Something about you (Chapter 14.)

- Brie's POV -

I sat in the waiting room of the bland hospital. I watched the clock slowly ticked away, I hated hospitals it just reminds me of my father and the car accident that killed him. A piece of me died with him that day was horrible, I watched my mothers heart rip in two. I blinked back the tear that was trying to escape my eye. 

I waited for an hour until finally a doctor came. I stood immediately as did Sam. 

'Are you here for Colby Brock?' He asked 

'Yeah, is he okay?' Sam asked as he stress fully tugged his hands through his hair. 

'The knife didn't hit any of Colby's organs, but he did lose a lot of blood and the knife wasn't clean at all. You did the right thing by covering his wound as much as you could.' The doctor said matter of factly. I looked down at my hands they were covered in Colby's blood I felt the tears spring out of my eyes. 'As of right now, Colby is undergoing surgery we will clean and stitch his wound it will take an hour but Colby is going to be fine. I suggest you two go home and get some rest.' The doctor turned to leave, I looked at Sam he was trying not to cry, I gave him a hug and cried into his chest.

'This is my fault.' I said quietly as I chewed my lip. If I hadn't of yelped or even if I had just stopped Colby from going closer to that scumbag of a man! Sam and I had been sitting in silence for an hour.

'Don't say that Brie, you wouldn't of been able to stop him anyway. He felt so bad about Mason you know? He made a promise he wouldn't let anyone else hurt you.' Sam stared at the ground not breaking eye contact with the floor. 'There something about you Brie, something that he fucking loves.' Of course I was crying again I turned to face Sam who was still looking at the ground. 

'Then why couldn't I stop him.' I cried, Sam broke eye contact with the floor and looked at me, I was a right state. Sam didn't say anything he just stared like he was trying to figure something out. I stared straight back until the doctor walked back in. 

'The surgery was successful!' The doctor smiled. I let out a sigh of relief. 'Colby should wake soon you're welcome to go see him now if you like.' 

- Colby's POV -

I struggled to open my eyes they felt like they were glued shut. I woke a with an over exaggerated yawn, Brie was holding my hand.

'Hi Brie!' I smiled I was so excited to see Brie but she looked sad her eyes were red. 

'Hi Colby.' She giggled. She was so cute but she was sad.

'Why are you sad?' I pouted at her making her giggle again. 

'Because you gave me a fright Colby.' She smiled. I don't know how I scared her couldn't remember much but I felt great. 

'But I feel great! Like I feel high!' I said as I waved my free hand all over the place. She started giggling uncontrollably.

'That's because you're under general anesthesia Colby. Once your medicine wears off, you feel sore and you'll remember what happened, so for now you'll have to be quiet and try not to move or you'll hurt your stomach.' She squeezed my hand gently as she smiled. I looked down at my stomach confused I was wearing a white hospital gown. 

'We're in a hospital!?' I shouted making Brie laugh but quickly shushing me. I rolled my round to my right side feeling so drugged up. Sam was sleeping in a red chair. 

'Oh hey Sam!' I yelled unable to control the volume of my voice, Brie squeezed my hand again.

'Colby, be quiet there are other people here too.' She said as I laughed. 

'Oops.' I smiled as I lay on my pillow, I slowly let my eyes close again. 

- Brie's POV -

Colby had been drifting in and out of consciousness as the drugs were still strong in his system.  Sam had been filming all the crazy nonsense. 

Colby woke again but this time grumpy and in pain the anesthesia must've worn off. He groaned.

'Hey Colbs.' I said as gently as possible. I got a grunt in reply, I looked across the bed at Sam who'd got up to get the doctor. The doctor told us that Colby would be in and out of consciousness but when we thought the anesthesia had worn off to page him. 

Colby let out another groan and rolled his head to look at me. I felt so bad for him he must've been in so much pain. I tried to hold myself together I could feel the tears springing into my eyes, until they rolled down my cheeks. 

'I'm fine, we're fine.' He said as he squeezed my hand a little. The last time he said that he was stabbed in the stomach by a homeless man. I nodded looking at him through my blurry tears.

'I know Colbs, you just gave me such a fucking fright.' He smiled

'Were you telling the truth when you said you loved me?' He said with a huge grin. I thought he was unconscious when I said told him that. I nodded and bit my lip.

'Good.' He smiled 'Because I was too.'