4• Keys

Emerald's POV

It's a good thing that Kai talked me in to taking  the next day off because lord knows I needed the sleep.
Waking up to take showers in Sloane's huge master bathroom was the best. With his shower water came from all angles. I took all of my sweet time getting ready. It felt good to be bare faced and in normal, comfortable clothes.

I didn't have anything important to do but I was definitely going to make my way over to Kai's. I threw on some sneakers and grabbed the hoodie that belonged to Tay and went to start my day. I put a little pep in my step before going down to the kitchen. I grabbed a water and noticed Sloane on the sofa in the living room.

"I'll be back in a few." I met Sloane with a hug as he still laid back.

"You don't have to sleep down here." I sat next to him for a bit.

"Nah." He pulled me on top of if him my body almost flat on top of his. For such a skinny guy he has always been strong.

"Baby that wouldn't be good for our "friendship" you know." I straddled him to get more comfortable. He definitely didn't handle his morning business I could feel that for sure. Peeling his hands off of my ass I sat up.

"You are right. I don't think that this is what friends do." I tried not to make any major moments while he had me in this position. One accidental move and I wasn't going anywhere. He ran his tongue across his bottom lip as his hands explored me.

"Definitely not." He sat up on his elbows giving him enough room to put himself on top. His lips hit my neck.

"So maybe... we should... stop..." He separated his words with a kiss. I looked up at him slightly shaking my head. He flopped backwards into his old spot licking his lips as I got up and he got comfortable.

"Does he know you have been staying here?" Sloane sat up normally still looking at me with that look. I loved that look.

"He doesn't need to know anything about me." I fixed my high waisted leggings and looked for my keys.

"Well we definitely have a meeting soon and I'm not sure if you wanna run in to him or not." He ran his hand over his waves. I stopped my search turning to him. I waited for him to explain.

"Hey. he insisted. Said he couldn't stay in the condo and the store down by the club was getting fixed up." It was a little later than I expected from the looks of the clock.

"Just take my car." He took his keys out if his pocket tossing them to me.

"I'm not driving your Porsche!" I tossed them right back to him. His phone must have vibrated. He tossed them back as he answered.

" 483 Fairway Ct." The game of hot potato continued.

"Yeah Tay just pull in the drive way...  nah I let someone borrow the Porsche...oh your on your way? That's cool." He intentionally repeated the conversation. Sloane looked at me giving an ultimatum with his body language.

"Nah the truck is in the garage." He was asking too many questions for my liking.
I was Either going to take his car and be gone by the time that pulled up or keep looking for my keys and run in to him. Sloane held his keys out one last time while continuing to direct Tay to the house. I walked over to the couch to grab them. When I reached my arm out he pulled me on to his lap kissing me like he would never see me again. I could hear Tay's voice through the phone. He slipped the keys into my hand kissing me harder and letting me go. That was my signal to take off but he didn't stop and neither did I. Tay grew irritated at the sound of my moans.

"Whoever she is tell her to bounce I'm up the street at the light." He stopped to laugh in to the phone.

"You gone make me bust in my pants if you keep touching me like that... friend." I hadn't even noticed my hands were in his pants. He didn't even care that Tay could hear our conversation. He pecked my lips a few times before I stood up to leave.

"Bye friend." He watched me walk out with the phone still attached to his ear. As soon as the door closed behind me I called Kai to let her know I was on the way. We decided to meet at the cute little bistro that was just around the corner from Sloane's house. I was able to back out of the driveway while Tay turned on to the block. Even though we passed each other I'm sure he didn't see me.

Sloane's POV
Emerald really almost got us caught up. Even though we don't have anything to hide I would have been pretty wild if her ex came in to see us slobbing each other down with her hands in my pants and mine up her shirt. It doesn't look good but it felt even better. It is beyond hard for me to sleep knowing she is up stairs.
"You got a nice place here." The front door opened and closed.
"You know I try." I stood up dapping him up. He walked straight to the fridge. At that moment I realized how many clues we were giving him.
"Hey why don't you order something. You open the fridge your going to be disappointed." I laughed it off. The big ass green happy birthday cake would be a dead give away.
"Hey you ain't gotta tell me twice." I walked over and put out the binder I kept the menus in. Yep I have that many.
"Anything but Italian. Imma grab a shower right quick ill meet you in the basement." I walked out of the area backwards before I realized food kept his mind off of me. I walked up the steps two at a time. The sound of the water running was relaxing. I scrubbed my body before noticing Emerald set up I nice little corner with all of her things. I washed my hair before realizing that E has "personal touches" all over the house. She got really comfortable really fast. I don't even know if he would notice anything if he didn't notice the big white truck he paid for outside. Soon after I rinsed off and got out. I dried off waking in to what used to be my bed room. Now all the clothes in my drawers smelled like lavender from all of her candles. I slipped on a pair of boxers before a pair of sweatpants and a  tee shirt.
I could see the basement door open from the top of the steps. I made my way down the steps before the door bell rang.
"Y'all must be slow today I never get my food this fast." I grabbed some cash from stand by the door.
"Yeah hopefully it will pick up in an hour or so." The young delivery guy responded.
"Keep the change." I said paying him. I used my foot to close the door and made my way downstairs.
Tay made hisself at home. I sat the food down on the table in front of him.
"We had to break the store down shot too hot. Well, that's a lie it's just too many memories. Sooo I brought the laundry mat over on Baitmen street."
I grabbed the fried rice out of the bag before his hungry ass did.
"Memories?" I questioned. We had been working out of that store since we were corner boys working under Marcus and Nate. That store was the root of why we really started arguing. It was safe to say that it was all bad for me.
"Before In transferred to Lincoln from Jefferson I met E in that store. Had my first BJ there. Oh then the night she popped on me before Nate got jumped you was the first time I ate her pussy on his desk. She was pissed I stood her up. That's how she found out about me working with Marcus and Nate. That store was the first place I went after I found out about my mom. Where Emerald caught me cheating the first, third, and final time. Just memories... shit I want... need to forget." He stared at the wall while he strolled down memory lane. I could have took his life right then and there.
"Well I'll have one of my guys check the place out tomorrow." I ignored the rest of his stories about the store as i ate my food.
"Have you seen her?" He finally asked.
"The shipments are coming in east of the light house not west. Make sure you let ya boys know. We have one time to get this right." I finished up.
"Ya damn right! That's almost a $500,000 drop. But that wasn't my question." He looked at me like a lost puppy.
"Listen man you said some pretty nasty shit to her and to me. We tried to kill you? If you really believed that you would be sitting here. Ice got stomped out on the street for fucking someone's bitch. Did you know she drove past that shit how hurt she was that she didn't know and then you come at her like that AND put her out." My voice got louder with every word.
"If you were her would you speak to you?" I posed the perfect question.
"So She did meet you that night and you have seen her." He was obviously hurt.
"After you pulled that pregnancy shit I needed to see for myself."
"Can you tell her to talk to me Sloane please I..." I cut him off.
"Don't forget that boat is docking at 1am tomorrow." I felt my self getting even more angry. There is no need to try crawling back now.
"Where is she staying?" He completely ignored me.
"Look I'm sure that if she wants to see you she will." That was the only information he was getting out of me. It's sad that he couldn't figure it out.
"Now did you come over here to talk about her or this money?" Our business conversation picked up again.
Honestly if he really wanted to find her he could track her car or even her phone. Forget popped up on jobs I would pop up at the nail shop. If I really wanted to find her I could. I tracked her down once and I would do it a million times.
I guess that's the difference between us.