"I don't think I can do this." (Chapter 75.)

I just wanna say thank you to everyone who votes and comment you all warm my heart <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stepped into the house I used to call home. The only sound my footsteps followed by Noah's. Colby went home, for good this time.  I breathed in the air, my breath shaky. Could I do this? 

Noah headed straight for his room, leaving me behind in the foyer. My mind wandered as I walked around the house and through the kitchen. Everything still seemed lived in.  I glanced to my left and on the cream kitchen island, it was a family photo. My Dad was smiling showing his teeth with his arm around my mother who's short blonde bob was being pushed around by the wind. Noah was just a little short blonde boy sitting on his toddler bicycle, and I was in a pink dress my blonde also pushing across my face. 

I small smile spread across my face as I looked down at the photo. My Mum had a genuine smile on her face one I hadn't seen in years. Before I could help tears were slipping down my cheeks and onto the photo, I was going into full breakdown mode. The tears kept on slipping until my vision went blurry. 

It was all coming into reality, last night I could pretend it wasn't real being home but here in her house it all hit me in the face. Mum was gone. Dad was gone. The only person I had left was Noah.  

I slid against the kitchen island covering my mouth with the back of my hand to keep the sobs in, with my spare hand I clutched the cool photo frame to my chest holding on for dear life. Tears kept spilling out my eyes. I heard Noah coming down the old wooden stair case and I quickly wiped my eyes and stood up. 

"Brie?" Noah asked. I did a quick sniff and spun around on the balls of my feet. 

"Yeah?" I asked trying to sound as normal as possible, although my throat croaked and it was an obvious indication that I had been crying. Noah cocked his head to the side like I did sometimes. 

"Are- are you okay?" He said taking some time to reply. As if deciding what he was going to say. I wiped under my eye quickly with my index finger. 

"Yeah, are you?" I said shakily while placing the photo face down on the kitchen island. Noah eyed the photo suspiciously for a second before meeting my eyes once more. Noah nodded slowly as an answer to my question. Noah came to meet me in the kitchen walking around the kitchen table a confused look crossed my face until he embraced me into a hug. At first it shocked me Noah he never been the person to hug first or too even hug back, only when he was super upset. But I hugged him back it was nice to have someone comfort me but still truly understand the pain. 

"I don't think I can do this." Noah whispered after a long moment of silence. I knew what he meant and I immediately pushed my way out of his grip. 

"Noah you're the only I have left in this world." I said staring into his empty sad eyes. I had to get him some help immediately. 

Noah's POV

I sat on a pinkish red sofa in front of a woman with brown hair pinned up in a bun, a few strands f hair had fallen but the lady didn't seem to mind. 

It was a Monday morning and I would even rather be at school than here in therapy. I was sleepy, I had been lacking sleep lately, every time I closed my eyes I would just see the imagine of Mum surrounded in her blood unconscious on the floor. Or yesterday Brie and I went into her old room to clear out a couple of things and her bathroom door was cracked open, and the dried dark red substance was splattered on the floor. A tingle went up my spine. 

"By the way I'm only coming here for my sister." I spoke, I guess what I said yesterday really worried her. 'I don't think I can do this.'  I didn't mean anything by it, did I? 

"Why?" The therapist said knocking me out of my dazed thoughts. I watched as she scribbled something down on her notebook, I wondered what she was writing about me. 

"Because she's worried about me." I replied blandly keeping my eyes strictly on her paper. 

"What happened to make her worried about you?" She asked, I narrowed my eyes at her. She had thick bulky glasses that made her brown eyes appear smaller.

"You already know" I growled. The therapist continued to look at me blankly my snappiness didn't even startle her. Maybe she needs a therapist, I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes. 

"I know about your Mother yes, but tell me what really made you come today?" I groaned I had already answered this stupid question. 

"Brie." I replied as I shuffled in the chair, I just wanted to get out of the bright room. It hurt my head just to be in here. It had a bright pinkish read chair which I was sitting on with a matching one for the therapist, Dr Evans. The walls were covered in frames with greens, yellows, oranges, pinks and reds.  There was even a fish tank with ugly colourful fish. 

"Yes you mentioned before she was worried about you is this just because of your Mother?" Dr Evans said coolly, only pissing me off. She was asking the same questions over and over. I sighed. 

"Yeah because I found her and I said some stuff yesterday." I mumbled. I looked down at my chewed finger nails, it was a bad habit I picked up from my Dad when I was young. 

"What did you say yesterday Noah?" Dr Evans said softly, I refused to look up at her knowing I would spill more than I intended too if I made eye contact. 

"Stupid stuff I didn't mean." I said louder than expected, I looked up at her. "Are we done here?"

"Unfortunately Noah you have to deal with me for another 30 minutes." She smiled, I let out a loud groan and sank down into the seat. Dr Evans let out a small chuckle. I didn't think I could deal with this torture therapy twice a week. 

Thanks for reading, 

Don't forget to vote and comment Xx