Quinn, (Chapter 41.)

'Brennen,' I sighed. 'What are you doing here?' 

I looked at him, I was willing to bet he came here for me or Colby. My eyes were still red but I had stopped crying so that's a plus I guess. 

'Umm-a- Are you alright you look like you've been crying?' He looked genuinely concerned and he reached out to touch my arm, I immediately stepped back avoiding the contact. 

'I'm fine.' I snapped through gritted teeth, I must look like a complete idiot standing here McDonald's in my hand and red puffy eyes from crying. 

'Did you and Colby break up?' He blurted out, his eyes glinted with hope, but I crushed it with a scrunched up expression. 

'No of course not!' I spat back, but I had a sinking feeling in my gut.

'Sorry, it's just that you know..' He began 'Crying girl, McDonald's...' 

'Shut up!' I said pushing him lightly and receiving a quick smirk in return. 'So why are you here?' 

I spoke my calmly my voice had gone back to normal and I wasn't being so anxious and jumpy.

'To speak to you.' He bit his lip nervously and I let out a shaky breath. I dragged my palm across my forehead and onto the back of my hair. I began to walk pat him bumping into his firm chest a little. 

'Look Brennen, I'll talk to you someone other time! Text me or something!' I called behind as I headed to my door, I really couldn't be bothered talking at the moment especially with the emotions I was bottling up.

'Wha- Brie you blocked my number!' Brennen sighed. 

'DM me!' I yelled shakily on the verge of tears, swinging open my front door and quickly slamming it behind me. I slid against the cool door and let the tears fall down my cheeks. I don't know why I was so worked up about this, I had been there with Colby through so much and he was just going to flirt with a girl like that in front of me. I wasn't overreacting right?? 

It was Colby's fault. I wouldn't be upset if Colby hadn't of gone and flirted in front of my face. I stomped over to the kitchen and scoffed. Why didn't I just get rid of Colby? If I just dumped him I wouldn't have Brennen hanging around I wouldn't be in danger and I wouldn't get my feelings hurt so easily! 

SMASH!  

'Fuck.' I muttered staring at the broken glass scattered across my kitchen floor. I began to cry again. I knew I couldn't ever dump Colby, he meant to much to me. 

I stomped across the room to get my broom to sweep up the glass so I wouldn't stand on any and create more chaos. It was early hours in the morning and all my lights were on and my blinds were open. I assumed no one was awake but if they were they would clearly be able to see my mental breakdown.

I was sweeping when I heard a soft knock at the door, I sighed and placed my broom assuming it was Brennen I stomped over to the front door. I swung the door open.

'Brennen I swear to go-' I felt my face flush with pink. Instead stood a tall brown haired, brown eyed boy. I'd never seen him before which confused me, he look so exhausted. His under eyes had deep bags and he gave a loose smile. He was wearing grey sweatpants a loose fitting black t-shirt and white socks. Strange. 'Sorry, I thought you were some guy..' 

'No problem.' He smiled flashing his pearly white teeth. 'I'm Quinn.' 

He offered me a hand and I shook it nervously looking down and twirling my fingers. 

'Quinn?' I repeated not realising how stupid I sounded he laughed casually and shoved his hands his pockets. 

'Yeah Quinn, I live downstairs.' He began and my eyes widened I had been so loud. 

'I didn't realise someone lived there yet.' I bit the corner of my lip. 

'Uh yeah I moved in quite a while ago actually..and I can hear sorta everything..' We made awkward eye contact, before he continued. 'So um are you okay.' 

'Yeah.' I squeaked forcing a smile onto my face. He raised his eyebrows at me. 

'Are you sure?' I bit my lip as he stared straight through me, I felt the tears welling up inside of me and I shook my head. 

'No.' I croaked before letting my emotions get the best of me. 

A/N 

Hey lovelies xx

Sorry I'm taking so long to posts now days I'll try be onto it soon 

Don't forget to vote and comment!

xx