Alcohol Breath (Chapter 23.)

It was 1 am and I was washing off a face mask in the bathroom, I've been having trouble sleeping so why not stay up all night? 

As I was applying the last of my facial moisturiser I heard my door bell go off; Ding Dong!               What the fuck? I thought to myself as I shuffled along the cold wooden floors of my apartment and towards the matte black door.

 As I pried the squeaky door open I heard heavy breathing from behind, when I peaked through the door my jaw dropped completely. 

'How'd you get my address?' I asked staring into the green eyes of a brunette boy with blond highlights. 

'Remember when we all went to lunch?' Brennen said throwing his arms out. 

'Right well are you okay?' I asked concern lacing through my voice. Even if he did hate me I would still help him. Brennen came closer to me, I could smell the alcohol on his breath. 

'Come in Brennen.' I spoke softly 'I'll get you some water.' 

I watched as he released all of his energy onto the couch. I slipped into the kitchen, the cold white tiles sending chills up my spine I reached for a glass and filled it. As I came back through with the glass of water Brennen was half asleep sprawled out like a cat on the black leather couch. 

'Brennen.' I said twirling the glass in my hand. 'Here drink some water.' 

He willingly took the glass and took one big gulp before setting it down harshly on the coffee table.

 'A-are you okay? Why are you here?' I stuttered slightly, as he was being harsh. He sloppily shrugged at me as I watched him intensely for an answer. 

'I dunno. You're reliable I guess.' I bit the inside of my cheek, I thought he hated me now I am reliable, what was with him? 

'Okayy.' I said dragging out the word awkwardly. 'I'll be back in a sec.' 

I hopped off the leather couch and grabbed my phone immediately calling Colby I walked into my bedroom as the ringer dragged out. 

'Hello?' Said a groggy voice. 

'Hey, sorry did I wake you?' I asked chewing my lip whilst pacing beside my baby pink feature wall. 

'Yeah, you okay?' He spoke calmly. 

'Umm, well yeah but Brennen's here and I think he might be drunk.' I said almost in a whisper so Brennen wouldn't hear. 

'Brennen? How'd he get your address?' I smiled that was the first thing I thought too. 

'Lunch apparently. So what should I do?' 

'Keep him there I'll be over in 20.' He spoke I could hear him shuffling around.

'Okay bye.' 

'Bye babe.' The line went dead. 

                                                                                                    ***

ding dong

Brennen sprung awake shocked at the door bell, but still in a drunken state making me giggle. I got up and scurried to the door in my panda slippers, it was at least 2 am. 

I swung open the door to reveal a very tired looking Colby, he let out a sigh. 

'Where is he?' He sounded so worn out. I felt bad that I had called him so late at night. 

'Couch.' I said closing the cold door and following his lead into the living room. 

'Hey, Brennen.' He spoke maybe a little too harsh I slipped my hand into his hoping to calm him a little. 'What are you doing here?' 

Brennen let a sly smile slip from his lips.

 'Brie and I were just making out.' Brennen blurted before laughing at my shocked look. 

'What the fuck?!' Colby exclaimed, letting go of my hand and clenching his fists. 

'Colby he is drunk, he doesn't like me and also if we were really 'making out' why would I call and ask for you to come over. Like come on please be logical.' I said, the last sentence coming off a little snarky. I looked over at Brennen whom was smiling with his eyes closed. 

'Come on Brennen you can crash in the spare room.' I said grabbing his hands and pulling him up and toward the room. Once Brennen was settled I headed back to the living room. I wasn't sure why I wasn't upset about the situation, but as I saw Colby sitting on the couch tugging a hand through his hair I could tell he was. 

I plopped myself on the couch with my legs and arms folded.

'Are you actually upset?' I sighed. 

'Well of course I am.' I rolled my eyes it was just a petty little comment to aggravate me. 

'If you really think I did something then why are you still he-' 

'I don't' He cut me off, how polite. 'It's just why would he say that and why the fuck did you let him stay.' 

I let a grin slip across my lips 

'What?' He snapped. 

'You cant stay too if you want.' I said jumping on top of him as he pulled me into a hug