Cheetos (Chapter 71.)

"Oh he left, we kinda got into an argument." Colby said plainly. I walked over to the kitchen.
Opening the cupboards looking for food but as per usual I had none.
"Over what?" I asked my back to Colby as I reached up on my tippy toes to reach the top cupboard in hopes that there was food, there wasn't. I groaned and heard Colby chuckle behind me.
"Ah well." Colby answered I turned around to see him scratching his neck awkwardly. "It was kind of about you."
I couldn't help but roll my eyes remembering the conversation I heard.
"Come on let's get groceries. You can tell me about it on the way." I smiled
"Okayy." Colby sighed.
"Your driving." I said quickly throwing my keys to him which he surprisingly caught.

I sat in the shopping cart leaning out every so often to grab the food I wanted, raising my eyebrows occasionally at his completely over exaggerated story about his and Quinn's argument. I had come to the conclusion that Colby had no idea that he hurt me emotionally and that he was really just oblivious to it all. Which I didn't mind him not understanding I could act as if it still didn't bother me even though it secretly did. I just don't know why he did it that's all. I mean out of all girls he could've kissed he kissed fucking her. 
"Brie?" Colby asked snapping me out of my daze. "Were you listening?"
I gave a small smile
"Yeah of course."
Just then my phone pinged, I pulled it out of the pocket of my red pants. It was Quinn.

Okay can we pleaseee go to the beach tmrw? Xx

I grinned down at my phone it was supposed to be super hot so I was definitely down.

Hell yeah!!

I replied quickly before shutting my phone off and returning to the conversation.
"Who was that?" Colby asked.
"Quinn." I replied. Colby leaned on the shopping cart squinting at me.
"Do you like him?" He asked so seriously I burst out laughing. I immediately stopped when I saw that Colby wasn't laughing along he was still serious.
"No." I began starting to grin. "Why are you losing sleep over this?"
"No!" Colby snapped. "I was just wondering."
I widened my eyes. Okayyy, I probably shouldn't have said that.  An awkward silence filled the air. I leaned over to grab a bag of cheetos only 3 other bags fell on the floor.
"Shit." I mumbled, heading to get out the shopping cart.
"It's all good I've got it." Colby said although he sounded kinda pissed off.
"Thanks." I said biting down hard on my bottom lip. I watched as a girl appeared at the start of the aisle, she looked familiar she was eyeing Colby. Suddenly she gasped.
"Colby is that you!!" She squealed, Colby immediately stood up straight his back still facing her. He mouthed 'fuck' before turning around and facing her.
"Georgia hey!" He exclaimed pretending to be excited. Even though it was obvious he didn't want to talk to her but she couldn't tell. She leaned in for hug, I tilted my head at the awkward interaction going on in front of me and tried not to giggle. Finally they broke away.
"Um I don't know if you two met but this is Brie my uh..friend." Colby said scratching his neck nervously making brief eye contact with me. Great thanks Colby, put me in your awkward situation. I gave a small smile and sunk down into the shopping cart only then I realised Colby still had 3 bags of cheetos in his hands and I smirked. I didn't even realise Georgia's eyes were still lingering on me in a way a didn't like. Colby was still talking while stuffing the bags back onto the shelf. Before I even realised I was being pushed away and Georgia was walking in the opposite direction.
"She is everywhere I swear." Colby said starting the conversation as if it wasn't awkward before she came. She still looked familiar but I couldn't remember where I had seen her.
"Right, who is she again?" I said trying to play it off casually although it didn't work.
"Uhh," Colby stalled for a second. "Remember Quinn threw a tomato at her in that restaurant one time."
Then it all came flooding back. Georgia's Colby's ex, the one he hooked up with as soon as we broke up. Also the one that Quinn threw a cherry tomato at, not on purpose though.
"Oh right. Quinn was trying to hit me not her." I said quickly.
Colby just shrugged. We went back to the awkward silence again, I hated it but I had no idea what to say as per usual.
"Anyway Quinn I hate him." Colby continued. "I don't understand why he has to be all up in my face like he knows what's going on in my life."
I listened to Colby's rant even though it was all the same stuff and didn't make much sense to me. Quinn was sweet like all the time and he wouldn't hurt anyone and he doesn't want to see anyone hurt I guess Colby was just the opposite.

Sorry I took so long to update wtf is wrong with me anyway I hope you enjoyed and

Don't forget to vote and comment Xx ❤️