Mum & Dad

I layed on Colby's hard bare chest, muscly bodies weren't as uncomfortable as everyone said. I hadn't slept and neither had Colby. The sun was spilling through the blinds in my room, causing me to squint.
I still couldn't believe Mum was gone. Especially on the anniversary of Dads death.
"You know it wasn't the first time right?" I finally spoke, Colby was raking his fingers through my blonde hair. Colby didn't say anything just continued raking his hands through my hair so I carried on.
"She done it twice before, with pills though. I had found her both times." Colby shifted his arm and wrapped it around my waist tightly but I didn't mind.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled.
"But Noah said she was acting weird ages ago, I should've known I could've prevented this. Noah could've been saved from a bigger mental scarring than me."
Colby sat up as soon as I started the sentence and he cupped my face gently with both of his hands, I could feel his cold rings against my cheeks. My lips were being pushed together like a fish face,
"Brie this wasn't your fault." His icy eyes were locked on my dull green ones. I put my hands over top of his, they were small compared to Colby's.
"But it's happened before I could have stopped it but I wasn't around eno-" "Brie stop. It wasn't your fault." Colby interrupted me. I wanted to my bottom lip but I couldn't. I let out a shaky breath to stop myself from crying and wrapped my hands around Colby's fingers pulling them down from my face.
"I know but I just don't know how Noah's going to cope." I sighed closing my eyes to keep myself from crying.
"You know your allowed to cry in front of me." Colby said quietly, he must've caught on that I was trying not too. 
"I just, I don't know. I'm sad yeah but I'm so fucking angry at the same time. She had to do it on this day. It's hard for us too." 
I opened my eyes even though my eye lids were screaming at me to close them again. I saw Colby's eyebrows knitting to together in confusion. He didn't know.
"Today is the anniversary of my Dads death." I said blandly my mouth feeling dry from the sentence.
"Oh Brie, I didn't realise."
"You know she didn't lock the door either, she should've known that Noah would've found her." I squeezed my eyes shut, I knew I shouldn't be mad but I was. That was my baby brother she scarred. He had to deal with the consequences.
"Hey," Colby said pushing my chin up with his finger so I was looking to him. "It's no ones fault, and what's done is done. All that matters right now is making sure you and Noah are okay."
He said it so seriously, so I nodded even though I knew the only thing that mattered was Noah. I sighed.
"I better get up, Noah is probably awake." I said leaving the room in shorts and a cropped singlet. Immediately the cold air of my hallway hit me, should've put on a hoodie.
Knocking me out of my daze was the sound of the door down the hall opening.
A puffy eyed, messy haired Noah stood behind it. 
"Hey," I said normally. I knew that when I was young and Dad passed everyone treated me like a baby and I hated it, so I assumed Noah would be much the same. 
"Hi." He sighed, I think he knew what was going to happen today. Going back to the house, sorting someone to clean the mess. On whatever else, maybe even a therapist for Noah. Of course the big thing was the funeral, the only funeral I had been to was Dad's and now Mum.
"Why haven't you cried yet?" Noah blurted out, he seemed angry at me for not crying. I cocked my head to the side and opened my mouth to answer but before I could answer I was interrupted with a loud;
"Helloooo!?" Followed by a bouncing of a ball. Quinn.
I had forgotten that Quinn asked me yesterday if I wanted to play football with him and I forgot to blow him off.
"It's...ah..Quinn." I said to Noah biting my bottom lip I wasn't sure how I was going to tell him. Before I knew it Quinn was at the top of the stairs.
"Oh hey Noah!" Quinn went over and gave Noah one of those weird bro hug things that guys do. The tension was so thick in the hallway you could cut it with a knife. I was silent. Noah was silent. Now Quinn was silent but with a confused look on his face.
"Hey Quinn come down stairs for a minute I need to tell you something." I said my voice shaky at the thought of even saying the words.
I walked down the stairs dragging a hand through my blonde hair. Once we were at the bottom of the stairs and out of ear sight by Noah, Quinn spoke
"What's up? Why is Noah here so early?" He harshly whispered. I sighed and dragged my hands up the sides of my face.
"Some shit happened last night." I began. We were out of eyesight from upstairs so I was hoping Noah couldn't hear.
"What happened. Are you okay? Is Noah okay?" His questioning was become more rushed and urgent.
"Look Mum.." I tried to gather the right words. "Mum passed."
I said in final indicating for him to not question it any further. Quinn tried to hide his shock even though it failed majorly.
"Sorry Brie." He said.
"It's fine I don't really want to speak about it." I said sharply, while rubbing the back of my neck with my hand. The irritation was in almost obvious my voice.
"Noah..is he good? What about you are you good?" Quinn put two hands on either of my shoulders making me tense up, I was not up for Quinn questioning me. "Have you slept? Is there anything I can do?"
Quinn's questions were overwhelming me.
"Just leave." I said colder than I meant too.
"Oh uh sorry babes." He said quietly looking down at the floor.
"Yeah, I have stuff to do..I'll call you later or something.." I mumbled before running back up the stairs not even turning to say goodbye to Quinn. By the time I was on the second floor of my apartment I had forgotten about Quinn and was simply focused on Noah. I knocked on the bathroom door assuming he was in there and I was right.
He opened the door and I could only see his face.
"Get ready, we have to go the house." I said my voice cracking from the dryness of my throat.
"Do we have too?" Noah asked.
"Yes we have to get your stuff, your living here now." Noah let out a groan. "I know, I know."
I didn't want to go either but we had too. Noah shut the door again and I was left alone in the hallway, I sucked in a deep breath and let a single tear slip before quickly wiping it away and putting my front back up.
I could do this.

Okay this chapter is quite long but I hope you all don't mind. I might not post for while, depends. Comment if you want me to post this week or whatever
Anyway

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️❤️
Xx