Tall & Buff (Chapter 31.)

I laid on my back staring at ceiling. I checked my phone for the 100th time. 4:00 am. I let out a sigh and sat, I could hear Colby's faint snoring as I left my bedroom in just a bra, pyjama shorts and my usual panda slippers. I headed straight for my art room hoping painting would help clear my fuzzy mind. 

I entered the dark room, scanning my eyes for the light switch. I clicked it on and found myself staring out the wide window at the empty streets of LA. I shook my head and wrapped my hands around my navy blue button up painting shirt and began to slip it on and button it up. 

I stared at my half empty canvas. It was a humongous canvas bigger than me, but not the biggest I've painted. I had the background and shape of the face painted thickly across it but I still had a lot to do, so I got to work. 

I was shaping the eye just under the harsh dark eyebrow it was 7:00 am. Yes I had been painting for 3 hours, and it had cleared my mind. Painting was a good distraction for me, it always had been ever since my Dad died. I would consume myself into art so I wouldn't have to think about Dad or how my Mum acted.

I used circular motions to paint the pupil inside the eye when two loud bangs came from the front door making me jump smudging the eye. 

'Fuck it!' I yelled throwing the paintbrush on the ground leaving a splash of black paint on the cold wooden floor. Another two loud bangs came from the door. Of course Colby wasn't going to wake up and answer it. 

'Coming!!' I screeched in annoyance. stomping towards the front door swinging it open with a frown stuck on my face. 

'Is Colby here?' A low unfamiliar voice spoke, sending chills up my spine. He had a dark hoodie on covering his face with a hood. He was taller than I am, ha he was taller than Colby. He was buff too he kinda scared me, but I was too angry that he ruined my painting to let fear get to me. 

'No.' I scowled folding my arms. 'You ruined my painting! Why are you here at 7 fucking am?!' 

I glared at his face not that I could see it but I knew it was there. 

'Because I'm looking for Colby,' He began only making me fume. He was calm and collected but I knew he was dangerous. 

'Well he's not fucking here!!' I yelled throwing my hands up and letting them slap the side of my bare thighs when they fell loosely. 

'Okay, well if you hear from him give me a call.' He said handing me a small piece of paper with a scribbled phone number. I took it and ripped it up. 

'Yeah, right as if I'd call a stranger.' I scoffed slamming the door in his face leaving the ripped up paper at my feet. Stomping upstairs to complain to Colby.  

I flicked on the light to see him sound asleep on his back his face tilted to the right, making me smirk at his cuteness. I jumped on him getting a painful grunt in reply. I sat on his waist my legs on either side of his torso I folded my arms. 

'You'll never believe what just happened.' I whined. Colby opened his eyes squinting at the brightness before adjusting to my face letting a small smile escape his lips. I let out a tired grunt as he stretched. 

'What happened to you princess?' He chimed a smile stuck to his lips. 

'So I was painting right?' I began 

'Right.' Colby said carefully listening to my story. 

'And this stupid idiot banged on the door.' I began my story watching the colour drain slowly from Colby's face. 'What's wrong?' 

I said after I finished my little story. 

'I thought they wouldn't come here because Brennen liked you..' He said his thought trailing off his sentence. 

'What that doesn't make sense. He would still come here Colby.' I sighed, it just didn't make sense. 

'No he wouldn't Brie.' Colby said sternly as if I was stupid. 'Because he wouldn't want to get you involved, because well from what you told me he obviously cares.' 

Colby became tense as he spoke about Brennen. 

'Then why did that stupid man come here?' I said folding my arms still upset about my painting. 

'I don't know but I'm sure he'll get in trouble.' He said thoughtfully. I smiled at his concerned face and giggled. 

'What?' He said scrunching his face up whilst smiling. 

'Nothing, you just looked cute.' I said cheekily biting the corner of my lip. 

'Oh really?' Colby said throwing my gently off of him suddenly making me yelp with giggles. He leaned over and looked me the eyes gently kissing me. Our kisses became harder and faster. His lips trailed down leaving sweet little love bites all over my neck and chest.