26• Outside

Emerald's POV

The temperature dropped outside but we were going to stand here until I got my answers.
"You mind telling me why you were in my mans office with the door locked?" Those words knocked all the wind out of her chest.
"I just wanted to thank him for taking me home that nights and to let him know why Devin was home when we got there." Her eyes watered. I didn't mean to scare her for real.
"You mean to tell me that you're man was in town and you called mine to get you in the wee hours of the morning?" I asked still trying to put it al together.
"It's not all fun an games. Devin and I have been together for years before the league and now I guess all of the attention has gone to his head." Still not giving a single fuck l leaned against the wall.
"I don't want you to think anything is going on. I'm not like that..."
"Like I said if..." Sloane burst through the door in the middle of my sentence. I was ready to tear in to this girl something terrible. The look on my face stopped him in his tracks.
"It's ok"Adrian continued as Sloane stood behind me.
"I was just having a bad day and he was helping me." I could tell she felt a little safer with him now outside.
"I apologize if I crossed any lines. Please don't fire me." Her eyes darted from me to Sloane. Now I felt like shit.
"Your not getting fired. You can go ahead back inside." We smiled at each other as she walked back inside.

I turned my body and slammed directly in to Sloane. His hands pressed me against the cold brick wall. I loved when he asserted his dominance. Our body's less than an inch apart, his voice made me tremble.
"Let's Get something straight." He cheeked our surroundings. When our eyes met again he licked his lips. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be afraid or turned on.
"I'm have never felt the way I feel about you about any woman on this earth. I don't know if I show it all the time but it is true. I'm not fucking or trying fuck anyone else. Especially not the way that I'm fucking you." I could feel the sincerity in his voice. I took in everything that he was saying while my clit throbbed for him.
"When are you going to realize that?" His mood shifted. He was pleading with me.
"Im am not him or her." He backed up a little.
"I know that Sloane." I grabbed his arm.
"Then stop treating me like it Emerald." He voice is was above the sex whispers. I never wanted him to feel like I was pushing him away. Honestly I didn't feel like I was but I can't tell him how to feel.
"Don't walk a way from me." I pulled him.
"I'm sorry. I know your not him. I'm sorry." I stood on my tippy toes kissing him. There is nothing like knowing you could be hurting someone that you love. Even if I was thinking too deeply into it I don't want to make anyone fell the way I once did.
He resisted for a while but gave in.

Sloane's POV

"I thought we were past this" I know we both wanted to be together but after the baby thing I needed to make sure.
"You have to trust me if we are supposed to make this work because I don't have time for any of the bullshit. I'm building for US and every time I turn around it's some fuck shit going on." Even if it's my own insecurities I had to get it out.
"I need you to know that I'm only in this for you. And I want you to be able to do the same." I looked down in to her eyes.
"Your not Deontay and I'm not Lucky. I love you. I'm in love with you and only you. So we can forget this ever happened?" I genuinely believed her.
"Can you stop scaring my employees?" As much as I wanted this relationship to work I needed her to be 100 percent.
"I have been about you and I'm still about you Sloane." She assured me.

When we returned to the VIP section to check on her sisters and Kai they were the life of the party. Every time that they came to the club she never got to enjoy her time here. I got the best bottled sent to the table even though they were already pretty turned up. As the night wined down I had max drop E's sisters and Kai off while E passed out in the office. It gave the time to get a little work done instead of taking it home.
She tossed and turned in her sleep a few times before I decided to scoop her up and take her to the car. The ride was smooth until about 4 fire trucks appeared behind the car. The sound of blaring sirens work E up immediately. We were only a block away when I saw the trucks turn down our street. My heart dropped at the thought of those trucks going to my home. I sped off towards the house to see our shelter lit up with flames. Emerald followed me as I hopped out of the car walking towards the flames.
"Sloane wait." She called from behind me. She caught up to me and grabbed my arm just before I could bulldoze through the barricades.
"Do you live here." A fireman walked up to us and asked. The wasn't any sadness in my body just pure anger.
"Yes" Emerald answered as I took bin The scenery. My house the house that had all of my best memories was gone. Just like that in a puff of smoke we were homeless.
"When the fire is out we will be able to tell how it started but it looks that it was started from out side of the home." It didn't take long for a list of hateful motherfuckers to pop in my head. This random dead was more calculated than I thought.