Rose gold (Chapter 42.)

Quinn stared at me wide-eyed. 

'No wonder you were bloody crying, I would die under the pressure you have,' He was staring into thin air in disbelief while sprawled across my couch. I giggled, at his reaction to my life story. I told him everything and it had really helped he listened and listened to my crying and about Brennen and Colby and their drama's. 'But for real, Colby has a problem he can't do that right IN FRONT of you.' 

I sighed, maybe I wasn't overreacting. 'Yeah, I suppose but what do I do. I mean he has three broken fucking ribs for god sakes and it's my fault.' 

It was so easy to open up to Quinn and I was really glad he'd came up. It was 6:00 am and we'd been talking since 4:00. 

'Brie, it's not your fault. Colby made the decision to get himself into this not you.' He explained before ruffling my hair, making me scrunch my nose up. 

'Yeah but it was over me, if I hadn't of went over to Brennen's just to yell at him.' I argued back. 

'Shut uppppppp.' He whined throwing a pillow at me. It was strange how close we'd gotten considering we been friends for only 2 hours, I was never this open not even to Colby. 

'What do I do?' I complained before getting an answer straight away, not from Quinn but the ping of my phone. I starred at it and it said Colby. 

'Is that him?' Quinn asked anxiously, before leaning over my shoulder to peak. 

'Calm down.' I exaggerated. 

'Well is it?' He blinked, and I bit my lip. 

'Yes.' I grinned knowing I was teasing him. 

'Oh come on!' He said taking the phone out of my hand. 

'Give it back!' I whined as he read the message out loud. 

'Hey babe,' He said in a funny voice mocking Colby. 'I'm really sorry about before.'

He paused before returning back to his normal tone. 'That's it? Jesus you've got a charmer.' 

I laughed at his sarcastic joke and I'll admit it was kind of a short insincere apology. I shrugged at him not realising he still had my phone. 

'Are you usually a fast replier?' He asked raising an eyebrow. 

'Umm yes.' I replied slowly giving Quinn a suspicious look. 

'Good we'll leave him on seen.' He smiled before turning my phone off and placing my rose gold iPhone on the glass table. Moments later a second ping came from the table. He picked it up. 

'Pass code?' He asked raising an eyebrow. 

'116321.' I said bluntly, as I watched Quinn type it in. 

'Brie?' He mimicked Colby making me giggle. 

'What should we do next Mr. I'm the best at texting boys?' I with a stupid grin spread across my face. '

'Hmm, dunno guess we'll have to leave him on seen again.' I nodded along with his suggestion. Moments later my phone was vibrating. Colby was calling now. 

'Put it on speaker.' Quinn quickly said before I answered. 

'Colby, what do you want?' I sighed through the phone. 

'To talk.' He snapped. 'Am I on speaker?' 

'Yes,' I replied not trying to deny it and glancing up at Quinn. 'Why are you so shitty?' 

'Why am I on speaker?' He snapped again avoiding my question. 

'Because Colby I'm painting.' I looked at Quinn and he mouthed You Paint? at me I nodded and glanced back at the phone again. 

'Why? Its 6 in the fucking morning.' 

'Colby chill out!' I finally yelled. 

'Why?' He spat back, I took a deep breath before returning calmly back to the call.

'I'm not dealing with this.' I said blankly before hanging up only to receive texts seconds later, I sighed. 

'Man he seems like work.' Quinn said quietly unsure if I was upset or not. 

'He's never acted like that before.' My phone was pinging so much that I had to mute it. 

'Come on,' Quinn said hoping out of his seat and holding out his hand. I took it reluctantly. 

'Where are we going?' I asked frowning at him. 

'To get breakfast.' He replied pulling me by my hand off of my sofa. 

'What about Colby?' I said looking at the rose gold phone sitting face down on the coffee table. 

'Just forget about him for a while,' Quinn, smiled his warm loose smile at me. 'Now do you want to walk or drive?' 

'Hmm, I'll go with walk, it'll be nice out this morning but I'll have to get changed.' I was in my pyjama shorts my pink ones and I had a baggy black t-shirt on with it. 

'Nooo you won't. You're fine like that. Plus you'd take forever to get ready.'  He grinned before pulling me out the door and into the empty hall. 

A/N

Oo, who is Quinn? Is he a new lover? 

You'll have to wait and see. Also I really want to know if you want me to bring back Colby POV that would help out a bunch x 

Don't forget to vote and comment 

xx