Salads and skaters (Chapter 53.)

I played with my fork in my salad, slowly chewing on a bit of leaf like a cow,
'Brieeee!' Quinn waved his hand in front of my face, I looked up with a small frown on my face. He laughed at me. 'Ah there she is!'
'Ah, here I am.' I joked back with him, swallowing the grinded lettuce and putting my fork through a cherry tomato. Quinn, put on his serious face and looked into my eyes
'Seriously babes what's wrong?' I sighed he could always get anything out of me and he did just that.
'Well on Colby's instagram,' I began 'he had a photo of him snuggled up next to some chick saying reunited with a bloody heart and ugh I don't know.'
I dropped my fork into the bowl my salad was sitting in and bit my lip, I don't know why I was so worked up. Colby and I were over, but he moved on pretty quick didn't he? I mean I could never do that not ever. Like Jesus Colby.
'Oh, so you still like him?' Quinn smirked, raising an eyebrow at me. I threw my napkin at him he always joked around like this, idiot.
'Well of course I do, it's been like 10 days Quinn.' I said smirking back, picking my fork back up and popping to cherry tomato in my mouth.
'Damn! You're counting too.' He exclaimed pretending to be surprised, I rolled my eyes and laughed with him.
'Shh,' I said pressing my index finger to my lips, just as we were joking around the little bell at the top of the entrance in the tiny shop we were in ringed, indicating that someone had came in. I didn't think much of it and still played around with Quinn, he even flung a piece of food at me.
'Oh my god, Quinn!' I said as I watched the olive roll across the floor and stop at the girl that just walked in's feet. I looked up at her making contact with her blue eyes. Shit.
'Oh sorry!' Quinn, exclaimed smiling. 'It was meant to hit her.'
The girl just folded her arms looked us up and down in disgust, before flicking her long silky brown hair to meet up with the boy she came with. Once she was gone I turned around in my seat again to face Quinn my eyes were wide.
'What?' He said rather loudly before I shushed him again this time not joking, I lowered down on the table to get closer to him and Quinn followed my actions my mouth was next his ear and I whispered;
'That's the chick in Colby's photo.' I said before leaning back against my seat to catch his reaction, I had my back faced to her so I didn't know if she was with Colby or not.  Quinn's eyes went wide and I smirked at him, he leaned  to his left a little so he could scope out the girl. He stared for a little before quickly looking away and at me I frowned at him.
'Colby, caught me.' He said through gritted teeth. I grinned at him.
'Good one egg.' I said before continuing to eat my salad. Colby knew I was here and I knew he was. I could feel the tension in the restaurant, since it was pretty small it was only us in the restaurant and it was absolutely horrible, finally Quinn and I were ready to leave, we stood up to pay. As we made our way over Colby got up too, I assume to order or something. He came up casually, then we locked eyes. His electric eyes made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, without knowing I grabbed Quinn's wrist for some security or something stupid.
'Hey Brie,' Colby said causally as if we were friends, I smiled at him feeling my shyness creeping up on me again. 'Ah gone all shy now.'
He beamed a smile at me flashing his pearly whites, why was he acting so weird. I gave a small nod. But honestly I was acting different too, being shy and stuff. 
'So,' Colby said awkwardly shuffling his feet like he did, 'New boyfriend?'
He locked eyes with my hand that was wrapped around Quinn's wrist, which again was turning white I loosened the grip a little.
'Could say the same to you,' I snapped back, as I was a little hurt that he could think I could move on so quickly. I gave a glance towards the girl. He gave me a small shrug, that actually caused a pain in my chest. Even if he did move on why admit it?
'Well we have to go now so I'll see you around I guess.' I said kind of awkwardly, but turned away and picked up the skateboard that was next to our table and made a beeline to the door. Before I left I heard the girl speak;
'Colbs who was that?' She said in an attempted cute girl. Wow now that I think about it, I really wasn't Colby's type. No wonder he got bored of me.

Ah, okay I think I know how I want this book to end but I'm not sure yet. Anyways do you think Quinn and Brie are cute together or not?
Don't forget to vote and comment
Xx