Noah's hands

⚠️ DISCLAIMER: this chapter talks about suicide. ⚠️
I sat on a hard bench in the hospital waiting room, nervously tapping my foot against the cold floor. My fingers were interlocked with Colby's and the tips of mine were turning white, I moved my thumb in circle motions against his warm hand. He wasn't asking questions he just sat silently comforting me. Occasionally my eyes shifted up to Noah who was pacing back and forth, breathing in and out although his breathes were extremely shaky. I can't believe he found Mum, I squeezed my eyes shut trying to push the image of my mum lying unconscious out of my head. Sure Noah had walked in on it this attempt. But I had walked in on the other two attempts, those two fortunately were drug overdoses which she survived. This time there was blood. Lots of it, at least from what I saw.
When I bursted through the door Noah was on his knees in Mums bathroom with blood on his hands and all over the bathroom floor. The first thing I did was hug Noah.
"She didn't lock the door." He whispered.
The thought made me shudder, Colby pressed the bottom of his face against my messy hair.
"You good?" He mumbles into my hair. I shook my head signaling no but muttered under my breath.
"I'm fine."
I kept circling my thumb on Colby's hand which was calming me in a way. I finally decided it was time to open eyes, I saw a man in a long white coat with a clipboard coming straight for us and my stomach churned a little bit.
I stood up in an instant letting go of Colby's hand slightly. Colby followed my actions his fingertips drifting up my forearm.
"Are you Brie? And Noah?" The what I assumed Doctor said.
"Yes." I said in time with my brother. The Doctor sighed, and my legs felt like jelly. I felt like I knew what was to come.
"I'm very sorry, but Blair didn't make it." I clenched my hand around Colby's forearm.

Colby's POV

"I'm very sorry, but Blair didn't make it." The Doctor said. For a second Brie clenched my arm, hard too. But she quickly loosened her grip.
"Now I understand this will be hard for you. But do you two have someone where to stay?" The Doctor said in a monotone voice. I bet he thought they were twins. I did when I first saw the two of them together.
"No, I'm actually 20. Noah will be staying with me from here on out." She said sophisticatedly almost like an actual adult. Not that she wasn't already. Brie and the Doctor had a few words between them before she embraced Noah in a hug. I watched as he cried into her shoulder. But Brie, she was strong. She didn't shed a tear.

The drive home was silent, the only thing was the occasional sniff from Noah in the back seat. I glanced in the rear-view mirror, he was staring at bloodied hands as if they were evil. I still wasn't entirely sure what happened but I wasn't about to ask. Not right now anyway.
"Noah," Brie finally spoke, in a soft delicate voice. "You can just come home with me tonight we will worry about your things tomorrow, okay?"
She tried to sound bright, although just by looking at her you could tell she was miserable.
I couldn't help but the feel the need to fix it, it hurt me to see Brie hurt.
I placed my hand on her icy thigh and she looked up at me startled by my action.
I gave her thigh a small squeeze and a sympathetic smile, then turned my head back to the road.

Brie's POV
I walked into my apartment not bothering to turn on the light. All I could think was:
Mum's gone. She's really gone this time.
I squinted when Colby turned on the lights. 
She's gone.
"Noah." I said ignoring my thoughts, he was staring at his hands. Still.
The blood had dried but it was still obvious. I clasped Noah's hands shut with my own. Even if he was three years younger than me, his was a lot bigger than me.
"Come on." I whispered, slightly dragging him to the bathroom. I ran the hot water and got a cloth.  I pumped some soap on Noah's hands.
He didn't speak or move. He was heart broken, he walked in on Mum. He didn't spoken a word only cried.
I washed his hands until all of Mums blood was off. I pretended it wasn't Mums blood so it was easier to cope.
It's paint Brie red paint.
I patted his hands dry.
"All done." I said and tried to smile, Noah gave a small smile back but a tear slipped down his cheek.
I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back.
"It's gonna be okay Noah I promise." I said, he nodded and continued to cry silently into my shoulder. My poor brother, I couldn't imagine what he was going through. I released him from my hug, and looked at him. I sighed.
"Get some sleep," I cooed but ruffled his hair so he knew I wasn't completely babying him.
"Yeah night sis," He said giving me a peck on the cheek and slumping out of the bathroom. I let out a shaky breath. I didn't know what hurt me more Mum or seeing my little brother so crushed.
After getting myself together and controlling my breathing. When I walked out of the bathroom, Colby was waiting on the sofa his hands stuffed in the pockets.
"Noah's going to be sleeping in the spare room so ah you can sleep in my bed." I said blandly and bit my bottom lip.
"Come here." He said embracing me in a warm hug. His muscular arms felt so comforting and I finally let a few tears slip. Finally he let go not that I wanted him too.
"Listen you I'll sleep on the couch tonight, you need sleep Brie you haven't sleep in forever." He actually sounded concerned.
"It's fine Colby it's not like I'm going to sleep anyway.." I said, the sentence trailing off.
"Well maybe a cuddle might help?" Colby said smirking. I knew Colby was trying his hardest to cheer me up. I smirked but it quickly turned to tears as I nodded. 

Yay a long chapter,
Sorry it was so dark oops..but yeah hope you enjoyed.

Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️
Xx