Mason (Chapter 5)

- Brie's POV -

Yesterday was such a strange day with what happened between Colby and I. Did he like me? Or was he just playing around? Ugh this boy was so confusing. I turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around me, humming to 'Be my baby - The Ronettes.' 

I came out of the bathroom with my hair braided in a cropped pink top with matching pyjama bottoms, of course Sam was gone but Colby was here lying on the bed with his phone in hand staring me down. 

'What?' I said he always would look me up and down with this stupid judgemental look. I could never tell what he was thinking it frustrated me. 

'Nothing.' He smirked, getting up from the bed standing face to face with me. Well not face to face he was a lot taller than me so it was more like face to chest.

'No, seriously what?' 

'Nothing it's just that you look really hot.' I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks. 

'Colby you know you're not exactly funny and you're not going to-' He cut me off with his lips. He pressed them against mine so forcefully, as he wrapped his arms around my waist lifting me off the ground I wrapped my legs around his waist as I kissed back. He placed me on the bed still kissing me when my phone starting to ring. 

'I need to take this.' I said as he started to trail down kissing my neck. I looked at my phone it was Kasey. Shit I forgot we were having another movie night. 

'I have to go I promised Kasey I would see her tonight, it's movie night.' I explained to Colby he stopped kissing me.

'Ughh.' He looked kind of mad which I couldn't help but smirk. I got up and put on my pink fluffy slides and headed for the door

'Wait, I'm coming with you.' Colby said as he hopped to the door while trying to put on a shoe. I giggled. 

'Ok if you can handle two girls and a very girly movie.' I joked.

I knocked on Kasey's cabin as she swung the door open she was wearing a skin tight nightie. 

'Hey, Colby wanted to come I hope that's cool.' I told Kasey as I walked into the cabin. 

'Damn, you pyjamas are sexy.' Colby said flirtatiously who was still at the door chatting to Kasey. 

'Thanks, if you're lucky I let you take it off later.' She giggled back. Wow, Colby was the definition of an asshole. I mean it wasn't like he was making out with me just ten minutes ago. 

'So, what movie are we watching?' I asked with obvious annoyance in my tone. 

'Dirty Dancing.' She replied quickly as her and Colby made there way to the couch her positioning her head on Colby's lap. 

'Cool.' I replied turning the kettle on to make a hot chocolate. 

By the time the movie was finished Kasey was fast asleep on Colby's lap. I hadn't looked or spoke to Colby for the whole movie I was so mad but what could I do? It's not like we are a thing.  

'Wow, that movie was better than I expected.' Colby said through a yawn. 

'Mm.' I said shortly, by this point I was sure he could tell I was pissed. 

'Oh come on, it's just Kasey. It's not like I actually like her.' He said. Was he trying to be reassuring? He had been flirting with her the whole night now all of a sudden he 'didn't like her.' What a douche bag. 

'Yeah, right that's why you were flirting with her right? You know it's pity she fell asleep you could've gotten such a nice sloppy bj.' I could tell those words shocked Colby they actually shocked me too. I couldn't believe what I just said especially to Colby the one guy I genuinely liked.

'Brie wait.' He called after me as I hurried out of the cabin. I was such an idiot to fall for him. I threw on a hoodie grabbed my sketch pad and went for a walk I needed to clear my mind I found a quiet area and began to sketch. 

'Wow, that's really good.' I turned around to a brunette smiley boy looking at my art. I quickly shut my book and smiled as I wiped away the tear from under my eye.

'Are you ok?' I nodded I really did not want to speak but I knew from the start this boy was going to make me. 

'I'm Mason by the way, so why is a beautiful girl like you crying especially here?' He seemed so sweet and genuine. 

'I'm Brie.' I said with a smile. 'And it was just another boy playing with a my emotions.' 

That night was the best night Mason and I talked for hours. He was such an amazing guy and had heaps of crazy stories. I knew Mason and I were bound to be good friends. 

- Colby's POV -

'Hey have you seen Brie?' I asked Sam as soon as got in the door. 

'Uh no, why?' 

'We got into an argument and she ran off somewhere and I haven't seen her since.' I was concerned for Brie earlier I came across like I didn't give a shit about her when I started flirting with Kasey. Why am I such a dick? 

'An argument? What about?' Sam asked. I began to explain how we made out and then I flirted with Kasey and what she said to me when Kasey fell asleep. 

'Woah, that's a lot to take in. You were getting it on with Brie? She actually has a voice? Did Kasey actually give you a bj?' He bombarded me with questions. 

'Slow down. Yeah I was getting it on with Brie, I actually think I like her a lot and yeah she has a voice Sam.' I laughed. 'Oh and no Kasey didn't give me a bj because I put her bed.' 

I stayed awake most of that night. I couldn't Brie's beautiful green eyes and her perfect blonde hair out of my mind. She was so perfect, yet so mysterious. I heard the bedroom door creek open. 

'Brie?' 

'Omg what?' She snapped. Wow, I didn't know she could be like this. 

'Can we talk outside for a minute?' 

'Whatever.' 

- Brie's POV - 

Colby began questioning me. Where were you? I thought you had ran away blah blah blah. He was so annoying I was so tired I couldn't take it anymore. 

'OK, I WENT TO A QUIET PLACE AND SKETCHED THEN I MET A REALLY HOT GUY NAMED MASON WHO WAS GENUINELY NICE AND WE TALKED FOR A WHILE, HAPPY?' Wow I haven't yelled in over a year I was never really that type of person. What had gotten into me? 

'I was just worried.' Colby said softly. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. I ended up feeling really bad. 

A/N 

So Brie finds Mason will she date him or stick with Colby?