Brennen's number (Chapter 34.)

'So you have Brennen's fucking number?!' He yelled his voice filling the car. I was now fully clothed and had just finished telling him my scary story.  

'Oh my god Colby.' My accent was thick when I used that tone. I looked down at my feet ashamed of my accent, I knew I shouldn't be, been but it had been one of my biggest insecurities since middle school. It was pretty pathetic. 

'Cute accent.' Colby smirked as I elbowed him hard in the shoulder receiving an over exaggerated groan in reply. 

'Seriously, Colby that guy looked like fucking slender man except with scary fucking eyes!!' 

'I beat I could beat him up.' Colby said pretty much to himself. 

'Colby if he said he killed you and I believed him.' I said to reassure him that he wasn't as big and tough as he thought. He rolled his eyes and stared out the window whilst breathing out a heavy sigh. 

'This is all your fault you know.' I said closing my eyes and resting my head against the head rest in the car. 'And now I'm going to have to fix it.' 

'No you're not.' He said sharply throwing my off guard a bit. I opened my eyes and rolled my head around to face him, his stare was cold and serious. 'I have to fix this. I will fix this.' 

'Well yeah it will be fixed.' I began. 'But I'll have to go see Brennen first.' 

'Noooo.' Colby whined pouting his bottom lip and giving me irresistible puppy dog eyes. 

'Colby I have too, I want to know who that man is.' I replied crossing my arms a small frown forming on my face. 

'But what if he tries something again.' He clenched his fists together, making me smirk he was cute when he was protective. I placed my small over his bawled fists making them relax. 

'He won't I promise, but I'll find out what's going.' When Colby still didn't seem convinced. 'I pinky swear.' 

I held at my pinky and Colby locked his pinky in with mine making a smile spread across my lips. I pulled out my phone and called Brennen. 

'Hey Brie, are you okay?!' Said a panicked voice through the phone. My eyes were locked on Colby, our pinkies were still intertwined. 

'Yeah I'm okay, hey can I come see you? You need to explain that weird guy.' I said in a bubbly tone, Colby was staring out the window intensely he wasn't touching me anymore. I bit down hard on the inside of my cheeks. 

'Um yeah I guess.' The other end of the line replied. 

'Great, see you then.' I chirped before hanging up quickly. 'Alright so I'll see Brennen and you can go see Sam or something?'

'Yeah sure, whatever.' He mumbled glancing at his feet. I bit the bottom corner of my lip.

                                                                                      ***

The car ride was silent on the way to Colby's house, he didn't say a word so I kept my eyes on the road. I knew he hated that I was going to see Brennen but I needed to know who that man was. I knocked on the pale white door lightly and waiting for it to open, instead I got a 'come in.' called at me.  I twisted the knob on the door and walked in, closing the door gently behind me.

'Hey,' I said softly as I made my way into the living room where Brennen sat sprawled out like a cat. 

'Hi.' Spoke a cheery voice coming from Brennen's mouth. I plopped myself down next to him allowing myself to sink into the comfy sofa.

'Sooo.' I said awkwardly. 'I'll allow you to start.' 

I watched as Brennen nervously shifted in his seat, before sucking in a lung full of air.

'So my uncle has ties right?' I nodded at his question looking at his glassy green eyes. 'And that guy you saw is one of them.' 

I scoffed I could figure that out on my own. 

'Yeah I figured.' I folded my arms firmly raising an eyebrow at him. 

'And we found out Colby was with you, you lied to my uncle Brie.' I said sternly as if he was upset about it. 

'Well yeah, of course I fucking did!' I threw my hands in the air and slapped my thighs when they dropped. 

'So we were waiting till you went out, but I guess Marco got it wrong..' He trailed off in thought. 

'Oh so the fucking freak the burst in my door was Marco. Well wait till I see fucking Marco.' I began. 

'Brie,' Brennen sighed. 'You're not as big and strong as you think you are.' 

He gave me a smirk when I frowned. I rolled my eyes. 

'Still he can't just come into my house like that Brennen! You know what I know enough now I should be calling the fucking police.' I pressed my palm against my forehead before pulling out my phone. 

'No!' Brennen shouted snatching the phone out of my hand. 

'What the fuck?! Give it back!' I yelled jumping out of my seat to face the now standing Brennen. 

'If you call the police Brie, I can file a report about what Colby did to me.' He said calmly. 

'No! That's not fair!' I screamed still attempting to get my phone back by clawing at his arms. 

'And I know people in prison.' His voice was low and made my heart skip a beat. 

'Okay.' I whispered before giving up limply.