Brunch (Chapter 76.)

4 days later-

I slapped green paint onto the canvas hearing it slosh into the canvas calmed me. Today, even though it was only 10:00 am had already been better than yesterday.

Yesterday was Mum's funeral, it was one of the hardest moments of my life. Everyone was there from Loey and Colby to middle aged women I've never met. Both Noah and I knew that none of them were Mums actual friends because Mum never had friends over. Every time someone came over to hug Noah and I telling us how sorry they are for us, we would just give each other the look as if we were saying 'yeah whatever.' It felt like the 3 hour funeral dragged on forever, I was so thankful that Colby stuck with me the whole time but he left after the funeral.

I had spent the rest of the day and night practically staring at the wall just feeling numb, Noah went to the basketball courts to burn off some steam I didn't see him again till about 9:00am this morning.

I was truly worried about Noah, he been going to therapy three times a week. But I still wasn't sure if he was okay, he always clammed up when I tried to talk to him about nearly everything. He didn't seem to be sleeping either, and I was going to send him back to school on Monday. Maybe that would help him.

Loey had been good to me too. Well as good as Loey gets, she bought me ice cream and we talked about me for ten or so minutes but that subject quickly changed to her and her new apartment out here and LA. It felt good though, for Loey to not sympathise me because everyone else was and it made me feel like a child. I was happy that Loey talked to me like she usually did because it made me feel less like a sob story.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone began to vibrate, again. I looked down and saw a goofy picture of Quinn smooshing his cheeks together on my home screen. I ignored his call like I had been since Sunday when I saw and spoke to him last. That was the third call I had gotten in the past thirty minutes. Two from Quinn and one from Colby. I sighed and went back to my painting.

The painting was coming together thankfully even though the past week had been an ongoing mental breakdown. Mary said she had wanted the painting finished in a week today and with any luck I'd be finished before then.

I decided to take a break and go to the kitchen sink to clean my hands and brushes. I watched blankly as the greens, whites, blacks and greys swirled their way down the drain. I pumped two pumps of translucent pink hand soap into the palm of my hands. I started washing my hands lightly until I was scrubbing harder and harder till the point my hands bleed. I watched for a second as a small trail of blood dropped down my hand before pushing it under the running water once more. I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket again. Seriously? Was Quinn calling again?

I was too caught up in my own thoughts while drying my hands until three loud bangs came from my apartment door, I sighed and heaved open the heavy door. The most least suspected person was standing on the opposite side of the door.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"Oh? That's all I get?" He replied.

"You know if you came here to kill me or kidnap me to get to Colby it's not going to work. Remember we're broken up? And it's not like he even cares about me or what's going to happen to m-"

"Brie I just came to talk." Brennen said cutting me off.

"Talk? About what?" I replied quickly. Last time I really even heard about Brennen he was threatening to hurt me over text messages. 

"About Colby." He lips pressed into a thin line and he looked dead serious.

"Righttt." I said kind of awkwardly. "Ah we can talk in here if you want?"

I rubbed the back of neck awkwardly and opened the door wider but only slightly.

"Have you ate yet?" Brennen asked making eye contact with me for a split second which instantly made me uncomfortable. I shook my head and locked eyes with the ground.

"Well then let's go get breakfast, ah lunch.. or brunch or whatever." He said trying to think of the right words which made me crack a smirk.

"Ah sure I guess."

Ooo do you think Brie should of gone with Brennen? Let me know in the comments!! Anyways

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️
Xx