irl

i sat in the limo with the rest of the cast, and played with my fingers, nervously. i have never been to a Grammy Award Show, or ANY show.

"Babe. Calm down." Jack said, grabbing my hand, making me relax. "Babe?" Jeremy teased, me and Jack rolled our eyes, and ignored Jeremy.

"you'll be okay. ill be with you the whole night." Jack said, bringing my hand up to his mouth, and pressing a gentle kiss on it. I smiled at him, feeling my heart overload in pure happiness.

"they're so in love. look at them." chosen said, i turned my head in the direction of where Chosen was sitting, and glared at him. Jack pulled me closer to him, and sighed. "Just ignore them." He said, and I nodded, while resting my head on his shoulder while he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Hey Jack. Emma just texted me." Finn said, to Jack. Who's Emma?! I thought to myself, but kept quiet. "Isn't Emma, Jack's ex?" Sophia asked, and i ignored the feeling of jealously.

"yeah. but, i haven't talked to her in ages. finn what did she text you?" Jack said, while playing with my fingers.

"She said, Hey finn. How are you? I miss you and Jack, we definitely have to hang out again. Tell jack to text me asap and that was it." Finn said, and Jack nodded. "I miss Emma." Jack admitted, and that caused me to pull away from him, not really wanting to hear this right now.

jack probably likes her. why would he like me? I thought to myself, he kissed you riley, and he asked you to be his date tonight. That still didn't give me enough hope of him liking me, that kiss could've been just in the moment, and I'm sure he just asked me to be his date as friends.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I heard Jack say, trying to bring me closer to him. I shook my head, and sent him a small, fake smile. "I'm okay, just thinking that's all." I said, and noticed that Finn was looking at me in a I know you're not look.

I sent Finn a smile, and he smiled back, but still with the same look. "Okay, well why'd you pull away from me?" Jack asked, frowning. I shrugged, "just need some space, ya know? just nervous for tonight." I said, Sophia, Chosen and Jeremey gave me a weird look, knowing that I was lying but didn't say anything.

Jack nodded, and went on his phone. Probably going to text Emma. I thought to myself, i was once again pulled out of my thoughts by my phone buzzing in my hand and looked down to see a message from Finn.

Frogface: what's wrong? and don't lie to me, riley.
Riley: ill tell you when we're alone. i don't want to text you it.
Frogface: Okay, does it have something to do w jack tho?
Riley: Yeah.
Frogface: do u want to switch seats that you don't have to sit next to him?
Riley: no. I'm okay. thank u tho💕

I shut off my phone, and caught Finn looking at me. I sent Finn a smile, and he sent one back.

The limo came to a stop, and I sighed, shakily and nervously. Everyone started to get out of the car, and once I did, my eyes widened to see A LOT of flashes and people.

Jack immediately grabbed my hand, and we started walking. "It's okay, I got you." Jack whispered in my ear, and I smiled. I stood close to him as we walked.

We finally made it to red carpet and everyone stood there, taking pictures and talking to each other. "Move, move!" I heard a British voice yell, and I turned around, dropping Jack's hand. My eyes widened, and a wide smile spread to my face. "MILLIE." I exclaimed, as she tackled me into a hug. "Oh my gosh! You're so much gorgeous in person, and your dress and shoes and LOOK AT YOU! you're stunning." Millie rambled out, pulling away. "Millie, LOOK AT YOU! you look so gorgeous." I said.

She smiled, and jumped around, clapping her hands excitedly. "I can't believe that i finally get to meet you. Finn always tells me how funny and great you are!" Millie said, and I smiled. Can't wait to tease Finn.

"Millie, will you try to calm down?" Finn said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and kissed the top of her head.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited. I've been waiting forever to meet Riley!" She said, she was so adorable. new best friend right here.

Jack wrapped an arm around my waist, and greeted Millie. "Hey Millie. Good to see you again." Jack said, and Millie smiled. "Good to see you again, too."

"So, if you're here.. where is Noah, Gaten and Caleb?!" I asked, and right on cue, I saw them walking over.

"RILEY!" Noah yelled, running up to hug me. "Hi Noah!!" I said, hugging him back. I noticed that Jack left, somewhere but didn't worry too much. He probably went to the bathroom or something.

Next, Gaten gave me a hug, then Caleb. "It's so great to meet you guys, finally." I gushed, and smiled. "Yeah, we finally got to meet Jack's girlfriend." Caleb smirked, and I rolled my eyes. "Ha Ha, very funny." I said, sarcastically. We all laughed and started talking some more.

The show was about to start, so I decided to use the bathroom real quick. "Hey Millie? Where's the bathroom?" I asked her, she told me where it was and I thanked her.

On my way there, I heard a familiar voice. I walked closer to where the voice was coming from and stopped behind the door.

I saw jack and a girl talking, and she was being very touchy with him. next thing i know, they were kissing.

my heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach and my eyes stung, started to water. but I forcefully, held back my tears. I was so stupid to think that he actually saw something in me, other than a best friend.

i walked back to where everyone else was, forgetting about the bathroom. and sat down where we were supposed to sit. i sat in the middle of Finn and Millie, and stayed quiet, afraid if I said something, my voice would crack.

"hey, what's wrong, seriously?" finn asked, while turned towards me. knowing that he wasn't going to leave the subject alone, i decided to tell him.

"this morning, jack kissed me." i said, causing Finn's eyes to widen and start smiling, but stop once he saw I wasn't. "he kissed you! aren't you happy?" He asked, confused. "a few moments ago, i saw him kissing some other girl." i said, quietly. and finn frowned, while pulling me into a hug.

"im so sorry, riles. that's ridiculous that he would do that. do you want me to talk to him?" finn asked, and i shook my head, no. "let's just forget about it right now, and have some fun." I said, smiling a little. No need to be a downer on a great night.

jack came back right when the show started, when he saw that i wasn't going to be sitting next to him, he frowned while sitting next to finn. "finn. switch with me." jack whispered, and finn shook his head. "no, shush. the show is starting." finn said, causing jack to glare at finn.

i ignored jack's stare on me, and focused on miley cyrus talking. they played the nominee's for "best tv show." and stranger things was one of them.

"the best tv show award goes to.." miley trailed off, opening the card. "stranger things!" she exclaimed, and we all jumped up. "oh my gosh, I'm so proud of you guys." I said, hugging Finn, Millie, Noah and Caleb. The whole cast walked up on stage, and kindly took the award from Miley.

I notice that Jack moved into Finn's seat, and tried to talk to me. "not right now, jack. im listening." i said, not looking at him, but i can tell he was frowning.

"i want to thank everyone for your support and love. we really appreciate it. we love you guys. a special thanks to the duffer brothers and shawn levey. you guys are amazing and you made this happen. thank you." Finn said, and walked off the stage, back to his seat. jack moved quickly, into his seat and Finn sat down.

"so proud of you." i said, kissing Finn's cheek. i noticed jack clench his jaw, and cross his arms over his chest. jealous? why would he be.. he was just making out with some tramp in the hallway.

later that night, the IT cast won an award for the best movie in 2017. even though i was mad at jack, I hugged him and told him I was proud of him. he seemed happy as I said that.

but, not as happy as that other girl makes him, I bet. I thought to myself. stop doing this riley. get over it.