30•Finally

Emerald's POV

2 months later...

We here finally moved in and there was no sign of Lacey.
"Who told you to move all the way out here?" Kai asked walking up the drive way. She was the only one who had been to the new house.
"Welcome to Winter's Grove hoe." I smiled at her when she came through the door.
"Look at y'all with two staircases. I see you. Girl I may have to pop over here." As tight as Kai was with money she could definitely afford it. No kids, a great job, and a new man that also brings home the bacon? Why wouldn't she move over here.
"Isn't this where all the ball players live? Aaron is cool and all but girl." I started to show her around starting in the kitchen of course.

"Oh and y'all have snacks." She opened the refrigerator before I could even speak.
"Put these socks in." I handed her a pair of fuzzy socks.
"I would want to mess up all this pretty marble anyway. She happily left her shoes by the counter.
"Girl so how is Mercy?" I had almost forgotten that I worked there. By Kai's facial expression I know she was going to have a story and a half.
"A shitty hot mess girl. No one told you? Deontay has been in there for about a month." That was son I didn't need to know.
"Sis someone got his ass real good. If the bullet would have been an inch to the left he would have died." I sat in the bar stool next to her.
"Some one named Bianca has been coming to see him everyday. She has been staying there for about a week." The name did more than ring a bell in my head. The memories of keying her car a while back flashed in my head.
"Really..." I shook my head as I remembered the day.
"Well that's sad." I took one of her grapes. Kai looked at me for a while.
"You look different." She scanned my face. I burst in to laughter.
"You just haven't seen me in a while." Which was the truth. Since the fire and Lacey going bat shit crazy on me, it's just been me and Sloane. Now that he gave moved he has been looking at other spots to open up a second club. The only good thing about that was he was home more and let Adrian really take over.
"No no. It's definitely something different about you Emerald." She shook her finger and slid off the stool.
"Look at all of these pictures. Oop, that's my face." She said childishly looking at the frames in the family room. She worked her way over to the couch. Her nosey ass automatically gravitated to the papers I had sitting on the end table.
"Let me finish showing you around." I said braking her focus.
"Yes it's huge in here. This will definitely be a work out." We headed towards the front. She walked up the left stair case and I walked up the right per her request.
"Here is one of the the guest rooms and bathrooms." We peaked in to the silver and white room. This was one of my favorite rooms because it had the best view of the back yard but was too small to be a masters room.
"And another one." We walked down a little further.
"Black and gold... my favorite colors! Thus must be for me." In some form it was.
"I knew you were going to say that." I playfully pushed her down the hall.
"Here is Sloane's office slash man cave. Girl and he decorate all my himself." I said like a proud mom. I knew he could do it, after all he did an amazing job with his first apartment and definitely the house.
"This is probably the same size as both of those guest rooms combined." She was definitely over exaggerating.
"Oh and down here this is my little vanity room."
"It's a lot of fur in here just the way I like it." We high fived each other. I guess I was a little obsessed but that was the look I was going for. Plush and posh.
"And the master bedroom." We walked down to the end of the hall. I opened the double doors leading to the room.
"This is where all the magic happened." I spun around letting her take it all in.
"I wanted to keep it simple plus we couldn't agree on a color.

"The wood is beautiful. This house is beautiful." Kai wondered around.
"Is this your closet! His and hers bitch go off." I could here her say as she walked further in.
"Look at this tub. You have a bathroom balcony" I sat in the bed giggling as she gave her self the rest of the tour. Kai ran back too the bedroom.
"The parties y'all could have out there would be crazy." She sat next to me.
"Honey you have made it. Forget Mercy." We sat chatting fir a little bit before things got serious.
"Emerald you know I love you like a sister right?" I handed known Kai for long but I can say we have gotten super close.
"Duh." I nudged her a bit. I wasn't sure where she was going but I had an idea.
"Right. So you also know that as a nurse at Mercy our emergency room is a mess but we have one if the best maternity wards in the city."
"Yeah I know." I shook my head and got comfortable.
"So what you may not know is that I transferred up there about a week ago. I just want to know if there is something that you want to tell me?" I took a deep breath because obviously the cat is out the bag this time.
"If you know than why do I have to say it." I cross my legs. I was just barely in to my first trimester and no one knows.
"So it is true. Auntie Kai reporting for duty." She saluted me.
"I knew I wasn't crazy. Aside from me seeing your paper work it's literally all over your face." I popped up and looked in the mirror. My face definitely did get a little fatter I just didn't want to admit it.
"Does your baby dad know?" Kai asked watching me grab my cheeks. I felt like it was a little early.
"He does now." His voice rang out.
The only sound in the room was his duffel bag hitting the floor.

End of Part II.