irl

"finn, I'm nervous." I whined, and laid my head on his lap. He chuckled, "you're gonna be just fine. you don't have to admit your feelings for him yet, but just let him know that it hurt that he kissed you, and then kissed another girl later on that night, as you were his date." he said, and i instantly smiled, "how about you tell him that for me!" i said, and he laughed, while shaking his head.

"no Riles, you can do it." He said. "Riley?" I heard Jack, and I panicked. "Shit, shit shit." I said, and finn started laughing, "calm down, you nut. just get out there." he said, opening his door and lightly pushing me out.

i walked to my room, and sat on my bed, patiently waiting for jack to find me.

"riley?" jack asked, while opened my bedroom door a little wider, and smiled once he saw me. "hey." i said, while standing up.

"hey, so what did you need to talk about?" he asked sitting on my bed, and i leaned against my vanity. I sighed, nervously. "jack. why did you kiss me?" i asked, causing his eyes to widen a little. "um, i guess i was just caught up in the moment?" he answered, "i really don't know, why? ." he asked.

"im just gonna come out and say it here. so you ask me to be your date to the Grammy's, then kiss me.. telling me you've been wanting to do that for awhile then later that night you're off making out with Emmy! Can you please explain?" I asked, annoyed.

Jack looked down, with a frown. "Riley, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to lead you on or anything like that. I wasn't even planning on seeing Emmy there, but when I saw her.. i just fell into a trap. i like her, Riley. a lot. im sorry for doing that to you, that's such a dick move." he said, but the only words that i heard was I like her, Riley. A lot.

"I just wanted an explanation. That's all, thank you for telling me." I said, with a fake smile. He smiled, "are we still best friends?" He asked, and I genuinely smiled. "Yeah." I said.

Jack hugged me, and kissed my cheek. "I missed you." He said, "I missed you too." I said. I like her, Riley. A lot. Those words still stuck in my head, causing my heart to shatter.