"Don't give me that stupid ass look. Tell my You're not going back in the streets because I can't do it" He was shook. He finished pulling his shirt over his head. What ever he and the guys talking had left his head. He took a deep breath and scratched his head. I went ahead a threw on some clothes. We stood in the middle of the bedroom floor looking at each other. I grew tired of the staring contest and just leaned on the nearest wall. Getting a little annoyed I found myself Looking up at the ceiling. I heard him smack his teeth and flop on the bed.
"Emerald I'm not going to do anything stupid period. Especially if it means losing this" I stood in there not saying a word. He pushed off the bed slightly waving me over to him. I sat next to him still not making any kind of contact.
"It scares me even thinking that you're... going to turn in to someone else. I don't know that Sloane." If he started fooling around with Max and Jase like that again he was sure to go back to that dark space. He can be the most ruthless person when it boils down to it. I knew it when we were young but I really got to see it first hand when he shit Ice.
"I'm not Deontay Emerald. I'm not that Sloane anymore." He has proven that to me time and time again.
"Promise me." We couldn't have made it this far to let it get fucked up from one phone call. I let him lift my chin. I snatched away when he tried to kiss me.
"Fuck the money and everything else. Promise me babe." I pushed him away.
"I promise." He grabbed my hand.
"Now can you come here?" He was a little more stirn in his tone. We ended up laying side by side watching some random ass movie.
"So you not talking to me now?" He clearly was the one with the attitude. After our little heart to heart I expect everything to be normal but wasn't so lucky.
"I'm just thinking." He got up and walked out of the room. When he walked down the steps it took everything in me not to go off but I healed it together. Maybe I jumped the gun by letting him know I wasn't down for him playing both sides when it came to him going back to the streets but it doesn't matter now. The basement door closed just as I started to follow him. I heard his foot steps coming up the stairs case followed by his voice.
"Adrian I just need you to hold it down. Yeah. As long as the Bottle girls stay in check it should be smooth. Thank you. Yep mmmhmm." He hung up and tossed the phone on the bed with his free hand holding his laptop in the other. Watching him type away my blood began to boil. How was it possible for the dynamic of our relationship to change like this? Did the honey moon phase come to a screeching halt? Was this our first argument? Is he upset?
I couldn't read him and I was honestly freaking out. I broke his focus earlier so he needed to concentrate right? That's it I just need to chill. If he was that mad he would have stayed in the basement rather that coming up stairs.

I had been flipping back and forth through channels for a while before he closed the laptop. I had bundled myself up in the comforter about to drift to sleep.
"If you're going to act weird then I will sleep down stairs. You just let me know." I blurted out before he got comfortable.
"Yo Emerald stop playing. Do you want some more attention?" He pulled the cover off of me showering me with kissing. They went from little pecks to sensual really quickly. From my face to my neck his lips were fixated on the spot just below my earlobe.
"I just had to get that work done." He said in my ear rubbing my breast. Our bodies confirmed to each other as we laid there. I can't complain about him doing what he needs to do.
"I'm sorry Sloane. he deserved an apology. I should have just let him tell me before jumping down his throat like that.
"Baby just go to sleep." His free had cupped my breast while he spoke.
All of the random shit he was saying was surprisingly soothing and lulled me to sleep.

It felt like we slept for 10 minutes before he was up and in the phone again. I turned over as he held it to his ear. I guess he thought that a kiss would make me overlook the fact that it's the crack of dawn.
"That's not far from the club give me a few minutes." I stayed laying in my side as he walked over to the dressed yanking out some basketball shorts. Maybe he thinks I'm still asleep but that would make it worse. When he went in the closet to put on a pair of slide I instantly was in an arguing mood.
"Baby I'm just going to give Adrian a ride." Adrian has been smashing Devin Parks, if I don't know anything about her I know that, so it's odd that he isn't getting out of his bed to get her.
"She broke down not too far from the club." He came over to my side of the bed. This could go really right or really left so I took a deep breath.
"And she called you? So she don't have no AAA?" I said in the most dry tone I could muster up.
"Come on Emerald. I can't leave her stranded."

"Ok Sloane. But AAA would have helped her just as well as you can."

"I'll be right back." He kissed my cheek. Two argument in one night was too much.
"Tell her don't get fucked up." He chuckled but no part of me was joking. I promise he won't be the only ruthless one in this relationship if anything happens on his rescue mission.